GA-06 Congressional Special Election Today

The most expensive House race in history. The Dems have spent tens of millions trying to flip this district–all for a Republican-lite who won't even back single payer healthcare.
I'm going to laugh my ass off when Ossof loses.

archive.is/0jsKi

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/876946699662614528
twitter.com/nadaytu/status/854898196652359680/video/1
nytimes.com/elections/results/south-carolina-house-special-election
youtu.be/F6zAyPRbels
nytimes.com/2017/06/21/us/pelosi-georgia-ossoff-democrats.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news
nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-democratic-party-doesn-unpopular-article-1.2993659
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

read this entire twitter thread for on-the-ground reporting:
twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/876946699662614528

There's too much pressure on this.

People seem desperate rather than hopeful. That's not good.

Hey folks, it's your pal in the 6th district. Goin' polling soon.

Almost makes me wish I talked politics with random people out here.
Almost.

Isn't Ossoff some neoliberal hedge fund manager?

He just looks slimy. Kind of like a pedophile, tbh.

Uh, no.
He runs a watchdog group and produced a documentary on daesh. He mostly investigates corruption. He's not really a leftist, but he's not a hedge fund manager afaik.

Still better than Handel.

same

The Dems seriously spent millions on Ossof while not giving any support to Rob Quist.
I honestly hope Trump gets impeached because he's to good for what America deserves.

I am angered.

That's because Ossof is the kind of candidate they want: a centrist.

People don't believe they can make a change, which is understandable after the clusterfuck of 2016.

But that's the thing. What evidence do they have that voting will change anything? Perhaps they should be given something to vote for

This is true, but Ossoff and Handel at least still apparently differ on whether or not the minimum wage should be "livable."

Drawing anime while you work is pretty cool but otherwise I agree

These are the people we need to reach but they're wilfully ignorant. It's tough.

District 6-fag here again - since when does leftypol actually have a horse in this race?

What attempts have been made to reach these particular people by anyone here, myself included? And what course of action could we recommend them?

We could always do the the tried and true method of speeches and pamphlets. These parties with barely any members aren't cutting it. The air is filled with political unrest, we need to seize it and bring class consciousness to every farmer, engineer, and anime-drawing fast-food worker that is fed up with the American system. And to do that, we have to start where people like Lenin did. By trying to find those disaffected in our local communities, not online. If we search online will find people, but they'll be so spread out that it won't matter.

I don't think they're "willfully ignorant" they're just checked out, like most working poor.

Back from the polls -

On the way in:

Poll worker asks a guy if he needs help filling out the form. Guy says no, he's from CNBC.

In:

Elderly gentleman is having discussion with pollworkers. "I don't know who Jon Ossoff is, all I know is he keeps calling me - and so does Karen Handel. They're wasting a lot of money if I can't vote in this."

It sounded funnier when he said it. Turned out he was from the 5th, not the 6th.

Voted, walked home. Sticker on my front door addressed to me by name telling me to vote and saying "while who you vote for is private, when you vote is public record" etc, and it's a study by Progress-something-or-other.

that's creepy as hell

Yuppers.

Now it's raining so hard that it's flooding.

God does not approve of Democracy.

is this a false-flag by the GOP? honestly what the fuck

Fat load that did in 2016.

Reading the pamphlet, it looks like they're trying to find the percentage of Democrats who didn't vote in this election. If you didn't vote, you'll be a % or something. They could've worded it better.

Fair, but on a local level there's not an EC to deal with and actually having more votes could count.

I get what you meant, though. And yeah, they're probably going to lose this.

what do the latest polls say

The Democratic party is a GOP false flag

are dems really this out-of-touch? is this another thing where we're horrified at how Orwellian it seems but the boomers don't bat an eye and at most parrot some Cold War psyop argument at those that do?

I hate this centrist party stooge

For the most part, yes.

Personally, I'm holding out some hope that the younger people who held a similar bizarre stubborn complacency about the Orwellian stuff during Obama's reign will realize the error of their ways now that the country is run by a transparently megalomaniacal buffoon.

Ossoff has a 2% lead.

I wish I could just be happy that the Dems will lose badly and get BTFO but I'm personally not ready to get fucked by the AHCA

same m8
but he wouldn't be a deciding vote no matter what

Handel won lads. What did you expect, typical for burgers to vote against their own interests.

I'm working poor but it doesn't cost anything to think for yourself and be educated on the internet. I think we can be too soft on 'the workers' sometimes, leftists have tried every conceivable method of gaining peoples attention over the years but ultimately all we can do is meet people halfway

Yeah but the argument is that an early loss scares the repubs into pulling back on their healthcare assault. Basically I'm conflicted since I don't want the repubs to see their program as popular and vindicated but I also don't want smug dem dipshits to think we're cool with a bunch of Macron clones

Basically burger politics make make want to (oss)off myself

Not quite yet but #s certainly don't look good. Prepare for more neolib meltdowns

The Republicans are dead set to fuck America, loss or not. Nothing will stop them.

