Sum up neoliberalism in one picture

sum up neoliberalism in one picture

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/madeleine/status/880824773986709504
youtube.com/watch?v=uSQcNLTDz-A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

beat me to it

Has this cuck said anything since the election? I can't decide if I want to see him sperg out publicly or never show his face in public again more.

What's this obsession with neoliberalism? It's just another form of capitalism. Instead of siding with socdems to bring back a more 'ethical' and 'fair' version of capitalism, you should make actual criticisms instead of muh x party, muh media.

Yes a book about children going off to an exclusive boarding school and embroiling themselves in upper middle-class workplace politics is exactly how we can make sense of the world.

So did George Galloway and Jason Unrhuehue, how else are leftists supposed to get on regular tv?

There's a lot that goes into it, but the big reason I think people are so obsessed with it is that it really changed the way capitalism presents itself and challenges traditional means of radical resistance. Before the neoliberal turn the strategy was at least a little bit clearer. There were owners and there were workers, the workers generally knew they were being exploited, and, even if they weren't a true revolutionary force, they had the wherewithal to strike, protest, and act in their class interests. In other words the marxist class distinctions still obviously applied.

With the neoliberal turn, the financialization of western economies and the brutal repression of the left from all angles, lead to a much more confusing world when it comes to resistance. Now every worker in some sense is an "owner" with stock in the company, or pension funds which are invested. The old methods of resistance were swept away under the auspices of TINA (There Is No Alternative). There's this pervasive idea, even among many on the left, that capitalism is now too big to really defeat. The last 40 years have been a massive victory for capital, and neoliberalism plays a huge role in that. It absolutely bears understanding and dealing with the unique consequences of neoliberal policy different from how we would have done so before.

That doesn't mean we have to just try and bring back the welfare state. But I do think it means that in a sense, beggars can't be choosers. We must hold fast to our radical program as the anti-capitalist left, but we shouldn't shun attempts to move towards capital with a human face. The welfare state makes people's lives better in real tangible ways. Accelerationism is entirely a meme. What we need to do is show people that left policies can improve their material conditions. Not all of them will become real leftists. But some will. Some on the right will move left, some on the "left" will move further left… etc.

I completely agree that we should continue, as leftists, to criticise bourgeois politics in all its forms, but we shouldn't forget the damage that the neoliberal turn did to the left program.

Good. Dumbledore was a reactionary magicrat anyway.

i really want to ignore this twat but the very idea that someone, either paid shill or not, could literally talk to thousands of people saying that a politician is not the good guy of the book they wrote makes my brain melt.
not only that but she says it like most people actually use that metric to understand politics and she has to break them free because they've been lied to. she phrased that like she says that sentence IRL multiple times a day. this is some kind of mental illness.

I couldn't decide

Really makes ya think

The Wizarding World needs a proper violent revolution, starting with guillotining the aristocracy and seizing their property. I want to see THAT in a sequel.

Just remember little prole, bad jobs are better and more empowering than no jobs at all

What people forget was that these jobs were once done for much better wages in the West.

Every sweatshop worker that works for beans and rice so that a westerner is clothed was once a job done by one or more western workers (sweatshop workers work 14 hour shifts, often 6 days a week) who ate much better, worked fewer hours, had better housing, healthcare and access to education.

Not only that, but child labour is endemic in the 3rd world too. Defenders of sweatshops, like those who support war, will never participate in them.

Cheap labor is necessary, unions nearly ruined this country before us noble neoliberals came and shipped those jobs overseas so Bangladeshi women could become proles instead of peasants.

That moment when the Trumpcucks nail it

MLKs image in this will always make me mad

The funniest part is that Holla Forums refuses to see this as a class issue. Proles have to rely on the public sphere while the bourgeoisie can just pay to send their kids to private schools and live in gated communities that are very far away from the brown proles they love to import.

