/althusser/

Why isn't he more read or popular here? Does anyone have a TLDR of his ideas, considering how so many figures we respect here on leftypol(Wolff, etc.). are Althusserian influenced?

Because this is a leftist board.

explain

Kill yourself faggot.

Speak for yourself.

Althusser is GOAT.

I don't know, it's not like his stuff is particularly hard either. I was reading adorno & horkeimer for a week and it's the literary equivalent of xanax. i finally gave up and started Humanism and Stalinism by Althusser, it's basically a response by him to one of his critics. It's filled with bantz and I'm laughing my ass off.

tl;dr read Althusser.

I sort of get the feeling most people who read Althusser stop bothering with Holla Forums

why

Because this board is awful for actually discussing theory, and ever time we get a poster who's a legit theoryfag they just end up getting frustrated with constantly having the same three arguments with brainlets and just fuck off to anywhere else.

sure, but you treat althusser like he's somehow more obscure than anything else that gets posted on the regular here.

I'm not that other user, I just think anyone who honestly takes the dive and starts actually reading shit like Althusser, Sartre, Adorno, or Badiou is going to suddenly have a lot of difficulty taking Holla Forums seriously as a place to have serious discussion.

Everyone should read Philosophy for Non-Philosophers, it is designed to be read by people with no formal training in philosophy.

because he's a hack

Philosophy is pretty easy to learn though. Just avoid non-marxist moderns and you will do fine.

Althusser is a hack and a crypto platonist. Structures don't take to the barricades. Read the grundrisse and realise the 'muh true antihumanist Marx'is a product of Althusser's imagination.

Do you have a link to this in English?

he looks like emperor palpatine

Is that a good or a bad thing?

Tru Fact; Althusser was a psycho who strangled his own wife for no reason. imo that just makes him cooler. Althusser is the ultimate Frenchman: an erudite pipe smoking Marxist philosopher and psychoanalist, a graduate of the ENS and a militant of the communist party. he also strangles wives on the side. Althusser even wrote an autobiography in which he talks about the philosophical implications of having strangled his wife.

Strangle your wife

noicealthough i don't endorse strangling wives, thats fucking horrible

yeah, don't suggest shit without a pdf link