Would you work in a post-scarcity society?

Would you work in a post-scarcity society?
I wouldn't, I'd just fuck around and do nothing.

what would be the point of an automated space communist utopia if nobody was doing anything.

I'd honestly enjoy having my own street food booth which seems comfy as all fuck, or to drive things or people around, but I guess that's going the way of the dodo.

Work is not the only thing you can do. You can follow your own independent desires or creative passions.

This is what a post-scarcity society would look like.

There's nothing wrong with that.

Borgeouis consumers, truly what marx envisioned.

Now, I don't know the economic conditions of this cartoon movie outside of "robots do everything" but if everyone is bourgeois then how is anyone bourgeois?

Robots are the working class.

Not until they're thinking beings. Which I guess they were in that movie? Or just some of them.

They were sentient beings.
So, yes.

I would work but only in ways that I personally found fulfilling. Like building a tree house for my son or improving the shared spaces of the community like rivers and roads and stuff. Maybe do some social outreach.

I have a feeling that even in a post scarcity society there will still be work that NEEDS to be done by humans but it will be a relatively small number compared to the relative population so only those that want to will.

Are we oppressive to the machines to have them do all the work?
What if they become self-conscious, should they gain rights?
If they gain rights and join the "new bourgeois class", who does the work? Those lazy people who are used to post-scarcity and dicking around?

And then your son's friends would laugh at his shitty treehouse,

Sitting around doing nothing is a result of the atomization that capitalism encourages. It's literally in Capitalism's interest to make all the fun shit to do cost lots of money. Also under FALC there would be more cool shit being built and more hobbies would be accessible to you. Finding something you enjoy would be way easier. It'd also be easier to meet people and make friends as a result.

If you choose to fuck around and do nothing then you'd only have yourself to blame.

Not that user, but his son would laugh at theirs too, it would be like, you know… fucking banter.
Whats the argument?

Computers can't just become self-conscious by themselves. You'd have to program them to be conscious, and why the fuck would you do that?

That the robot-manufactured treehouse would be better than the piece of shit he tried to build. It would probably be structurally flawed as well.

Most of the fun is in the design anyways, and robots enable grander designs. Who cares if a robot constructed it?

To study robot AI and ask existential questions?

Robots make boring and sterile stuff that is 100% utilitarian. Making something with your own hands is just fun to do in general, and looks interesting and creative. You don't see people laughing at DIY punk rock stuff even if it looks like shit, most people admire it.

Well yeah, but obviously you wouldn't want all robots to be like that because then they'd essentially be slaves for eternity which would be a dick move.
Robots can simulate imperfections.
Anyways things are only beautiful because people judge them to be beautiful. The amount of time a person sacrifices on a project definitely gives that project a sacred quality, but I'd argue that's not enough to make the thing itself beautiful.

I would still have to work because I'm a programmer. So in reality me and the other engineers would still do some work while everyone else was living off NEETbux. I don't mind it though.

I would study and construct situations.

No, and i wouldn't work in a scarcity society either.

I would work as a space anthropologist, you guys lack imagination

Dedicate even more time to the study of philosophy. No one would be forced to study whatever is in demand in the market at the moment, and likely many would be able to dedicate more time to this and art. I'd I'd to form a study group.

Then why don't you just kill yourself right now? Everything would be easier that way.

I definitely would. I'm the kind of person who autistically craves constant creative and intellectual stimulation, just chillin' really isn't my thing. In fact, it's likely I would work much more than I would toiling at some bullshit job under capitalism, considering I'd actually like what I'm doing.

Machinery sophisticated enough to provide sufficient automation but not sophisticated enough to actually become human-like.

I think I'd might end up doing similar things to what I'm doing now, but on my terms, and cooperating with employees of "my" current "competition".

Sure.

Depends on what you call 'work.'

As it happens I fuck around and do nothing now, and I fucking hate it. I'd actually be able to do more work in a society where labor wasn't hierarchical.

I'd do creative work either way, but if there was still stuff to be done and there was nothing to make just working into a ridiculous hassle, I'd absolutely work. And I'd encourage other people to work with me - and hopefully they would, since they presumably wouldn't need to do a bunch of other shit.

no, It would just be like one long vacation, everyone would always be going to on trips and seeing Ja Rule concerts in the Bahamas, and going mountain biking in the Apennines.

i'm starting to think every non leftist in the world is a retard.

don't blame them, they're indoctrinated.

Oh hell yes. Fixing houses and doing some landscaping / gardening. Throw in copious time at the rifle range and that shit sounds like paradise.

Plus chopping my own firewood is a good workout. Used to do that when I lived in the mountains. Got swole as fuck.

That poster makes me unreasonably angry.

It's not bad, it's just that most people will do nothing but consume mass quantities.

I haven't read something long and deep recently.

I would sit around on the beach and do nothing but read.