Morozof is based af

please tell me this is ironic

Good thing he isn't.
If you read the same books I did, Dumbledore is not a good character. Even Rowling herself apparently forgot it and embraced the meme instead. But we already know she has skewed priorities.

It is, pretty sure someone here made it.

Yeah he is the head of magical Eton basically

DUMBLEDORE IS NAZBOL

Shit you might be right.

I was like 10 when I read the books, pls explain.

HOLY FUCK

7D WIZARD'S CHESS

twitter.com/madeleine/status/880824773986709504

Brought to you by the women who said that the murder of 0.5 million Iraqi children was "worth it"

From a recent AMA by NYT.

You know what to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=uSQcNLTDz-A

Um what? I'll admit he was a little bit manipulative but other than that he literally did nothing wrong.

They make my blood boil almost more than conservatives. Think it's just something about how smug they are.

Even if you did it would be blamed on some rightist nutter because they're largely in low income neighborhoods.

Nah, that sounds like an American take TBQHWUF. Pretty much everyone but the boomers are presented as the crazies here due to newspaper sales demographics.

I am from the UK but maybe I'm just wrong. I didn't think about it much but I guess with the media bias they probably wouldn't be blamed. After the reluctance from the media to call the bloke a terrorist after he drove a van into a group of muslims it's wouldn't suprise me.

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me "Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.

There wasn't much reluctance, it largely boiled down to him surviving and being inside of "alleged" territory. Look at how much people hate the SWP for handing out fliers and signs, people legitimately think that there are tens of thousands of SWP members when a few of them turn up to supply signs.

classic

this is actually an argument i hear

TECHNICALLY-

The idea that all minorities are somehow equal is one part of liberalism that I will be glad to jettison once the revolution comes.

you aren't a real tankie if you don't believe in equality for all proletariat regardless of where they come from

I mean minority in the abstract sense. As in a group that is smaller than the whole. What I am saying is that the "minority of the opulent" should not be treated "fairly" or given opportunities to resist revolutionary change or even fucking reform.

I actually have a liberal friend like that whenever I try to discuss things like living for your own self interest and he just compares me to the joker.

Whats the context? Why is there no hope for America(in his opinion)?

Sargon got a point tbh

No he doesn't because moving to another nation is expensive and there's no point anyways because Matt's entire point is they don't give a fuck about the third world and whether they live or die, and they're proving it utterly.

Not really, it's just more proof that the "lefties can't take a joke" crowd are retarded autists who take everything literally. It would be like someone flippantly saying "fuck with the way we treat prisoners in this country they deserve to break out and kill us" and going "oh yeah? well why don't you move to prison if it's so great!?"

underrated

Damn what a non-sequitur.

His point is about the pervasive belief that a huge chunk of humanity doesn't deserve life because of the nation they were born in, whether or not they were impovershed, or what they're status in life is.

"It's their fault their poor" "It's their fault they lived in Iran" "It's their fault their unemployed"

yada yada fucking yada. These people should hold a mirror to themselves, and see all of the responsibility they've done better, silver spoon bastards

No, he's definitely got a point.

You can work min wage job and move to Thailand or Vietnam and live a comfortable lives.

I know, my families do just that.

I don't get that from the conversation.

No most definitely does not have a point.

He went onto that before he made the tweet, context.

And honestly if anyone should be shipped out to the third world to get a glimpse outside his fucking UK shield it's Sargon. He needs to realize just how good his baby looking ass has it

Honestly dude I don't even care at this point. Can someone here please fucking just shoot Sargon?

I want to see all of them cry about a leftist shooting of Sargon of Akkad that would just absolutely butter my biscuit because none of these people are British enough to come across as fucking eloquent other than Milo and PJW.

And they're hardly fucking Sargon

We have two down, one to go.

What are we waiting for, we just have to fucking ice Sargon, and they wouldn't be able to organize themselves to be this fucking annoying. Who would dog whistle them? Fucking Stefan Molyneux? Call him a cultist and move on.

