/memegeneral/

Hey guys just thought I'd post a meme general thread to take account of our current memes. It is widespread knowledge that Holla Forums needs new OC and memes. Here's what we have so far:

-Bunkers/Hoxha
-Stirner
-Catgirls
-Google Bookchin
-Bordiga/Leftcom
-Cockshott/Cybernetics
-Posadas
-Jimmy "insert x" Dore basically leftypols ben garrison
-Nazbol/Naztrot/Anti-Anglo/misc. post ironic memes
-Traps(do they count?)

Newish meme:
Hyperbowl (A xexisy/muke reference, don't really know what to do with this one).

Honestly we need more stupid memes unrelated to actual theorists. Just like Holla Forums has the a ok sign, milk, kekistan, etc. The only thing we have thats close to that is nazbol and posadas.

If anyone has a good idea for a new meme im all ears

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5JtOmKK1d0k?t=116
google.com/#q=fidget spinner alt right
lefty.booru.org/index.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_communism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If it's a leninist twink reference and not of Holla Forums origin then it doesn't count.
Neither do traps, traps aren't a meme.

Do skeletons count?
We have so many skeletons.

The thing is, for Jimmy the X has to rhyme with Dore.
Example: Jimmy "Arm the Poor for the class war" Dore.
Most war is used.

jimmy "no war but the class war" dore

I made this

Isn't it the best seeing him get radicalized before our eyes?

Muke memes are great as well.

i just made that, we need to turn hyperbowl into a meme

Someone redbull me on hyperbowl.

🎳🎳🎳
some bowling symbols please make it a meme

muke vs molymeme when

Its gonna 🎳🎳🎳H A P P E N🎳🎳🎳

Explain your meme, muke.

itt muke samefagging

not muke

also not muke, but if you guys have better idea for OC id like to see it.

Better OC for what you nigger? I don't even understand what it's in reference to.

youtu.be/5JtOmKK1d0k?t=116

Good memes happen.
If it is made, it is just forced.
Every single one of you fuckers who think "hey, let's make a maymay :::DDD" is a fucking retard if you don't understand this.

tbf, at some point, somebody actually does have to make it. Plus if you look at Holla Forums they actually do have threads where they decide to make something a meme like the fidget spinners

Forcing a meme works, example: bookchin, bordiga, cockshott, and pretty much every leftypol meme now that i think of it

Fuck man, I remember playing that shit at the Metreon in San Francisco like 15 years ago.

It's only a forced meme if people don't find it funny and then people think it's funny that people don't think it's funny so they post it to troll people. Like Milhouse.

And, did it work? Do we have news articles of "fidget spinners are nazi symbol"?

Read Zizek is the original, it came from a Holla Forums comic someone edited to display the average discourse here.
Someone took it and used it to get people to read bordiga.
Someone took that and told people to google bookchin.
Now we have cockshott, and similarly how the bookchin people were trying too hard and are quite negatively looked upon because muh opportunism, and bookchinites are still trying too hard at shilling their bullshit, cockshott fags are also walking that same path.
Catgirls were a growth out of the board-tan. It was not forced, someone didn't say "this is meme now, spam it everywhere or else ur a shit memer". Someone just made it. Then people wanted catgirls signifying their political ideologies, because everyone here wants to be a special snowflake, and then that happened.
Stirner was a meme on /lit/ I believe, because it's extremely easy to respond to spooked people "lol >spooks". Similarly to the "install gentoo" response on /g/ and Holla Forums, it just sticks well because it's a good response to stupid threads of people demanding to be spoonfed. Same with the "read X" phenomenom.
Jimmy "insert x" Dore is also a format taken from Holla Forums. It was popular for a while here to do also "what's his name again?" threads here, where similar things happened. webm, related for a collection of Mike "insert X" Pence responses.
Posadism is a meme-tier ideology with his UFO's and nukes. It's funny enough to see it, it's also funny to ironically support it. Not much different with Hoxhaism and Nazbol.

Forced memes are just painful. At first at least.

Dude Bookchin has by far the most cohesive and coherent and modern leftist theory. Seriously, you people shilling shit for 80 years ago need to wake the fuck up. The social fabric of our lives and our subconscious desires is really the root of the problem. Our communities have been completely wrecked by capitalism and imperialism. We have to acknowledge this before we can overcome it.