BASED.

this post 100%

also, Ossoff isn't doing so hot in the returns right now

Lmao. Can't wait for the liberal tears.

Statecraft is bullshit and doesn't empower anyone. Real politics is mostly dead in america

Definitely /ourguys/

They will somehow find a way to blame the actual left for this.

They tried to spin corbyns victory in Britain as a "referendum on trump", not because of corbyns policies Lel.

I have heard almost nothing about the SC race until today.

He hasn't lost yet. They started counting at 7:30. Only 6% of the votes are in.

just joking friend

It doesn't look so hot for Archie.

Wait is he a berniecrat? Why have I not heard anything about this shit?

because he's a berniecrat?

oh well, if he loses it's probably better it wasn't so widely hyped.

twitter.com/nadaytu/status/854898196652359680/video/1

Aww yeah that's that good #resistance

Dude supporting white supremacy is woke af. White folks needs to stop with their purity tests.

Where can I find these results?

nytimes.com/elections/results/south-carolina-house-special-election

Deep blue York County precincts haven't came in yet.

Pretty sure he's actually overperforming while ossoff is currently under

NOW that's some spicy resistance

99% reporting, it's ogre.

youtu.be/F6zAyPRbels

need to purge the Ossofs and get more guys like this in politics

there's something so enjoyable about watching dems lose.

I love watching this corporate cuck get btfo

I'm ok with this

this is a prime liberal saltmining opportunity

I'm getting pummeled on predictit tonight.

sorry lad

It's only 40 bucks lol not too worried. If the election is between 2-3% i'll make all my money back so its all good.

Being a burger is like Groundhog Day if everyone in Punxsutawney had four extra chromosomes. Nuke my gay ass national into oblivion.

I love it when dems lose an election in the south. All of a sudden liberals like to "remind" us that we are all cousin fucking, toothless, soggyknee hillbillies.
so much for the tolerant dems.

Meanwhile actual leftist candidates in other special elections overperformed in deep red states and only lost because the Dems barely gave them any fucking funding. It's so infuriating to be a burger.

COMMISAR IRONSTACHE 2020

Because that's going to get their vote. Stay on the same centrist, anti-worker platform that's clearly not fucking working, but this time call the voter base racist, toothless sibling fuckers.

I'm not really even that upset over this election, but this is just a nice reminder that the Democrats would rather lose again and again than to stop sucking Porky's shlong for a few seconds.

I cannot wait for the debates with this guy.

No, they ran a fucking Republican.

This is how the Democrats keep losing state races: They run a conservative candidate against a conservative candidate. It's like they think voters are too stupid to realize they're being sold GOP knockoffs.

scratch that, fuck georgia, took my 40 bucks

My nig, I totally agree with you. But that's why I'm on Holla Forums in the first place.

What's worse, liberals whining that the Democrats need to go to the center to win elections or Maga Chuds gloating about barely winning a district in a deep red state.

both are completely unbearable. Nobody ever understands spending a billion dollars doesn't matter if your ideas are weak af.

I'll allow it.

Running against Weird Dave Yankovich in the primaries who literally used to work for republicans and admitted to being a carpetbagger.

Guess who the dems are gonna throw their weight behind lul

On leddit, a post from /r/neoliberal praising Ossoff got to the top of /r/all. After they a bunch of people came into the comments telling them how shit their candidate was, the mods flaired the post as "GET YOUR SALT HERE". Then their shit candidate lost, and theychanged the flair to a joke about Bernie because suddenly the salt was theirs.

Ossoff wasn't really Republican-tier imo.

Democrats Seethe After Georgia Loss: ‘Our Brand Is Worse Than Trump’

nytimes.com/2017/06/21/us/pelosi-georgia-ossoff-democrats.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=photo-spot-region®ion=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Tbh not true.

At least not yet.

Pouring that much money into this was stupid as fuck, though. Most of us here didn't expect them to win, so it seems like they could maybe have taken note of that.

So you would vote for Pelosi?

No, their brand is total garbage. The only thing that can save the united states is the death of the democratic party and having it be replaced with a true left party.

If the choice were between her and Trump, probably.

She was a fixture of the Republican attack ads, tho. But most of those were stupid as shit. They easily spent as much time just attacking California and Iran as they did Pelosi.

Still better than Trump at this point.

Deal with it you fucking faggot.

Not according to huge parts of the electorate.
nydailynews.com/news/politics/king-democratic-party-doesn-unpopular-article-1.2993659

This article was written 3 months ago, and it seems some people still don't want to admit it.

I wish I could murder anyone posting there.

I'll let this slide.

What other polls have come out, and do you think that this is reflective of how people vote?

I don't really think it is. The Democrats are for very good reasons hated by people who still ended up voting Clinton last year because they hated her slightly less than they hated Trump. This is the state of American politics right now.

That said, it's not the reason Democrats lost in my district. And in the country over all, the Democratic voter base appears to be much larger than the Republican one - Republicans had less votes in both the 2016 legislative and executive races, but won in both anyway on 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧technicalities.🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