Sargon represents the annoying banality of evil in that he shills for the fucking neoliberal bullshit that's killing us and making all these chuds follow him off the cliff like limmings, and he has to be either destroyed or bent so utterly hard he can never socially recover

That's the exact opposite of the point Sargon is trying to make

But Sargon likes the 1st world.

I think it's the dude who hates the 1st world who should go join the 3rd world.

The point of Sargon is that if you hate people in the 1st world so much, maybe you should move to the 3rd world?

And I agree with that.

If you hate the 1st world, why live there? Living in the 1st world is super expensive.

Did you not read what I just said? Reread what I just said.

God what is your naive little liberal ass even doing here

…so Sargon should be shipped to the 3rd world because he likes it in the 1st world?

Is this some kind of punishment?

I'm a leftist who travels a lot.

I don't see your point.

You definitely can move to the 3rd world if you hate the 1st world so much.

Sargon should be shipped somewhere other than the UK for once in his bloody life to appreciate the topics he constantly speaks about on the ever continuing march of neoliberal hegemony he keeps defending.

He should see the price.

Exactly because he "loves" the first world. Yes

And this "point" is fucking retarded and misses the point of what Matt was saying anyway.

You're a fucking European who's never been in the states. Or someone who's been in the states for so long he can't see shit from shinola

Well that's obvious

Under rated idea

I don't understand.
So he loves and defends the 1st world, so this is his sin, and he deserves to be shipped to the 3rd world?

How is it retarded? Why spend time in the 1st world when you love the 3rd worlders so much?

I travel to south east asia a lot actually.

Actually enjoy there because everything is cheap.

This is about the ninth time I've heard this bullshit on this board I'm just going to assume you're lying about this.

We know

Yes.

It's retarded because "I hate the 1st world and love 3rd worlders so much" isn't a reasonable summary of the original message. Only Sargon or someone as dumb as Sargon would think so

beat this

Libs hate rachel though

matts just mad at his family
probably causes hes drunk

Would Holla Forums prefer them to be feudal serfs instead then? I thought that Marxism was supposed to be about creation of the working class and not reactionary throwbacks of creating peasantry.

Nope. Marxism is about the abolition of class. Nice try tho.

Dumbledore was a fatalist.
If you plan on rereading the series, you will notice it with every interaction with Harry. It always carries a sad atmosphere. It's because he knew. All he did with Harry was to prepare him for that one moment. The moment when 6 Horocrux were destroyed Harry was supposed to die. He saw no other alternatives. And didn't even attempt to think about other alternatives.
Add to the fact that Dumbledore, the fatalist that he is, would of course believe any prophecies that are flung in his ways. And even if they are bollocks, Dumbledore is the kind of person who arranges everything and force them to come true regardless, turning it into a self-fulfilling one.
No, Dumbledore is no Jezzah and this is a good thing. Sure Rowling and her rabid fans who can only understand politics through pop cultural references make him into a Wizard Jesus. Maybe because Rowling is a hard-nosed fatalist herself, as is every Blairist.

Now the question is, did Voldemort (and therefore Harry) actually had to die? Was there seriously no other way?
What if Voldemort did what he did in that one pretentious fan-fiction and made one of the Pioneer satellites a Horocrux? Game over feggits, Magic Hitler rules eternal?
So there is a spell that is used inflationary. What if it used against Voldemort? What if you make Voldemort forget he is Voldemort. And since Voldemort is special, but there is a guy who min-maxed it. Granted that guy is a joke character designed after a guy Rowling can't stand, but she accidentally created a guy, who had realistic chances in beating Voldemort. Give him a redemption arc and then give him one shot, one opportunity to seize everything every good guy in that book ever wanted in one moment. Enhance it with Felix Felicis, because Voldemort is that special and let him snipe him. 360 no scope that fucker.
A far better ending than that "Voldemort gets to die while Harry magically survives because of a whimsy hidden game mechanic"