Why is it that you never hear of things like this happening at symphony orchestra concerts? Or operas...

Why is it that you never hear of things like this happening at symphony orchestra concerts? Or operas? Even free performances of classical music in cities like Chicago and Detroit seem to be immune to these sorts of acts of mass violence.

Many people say that it is the violence in the lyrics, but many operas have lyrics and simulated performance of acts which are far more violent than rap. Some say that it is because only rich old white people go to symphony concerts, yet I see many blacks both performing and attending big city symphonies, and rap tickets are usually far more expensive than symphony tickets so wealth/poverty can't be the answer.
I am truly at a loss to find an answer to this enigma which is both logically sound and does not sound utterly racist.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rite_of_Spring#Premiere
youtube.com/watch?v=y1taQl-wOmo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They aren't real niggas.

Because classical music isn't directly related to America's modern organized crime subculture.

It's obviously a matter of culture. You won't find nearly as many people taking molly at a rap show as they would a rave either, what a shocker.

Culture is downstream of genetics.

lol

Look up "Blacks & Niggas: A Study of American Intraracial Cultural Segregation, prof. Christopher Rock, Oxford University Press, 2003"

Because people who listen to classical music murder scores of people indirectly.

Sage for a stupid, obvious question.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rite_of_Spring#Premiere

Because the kind of people who listen to classical music are typically the kind of people who can afford to invest time and mental energy into it, i.e people who are generally well-off and well-educated, i.e people who are less likely to be criminals regardless of race.

That's not quite comparable

Is Classical Music a big part of criminal subculture? Are gangmembers likely to be interested in it enough to go to a symphony?

youtube.com/watch?v=y1taQl-wOmo

Because there is presumably a lot of alcohol consumed at night clubs, and men are also there to meet women. Sometimes they start fighting over women or some other stupid shit, and then people start getting shot.

I wish you did.

TOTAL ART

So it really is that blacks are more violent than whites? Is that what we are left having to accept?

Statistically, yes, which is only meaningful if you condone how society currently functions.

And even with high crime rates, society functions
Society is threatened more by the political consequences of high crime than high crime itself

All of these answers. Probably related to why you have football, American football, and hockey rioting, but almost never basketball riots.

Do classical music composers write diss tracks?

German composer Hans Werner Henze wrote a requiem for Che Guevara. At the Hamburg premiere a red flag was placed on stage which lead to a riot and several arrests. Just an interesting anecdote related to the premise of discussion.