Cleanliness is a Spook

I am sick and tired of people telling me I smell bad, I don't fucking smell bad, I smell normal. It is them who smell bad, they have just been brainwashed into thinking their bad smell is good.

Being hygienic to the point of avoiding diseases is all that is necessary, anything more than that is a capitalist spook. We as a species were completely fine for thousands of years without the cosmetics industry , we got along with each other fine and no one cared about how other people smelled, providing they didn't completely shit themselves and even then, they probably didn't care. What do we have no though? Now we have a fucking arms race of trying to outperform each other in smelling like the most capitalistic pig. If the current best smelling combination of soap/shampoo/deodorant were to be made free and easily accessible, you know what would happen? It would be seen as worthless, people would want to smell different, they don't even know what kind of smell they want, they just want what sounds good and what other people don't have. This does nothing but create an artificial social hierarchy of "cleanliness" that does absolutely nothing to the benefit of anyone, but the people who sell the products. You may say "It benefits other people as other people don't have to put up with your body odor and instead get better smells instead", well fuck you. You wouldn't even fucking know that you were putting up with body odor if you didn't realize that there was an alternative, you would be absolutely fine putting up with body odor, hell you would probably learn to enjoy certain peoples body odors.

There is also more to this than just odor, people who drench themselves in antibacterial substances all the time are doing nothing but weakening their immune system, give a few more generations of this and you will have children fucking dying because they forgot to wash their hands and there was a tiny bit of dirt on their fingers, dirt that contains some basic fucking bacteria that their gene-line hadn't experienced in hundreds of years or something stupid, they will be allergic to fucking dirt. BUT IT'S OKAY, there's medicine to help them, now they are dependent on the pharmaceutic industry just so they can get by in life without dying due to breathing in dust.

This is all so fucking stupid, why the fuck do people buy into this crap, waste shitloads of their money on worthless garbage and then make me out to be the bad guy for not playing the same retarded game that they play. Fuck them.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2542893/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Smells aren't a spook, my dude. Try harder Holla Forums.

Of course smells aren't a spook you fucking retard. I'm saying that our concept of cleanliness is a spook. It's an entirely made up concept that allows us to compete against each other for no-ones benefit other than the corporations who sell the garbage.

Anprims such as yourself will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes. We don't need people stinking like shit in a truly communist society.

Jackson Bentley: What is it, Major Lawrence, that attracts you personally to the desert?
T.E. Lawrence: It's clean.

this is totally true actually. consider the lilies. they don't use soap, but God makes them smell really nice.

You mean beauty standards are spooks. Being clean is not a spook.

lol

Using water to scrub the shit off of you that accumulates over the average work day isn't a marketing scam. Most mammals do bathe themselves. Soap just makes it easier to remove stuff and is not needed.

Tbh I'd rather smell B.O. than the perfumes and cologne most people use.

That is what I meant, I guess I didn't make it clear, but I am talking about how society decides what is and isn't "clean" when it comes to people. We have reached a stage where actually putting stuff onto you is somehow more clean than not having anything on you, that makes absolutely no sense.

Of course, cleaning is natural and fine. My issue is when it is becoming standard to overdo it and then to apply a bunch of substances to you, to make it so you no longer smell like yourself and instead smell like the contaminant you have drenched yourself in. That is not clean, that is the opposite of clean.

There is a girl in one of my classes who always wears this repugnant perfume, you can smell her from across the room, it is fucking disgusting. I have been putting up with the smell of her perfume all fucking year and never bothered her about it, I just kept to myself and did my fucking work. Today she had the fucking audacity to make a comment about how much I smell when she was standing behind me in line at the cafe. Complete fucking cunt, she is what drove me to writing this fucking post. I'm amazed that she can even smell other people, or anything at all over the smell of her perfume, it overpowers fucking everything around her, the only way I could picture her nasal receptors to become normalized to that smell is by becoming completely burnt out to the point that they don't even work anymore. I assumed she couldn't smell very well at all and that is why she used so much perfume. But now I don't know what to think, other than how much of a cunt she is.