Hyperbowl is communist bowling

What do you call a split
a trotskyist

What do you call an anarchist bowling ball which knocks out all the pins from the aisle?
a general strike

google.com/#q=fidget spinner alt right
Sorry, I still don't think its wrong to try to come up with new memes, why not throw everything against the wall and see what sticks. Plus your underestimating the power of repetition. Even if something isn't funny, if people repeat it enough, it sticks. Exactly what is funny about milk, the a-ok symbol, etc?

T. forgot the tolerant left meme

clever

Yes you can, its what Holla Forums does all the time. They literally say shit like 'meme x into existance'

This and only this.

Nothing, I doubt anybody has ever found it funny aside from the brief moment when some huffpost or other dailykos made a clickbait article. Stop trying to ape the right-wing retards, just because they lack self-awareness and force embarrassingly unfunny shit does not mean we have to do it too. We're not in a competition to get as much 12 year olds on our side as possible.

Pirate posting, though that's mostly a counter to unironic deus volters etc and to shitpost. I think we need more anarchist pepes.

Also Naztrot is no more. They've disbanded. Anti-Anglo and Nazbol are still around tho.

I suppose the "great gamer genocide of 2014", revolutionary Kekalonia, Bunkerstan and Kurdish qt posting.

read

See this? He's just trying to shill his ideology.
I'm not talking about Bookchin's ideology, I'm talking about how it is heavily marketed here.

I agree with throwing shit against the wall and seeing what sticks, but it ought to be a community effort. The repetition is no different than spam. Unless you want the meme to be characterized by "that thing that those two people are spamming", it's not a good idea.
Making a good meme means you make one thing. You post this somewhere, maybe a couple of times.
If it's good, people take it, post it on other places, make some edits to it, and a meme is "made".
If people don't think it's worth taking, it shouldn't be a meme in the first place.

These are just good content. This is the sort of shit that's worth taking. It makes a connection between things that was missing beforehand.

The best example I can give of someone trying to market Cockshott would be Jimmy Dore pointing at the book. It's just so blatant, they said to themselves "How can we best shill this book?" "Well, we take one of leftypol's greatest heroes, and edit him to suggest to them that /their guy/ loves it too!"
Compare it to celebrities in commercials. Same difference.

And Holla Forums's meme game is only held up by oversensitive idiots in the media.
Or do you actually think meme magic is a real thing?

WE NEED MORE COMMUNIST SKELETONS

If we think that his ideas are the key to leftist revolution, then wouldn't we by trying to spread his ideas as much as possible?

Compare it to celebrities in commercials. Same difference.

I made that, and tbh its not because it was jimmy dore, it was because it had a solid background that somebody had already edited and therefore it was a lot easier to select it and edit in the cover of TANS. Jimmy is based though

part 2

part 3

Where relevant, sure.
But don't force it where it's not needed.
You just paint your supporters as annoying ideologues, and deter people from looking into it, because it's full of annoying ideologues.
Because there seems to be so much holy uncritical faith in the ideas.
Because it seems full of people who take those things too seriously.

he is pretty based. But I saw it so often, it just looks so suspicious, simply because it reminded me of that.

Are these all on the booru yet?
lefty.booru.org/index.php
So far there's so many this might not be the ideal place to dump them.

They're getting nowhere with their idiocy and forced memes, it's just a new iteration of chanology and it shall die just like chanology. Start fucking thinking how the things work out long-term, because something like buzzfeed articles about ok sign being literally Hitler achieve nothing.

It's needed wherever there are people to read/hear it.

How should we better present his ideas? What is your critique of his ideas?

It's only because his ideas as so novel and powerful. Seriously, have you looked into social ecology? It's tremendously exciting!

What things? Leftist revolution? How could you possibly take this too seriously?

Fuck off. That's the standard imageboard quote and response format. It just looks weird because the quotes and responses are so short.

is that a reference to ben garrison going to baltimore?

Are vegans post-modern memers? They seem to make the funniest shit in the world, and I can never tell whether they're being ironic, or what. They're like peak performance shitposters or something.

