Holla Forums films

Shall we get a Holla Forumsrelated film thread going?

Who are your favourite directors who deal with leftist issues? Favourite films? etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8_fy_BQtHUo
youtube.com/watch?v=9aLQPNPlK5M
youtube.com/watch?v=fNcxxBjEOgw
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/8920967/The_Pervert_s_Guide_to_Ideology
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/8362900/The_Pervert_s_Guide_to_cinema_-_Slavoj_Zizek_
deluge-torrent.org/
monoskop.org/images/7/7c/Eisenstein_Sergei_Film_Form_Essays_in_Film_Theory_1977.pdf
imdb.com/list/ls059627692/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I've been meaning to see this film. I feel like the same meme movies are always being promoted here, whereas there are lots of forgotten leftist classics.

The Weight of Chains. Its sequel ties closely to the original.

The Weight of Chains. Its sequel followed closely to the original.

The Weight of Chains. Its sequel happens to follow closely to the original.

The Wait of Cheigns. Its sequel coincidentally heavily mirrors the original work

The Wrait of Cheigns follows closely to the original

The Wraith of Keynes. The subsequent picture is closely linked to its predecessor.

Captain Fantastic is about a primitivist who raises his kids in the woods, they're various lefties, anarchists, a trot, and such, and for personal reasons they must adventure into our modern society and experience it.

Also, the trotsky is another good comedy about a man who believes he is the reincarnation of trotsky, though it might trigger some of you since it acknowledges the black panthers/ezln and such as being agents of social justice which is a dirty word.

Captain Fantastic is pretty fantastic. It's not really a Leftist movie, its characters are just leftists, but it's pretty entertaining and funny regardless.

salvador

Having leftists characters and not painting their ideas as 100% wrong is good enough for me.

The 1963 Soviet animated film The Shareholder
youtube.com/watch?v=8_fy_BQtHUo

bitter lake

hypernormalisation:
youtube.com/watch?v=9aLQPNPlK5M

Refreshing 10 times, restarting the browser, and checking on a different PC doesn't seem to alleviate this bullshit.

"Die dritte Generation" by Fassbender. Subtitled version is on yt.

"Neruda"
About the poet and leader of the Chilean Communist Party Pablo Neruda.

"Motorcycle Diaries"
A movie about Che Guevara diaries, before he became a revolutionary.

It's really good. Even has Emma Goldman who behaves in exactly the way I've always imagined her.

"Die dritte Generation" by Fassbender. Subtitled version is on yt.

This one was recently restored. Really quite good.

"A group of students arrives in a small town during a hiking expedition. Once there, the local priest accuses them of being communist agitators on the run from an army crack-down against student demonstrations in nearby Mexico City and rallies the townsfolk to lynch them. Based on true facts occurred in the town of Canoa in 1968."

swear I added the image

My Mexican communist grand uncle showed me this it's pretty good.

"Die dritte Generation" by Fassbender. Subtitled version is on yt

not necessarily leftist but its a good film about how the american dream dont real

Elio Petri's movies are all good and leftist. The Working Class Goes to Heaven is free on youtube with several language subs including english youtube.com/watch?v=fNcxxBjEOgw

Germany in autumn

A Very British Coup: britanons can watch it on 4oD.

The Weather Undergrund

Master of the Universe

The Edukators

What a Way to Go: Life at the End of Empire

The Baader Meinhof Complex

I watched the first bits of this. The Emma Goldman in the movie was awesome, but the main character had this feminist as a gf that behaved as a total bitch, and instead of her being called out on how much of a bitch she was, her behaviour seemed to be celebrated in the movie. Couldn't watch past a bit that involved them reading poetry or whatever, because of how anoying she was as a character, and how that made me judge the main character very poorly for continuing his relationship to her despite her terrible behaviour.

My nigga.

weeb trash reporting in

The Battle of Algiers 1966
About the Algerian struggle for independence from the colonialist French occupation.

found this anticommunist propaganda movie and took a clip out of it heh
The movie is called "i was a communist for the FBI"

Alexandr Nevsky's breddy gud, and iirc was a huge influence on how movie battles were filmed. Battleship Potemkin's also obviously good.

