If marxism is a science, why isn't it taught in STEM courses? Checkmate

If marxism is a science, why isn't it taught in STEM courses? Checkmate.

0/10 troll attempt

STEM
Stalinism
Trotskyism
Export of Revolution
Marxism
Do you even try?

Why does calling Marxism a science make people (Anarchists) so mad? What other word would you use?

The opposite would be Utopianism and Moralism which Marx dismantled for ever.

Because you dont know german and therefore you dont know what marx means by saying "Wissenschaftlich".

It means using the scientific method, making hypothesis, collecting data and seeings if they line up. It doesnt mean "hard science". Even today certain subsets of bourgoies economics is called "Wissenschaftlich".

I was trying to turn a bait thread into a normal by asking anarchists why they think Marxism isn't a science

but yes carry on haha bait lol memes

This made me laugh, thanks user.

Science has changed a lot since Marx's time. Calling it a science according to his time's definition is accurate, but not by the current definition. Marxism doesn't have the proper experimental methods or peer review necessary for modern institutional science. A more definitionally accurate way to describe it is rational skepticism or maybe science-like.

damage control won't stop u from being baited :^)

I don't think any economics is really science.
Then again, I'd also venture that modern psychology and psychiatry are not entirely fit to be called "science" since psychoanalysis is generally considered a pseudoscience today. What Freud did was a lot more critical in my eyes than the "book o' pills" approach.

a political philosophy and fringe school of economic theory. it has nothing to do with the natural sciences like physics, genomics, chemistry, biology etc. It has absolutely no relationship with those fields and since it makes no testable predictions and is a priori assumed to be true it is closer to Theology than philosophy or science. Basically please never refer to it as a science

marxism has nothing to do with skepticism derived from rational deductions about truth and being. One can be a rational skeptic and also be a capitalist or a theist or a racist. Marxism is a political/economic theory, that's it. Stop trying to associate it with "smart big brain, atheism rational science rulez" it has nothing to do with rationalism (other than being an untestable series of assumptions) and skepticism (other than being skeptical of Bourgieoisie history).

It is. Economics departments unironically have "Intro to marxist economics," "marxist econ II, III" etc. Not just in hippy schools, either. If you losers weren't NEETS in mommy's basements you would know this.

economics isn't a science and has no relationship with science. It doesn't make testable predictions about the natural world nor describe mechanical natural systems. It is augury and stats mixed together with sociology and psychology and a lot of political rhetoric. Marxism is thus a "social science" and thus not a science and should not be called a science. Economics is economics, Science is Science. They are not the same. Economists are not scientists.

Marxism is not a science; it's a social critique.

Neither are "technology" or "engineering," you homo. STEM isn't just science, it's a general name for most BS degrees

because you play with yourself

I wasn't talking about STEM faggot I was talking about Science and Mathematics, Engineering and Technology are more scientific and require more of a background in the sciences than being a fucking faggot sniveling economics major teacher's pet bitch. Fuck economics majors

So Marxism doesn't make predictions?