First, stop reddit spacing. Learn the culture, learn how to talk. We don't use emojis in our posts either unless we're ironic, because we know it looks fucking retarded.

Maybe, but spamming it everywhere does not make people want it.

Maybe by looking like reasonable people that show how his solutions fit in to the problems other people paint.

I have none, haven't read him. I'm just commenting on why you all look like absolute cringelords.

I'm sure it is, and showing people that you really do feel it is tremendously exciting is not a bad thing. But try to remain critical.
Present yourself not as a holy prophet of his, but as a reasonable person that thinks it's a really good idea to look into his ideas. Recommend simple things at first to hook people in, and if they like what they see, they should easily dig further in it.

I'll admit it, the third example was mostly to be able to have a nice summation of three things, because rhetorics.

I'll give you one suggestion: Say something about Bookchin or his ideas that you disagree with, a weakness of his, anything. Prove that you're not a mindless ideologue. Show people that he or his ideas aren't perfect. Because it's precisely this that makes him believable for people.

those look unironic tbh

I've been using imageboards since 2009, faggot.

Then why the fuck do you keep doing it?

They're too funny to not be at least slightly tongue in cheek. Like, do you remember that Pokemon game PETA made, that shit was hilarious. They actually managed to trigger the entire Pokemon fanbase.

I did you controlled-opposition loser, and then all you did was critique my fucking post format and discourage me from "shilling" him.

He's a lot like Zizek in that he can sound pompous and overly academic. I wish he'd focus more on painting a compelling picture of what his society would look like. Also, anarchism is probably too idealistic. I love anarchist thinking, but I think a minarchist left-communist set up is more realistic.

Clarity. "Reddit spacing" is a shitty forced meme.

Simple things like a wikipedia page or some elaboration on the ideas, instead of namedropping "social ecology" and leaving.
Something that piques the reader's interest.

A left-communist set up? I never heard of something along those lines, and now I'm interested to hear more about what that is supposed to look like, because all I heard of leftcoms is that they do critiques. That they break down, instead of build up.

Yes, discussing post formatting is as derailing as the discussion some people have on how many spaces should go after a period. But it's clear enough to just follow convention and only leave an empty line after different sections.

Else, you might as well do something like this for "clarity"…or do the weird thing that some people do to leave those periods in the middle of a sentence…as if they're trying to be creative in expressing a pause in a spoken sentence.

Nice dubs. But why are you so worried about post formats? A post is a creative work and the author should have the freedom to express themselves in the way they feel is most effective.

Left communism is where there's as much freedom and local control as possible while not allowing the capitalists to dominate people. This is opposed to the centralized power model of Lenin, Mao, and even Trotsky, although Trotsky is more to the left than those two. Minarchism means minimum government. So only that power which absolutely has to be centralized would be, probably the military at least. Beyond that, decisions are made at the most local possible level, in community councils. And even these councils would have limited power. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_communism

A post may be a creative work for some, but we don't post here to be creative to each other do we?
We post here to communicate, and therefore we try to do our best at making ourselves as clear as we can to each other, so we may share ideas without sounding confusing or strange, as this would distract from the subject matter.
Sure, you have the freedom to express yourself the way you feel effective. But similarly, other people will feel free to criticize every single part of a post they don't like.
You could see criticism as hate and ignore it, or you could see it as advice you can apply to make yourself more clear in the future.

Good explanation, I rate 8/10 needs less reddit spacing :^)

t. Bookchin at libertarian conference (hopefully just infiltrating)

cant forget Zizek

Zizek is not a Holla Forums meme. He is a meme independent of platform. He is a meme in physical form, set loose upon the world.

Rojava is bannable but this is A-OK!

One autistic asshat posting the same shit over and over doesn't make a meme. You can't centrally plan a meme. Actual lefty meme list:

Jimmy "insert x" Dore and Google Bookchin I think are in the process of becoming proper memes.

delet this

its more than 1
forgot about porky though

nope.

STFU, memes are the new agitprop, memes are digestible bits of theory for you illiterate fucks. Don't like it? get off /leftpol/ and read a book cuz this place is basically all memeslike any image board

forced memes will never not be cancer

So is milk and the a-ok symbol, fidget spinners, kekistan, and shadilay cancer?