MEMRI thread

MEMRI thread

All I have.

memri = manganese enhanced magnetic resonance imaging?

Middle Eastern Memes Relayed on Internet

I wonder how many of these are real

Please tell me this is real

memritv.org is an Israeli funded program so that should tell you all you need to know. They twist the words and meanings to such a degree that while it could be technically correct for some of the subs it would be interpreted by any native speaker much differently.

witnessed.

It's honestly hard to tell, they became popular just because of how absurd the originals were.

I was in a Lebanese Hookah Bar in Ottawa once, with Memri playing on the tv. It was basically this kind of crazy shit.

what's with these people and shoes

Shoes are a sign of huge disrespect in the Arabic world.
Since they don't pave their roads and they are all sandy (and in case of cities full of garbage stains), used shoes tend to be dirty.
Beating someone or throwing stuff at them is a sign of huge disrespect already. Doing so with a shoe, is just adding insult to injury.
This is what an Iraqi journalist did with Bush. It's a shame that he wasn't hit.

Region specific insult.

Throwing a shoe is apparently a major insult in Arab culture.

.>>1814307

i gotta say he dodges pretty well though

It is speculated that if Bush had been hit, we would live in full communism right now.

Still a shame.
That man would be the first martyr who's alive in the Arabic world. Double so, if he manage to hit him twice.

You need to remember jihad can be loosely translated as righteous struggle.

Like a crusade against crime isn't necessarily a Christian affair.

yeah what this guy said
You can basically translate this to a muslim lolbert meme. "How do you think spongebob got his house? By working for it of course"

I've been to a bunch of big MENA cities and their roads are all paved. Also not sure what paved has to do with cleanliness (do you walk around barefoot in NYC?)

MEMRI has a surprising number of clips highlighting the moreā€¦"reasonable" elements of MENA on their channel as well.

Memri is israeli think tank that picks up craziness on arab tv

Still the most reasonable and informative television station when compared to crap like CNN, MSNBC, and Fox """News"""

yes

Tankfags will enjoy these ones

Is MemriTV /ourguys/?

that watermelon seller

farfour is incredible, there were videos on youtube back in the day that blew my mind.

underrated af

Is that the 'absolute haram' guy?

what's the deal with Erdogan and watermelons?

Ayyyyy.

He used to sell watermelons, I guess.
I suppose it's a way of saying how insignificant he is, as an insult.

Check'd

Based Comrade

bumping this magnificent collection of pics

This is one of these caps that I would like to know the nationality and sect of the speaker.

That's an edit, sadly.

Nigga we live in a Christian society. Our our very existence is Israeli psyops.

just a reminder not to see the world 1 sidedly: arabs are very mixed politically.

some are leftists/communists and some are right wing anti-communists.

just because someone is a muslim doesn't mean they all think exactly alike and want the same politics. i have a cousin who prays 5 times a day but is a marxist communist who is in the pflp