Historically health has gotten better as people have bathed more. Whatever though, dude. Enjoy the dysentery

Smelly get off my board

lol is this kopipe?

When the fuck did this thread happen. Jesus Christ! LMAO.

your mum fucked cleanliness? entertaining saga dude I especially read the really longwinded part where you made effort

BO is a cute girl though, I bet she smells nice :3

Ahahaha is this thread for fucking real

t. OP

Go back to Holla Forums.

If she's using a nasty ass perfume then who gives a fuck what she thinks. Get over it, my dude. You'll have a big laugh about this in ten years.

I don't give a fuck about what she specifically thinks, I didn't even get that angry at first, I just pretended I didn't hear her and carried on with getting my meal. I only started getting mad when I was thinking about what she said later, the issue is that what she thinks is how our entire society thinks. Almost everyone else thinks just like her, they are entirely brainwashed by marketing tricks from the early 20th century. It's been about 100 years now and this bullshit has been completely normalized into our culture. Pretty much everyone buys deodorants, some people wash their hair every fucking night and actually follow the "rinse, wash repeat" instructions on the bottle. None of these things are needed, except even people who are aware that they aren't needed still have to buy them just to be on an equal playing ground with everyone else, otherwise they are mocked and isolated.

Yeah, it is pretty irritating how society is. We're all in this capitalist shitstorm as of the moment. We just have to bear with it and hope for the revolution.

While you are right about everything you said, I have a feeling you have genuinely poor hygiene on an objective level. I shower every other day, only using soap and water and that's the extent of my hygiene, and no one has ever said or implied I smelled bad, nor do I ever ever notice myself smelling anyway at all, except when I'm wearing sweaty clothes.
Although I doubt that really was the reason why, it still goes to show your point of how fucking spooked people are. It's an incredibly effective marketing tactic: no one wants to think they smell bad or that other people will think they're gross.

ummmmm

Fantastic contribution, r/T_D

I used to shower every other day, but I then developed annoying fungal infections in different parts of my body (I apparently sweat a lot). That really spooked me into showering every day. Fungal infection ain't nuthin' to fuck wit. Take it from me. It depends on how much you sweat though. My mom takes a shower every other day, but she doesn't sweat a lot. Most women don't sweat as much as men.

I shower about once a week, exercise regularly, and none of the people I know that would say so have ever intimated that I smell bad. I have good hygiene. Just use some deodorant, it's not rocket science. There is literally no reason for some people to be wasting so much fucking water every single day.

Although I have been told before that maybe it helps that I live in such a dry environment. Maybe there's something to that T.E. Lawrence quote.

It might be that (dry environment) and you probably don't sweat as much.

How medieval aristocratic of you.

Sorry, OP, but your shitpost was already made by crimethinc years ago. And they were serious.

If you have the gene for dry earwax, your old sweat doesn't reek nearly as much as with people who have soft earwax.

I like this and I don't know why.

Take a shower you fat fuck

I think he has a point that a thousand and one beauty products can not be accurately called a part of bathing.

Look bud, I think he only way to absolve yourself is to accurately describe your hygiene. What do you do exactly? Shower everyday, shampoo, etc…. You are right on most accounts, but you genuinely sound like you are a dirty bastard.

Dude get a fucking shower. And perhaps change your diet. (People eating sugary diets and fat people generally smell worse)

Except they did.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2542893/
People that smell disgusting might just be carriers of disease. Ever noticed how ill people tend to smell?

OP might be a smelly nerd (after all, he's browsing this site), but the replies on this thread are proof that he's 100% right.

I shower every day, but I prefer someone who smells like human to all the bullshit marketing tries to pass as "clean and healty" these days. I actually feel sick with strong alcohol based deodorants, to the point of headaches and nausea.
Regular shower (maybe not daily, depends on the heat) and soap are good. Smelling like spring or thunder (whatever that shit means) is not.

Just take a shower my man

It's so fucking hot outside no matter what I do I'm swimming in sweat when I arrive at my workplace. This shit is unbearable.

I use shower once a week, fug industry.