I couldn't stand the pacing it that

Wrath of Khan is best Star Trek movie, its sequel The Search for Spock ties up plot threads from it

Land and Freedom is about a britbong who joins the republicans during the Spanish Civil War. It's shown through his own eyes and also through the eyes of his daughter reading his letters in the current day. It also portrays the difference between the local (mostly anarchist) opposition and the USSR-inspired international brigades, being critical towards the latter.

The Wind that Shakes the Barley tells the story of the Irish War of Independence focusing on two brothers. They fight side by side in the beginning but end up on different sides in the following pro/anti treaty struggles.

La Decema Vittima is one of my favorite films of all time. Elio Petri is based as fuck.

Yann Le Masson's 1973 cinéma direct documentary Kashima Paradise about late capitalism in Japan is one of my favorite films, right along Berman's and Tarkovski's.

I just bought the Éditions Montparnasse DVD anthology of Le Masson's films, which are basically impossible to find on the Internet. Sadly, my retarded connection doesn't allow me to upload any rip, it's much too large for my upload capacity to handle. :(

I sure wish I could find the tv series.

It's all on BakaBT. Might be able to find it on nyaa.si, but it will be slower.

I guess I hardly even looked then thanks.

If you don't have an account on BakaBT and can't find it on nyaa you should see if an IRC bot has it. Maybe some other anime tracker has it too.

Know somewhere I can watch/download this?

Where can I find free copies of "The Pervert's Guide To Cinema" and "The Pervert's Guide To Ideology"? Neither of them are on Netflix anymore and I'm getting desperate.

pirate them nigga

The fucking pirate bay.
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/8920967/The_Pervert_s_Guide_to_Ideology
pirateproxy.cc/torrent/8362900/The_Pervert_s_Guide_to_cinema_-_Slavoj_Zizek_
You will need a torrent client to download them.
I'd recommend deluge. deluge-torrent.org/
After the torrent client has installed, you click on the green text that says "GET THIS TORRENT" above or below the white description area.
If you get confused by the ads, shame on you for not having an adblocker. I'd recommend ublock origin then.
I assume you don't have all of these things set up, because you only know about netflix it seems, which indicates babby-tier computer knowledge.
No offense, but it's true.

There used to be an AVI floating around with deep-fried image and hard-coded French subs. Can't seem to find it now, though…

I'll try and upload my rip if I ever get the occasion.

it feels like it was made by Holla Forums. 90% of the film is about the MC literally being a cuck.

watching this documentary, fell asleep before it finished last night but it's pretty great. would recommend. can find it on youtube but I'm watching a better quality version off the pirate bay.

fuckin this, who still doesn't know how to use The Bay

Cillian Murphy is breddy gud in Anthropoid, would recommend for Reinhard Heydrich getting mortally wounded by shrapnel.

This movie is pretty funny.

Yeah I liked it too

Also n o i c e

can second this. Several of the revolutionary leaders star in this, playing themselves, which, imo, is absolutely insane.

Just finished watching the second movie as per your recommendation.
Great film, though the ending seemed a bit abrupt.

A word of warning for anyone wanting to watch it on YouTube, the English subtitles are delayed a good bit. You can still generally understand what's happening, but scenes where a lot of people are talking quickly or at once can get pretty confusing.

Can anyone recommend good films made in socislist countries that are dubbed/subbed??
For what I have listened the soviets were pioneers in lots of thing in the film industry (they even invented the montage)

Didn't a fat Holla Forumsak make a "white students union"

Top of Holla Forums viewing list

You have to go back.

The ones who used the montage technique to its fullest were early directors like Eisenstein, Dziga Vertov, Pudovkin and Aleksandr Dovzhenko.

More info on soviet film theory: monoskop.org/images/7/7c/Eisenstein_Sergei_Film_Form_Essays_in_Film_Theory_1977.pdf

what the actual fuck are those movies Holla Forums?

I use fucking Gentoo (Hardened and deblobed, thanks for asking) with Herbstluft wm on a Librebooted Thinkpad. I don't like pirating stuff because people do get caught all the time. And assuming that you were telling this to a babby, why in the world wouldn't you recommend encryption or a VPN (even if it does slow things down massively)? Are you trying to get me caught? Do you know how dangerous it is now that ISPs have been deregulated here in Burgerstan?
Never mind, where can I buy it from?

imdb.com/list/ls059627692/

What do y'all think of this list? Most of the recommendations are pretty meme-tier, but there's a couple good ones.