Can the PRC be retaken from capitalists and revisionists?

Can the PRC be retaken from capitalists and revisionists?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maoist_Communist_Party_of_China
chuangcn.org/journal/one/sorghum-and-steel/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Only by forcing millions to starve, comrade!

Potentially, there is a quiet Maoist uprising happening in China. Apparently they would win an election if one was called.

they know what they're doing. They're heading for communism the way it was meant to.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maoist_Communist_Party_of_China

this is happening in China

i think that information is just a bluff, a majority of chinese are in favor of liberalism and westernization, most could care less about Mao Tse Tung or the old glory of the CPC

As if Maoism was ever worth saving.

There is no polling done, it's from the security services monitoring internal Chinese internet chatter. Mao is popular.

a cunning strategem that has left me completely under the impression they are a Dickensian shithole

can i have a link to that? almost every single native chinese i've talked to despise the CPC and have no concern for Mao as far as politics goes, he might remain popular as a past leader but most people dont care about his communist ideas or anti-revisionism. the chinese population sees that their living conditions are improving, and like everyone else in the world thats all they could care about

No source, some guy living in the PRC posted a load of shit a while back. I would sooner have the PRC than a neolib China tbqh.

Meh even if maoism isn't in the majority there's probably enough people among young folks and people in minor citites/on the countryside for it to have a significant effect on the state.

I mean they're 1 billion people and if a couple of million start acting up there'd be serious consequences.

right now PRC is a neolib China lol

actually most of people who have a positive image of Mao are people of lower education and are 50 years old+. young people are especially pro-liberal and pro-West

Regardless, many experts believe that a neo-Maoist would win a general election in China if one was held

How do you guys explain the economic success of China after Deng's reforms? Obviously living standards improved greatly during Mao's time, and Dengist market reforms might not have been possible if not for Mao but it still seems that the return to capitalism has been very good for the chinese people.

What would you say to someone who views China as undeniable evidence that market reforms and neo-liberalism is the best thing for everyone?

source?

Definitely not. The "capitalist miracle" is already stopping in china and millions are losing the ability to sustain themselves, being forced to move back to their families in the countryside. On top of that, a small fraction of Chinese society has become ridiculously rich and is abusing that power, denying other chinese the opportunity to improve their lives as capitalism always does.

What success? How China became a large economy at the expense of working conditions, incomes, living standards, and privatization? I would not call that a success.

Their industrial base is highly developed but that's about the only good thing. It might look good if you're only looking at the global 20% where all the wealth of development has gone, but that ignores the massive 'externalities' of pollution and unsustainable growth, and the large majority of the population which still lives in toil and poverty.

the PRC is in the process of training a vast new proletariat of ex-peasants migrating into urban centres (see Cap Vol I primitive accumulation) concentrated in cities like Shenzhen and Guangdong who are faced with 'hukou' restrictions on access to services and whether in cities or in their villages v often have an incredibly negative experience w/ party cadres stemming even from 1949 onwards. they are in process of building proletarian class consciousness in a situation where electing worker representatives and collective bargaining still needs to be fought for strongly.
there is also of course the existing proletariat centered in the northeast who face the collapse of SOEs, unpaid pensions among the retired generation and high unemployment among the young. it is this section of the proletariat most likely to look to Mao as a totem, with either real nostalgia for those old enough to remember, or imagined nostalgia for those who are not.
both sections are increasingly restive but protest and resistance, with a few hopeful exceptions, has generally been cellular, i.e.disunited. there is huge government paranoia (justified) about the threat that organised worker resistance poses.
this is to say nothing of the proletariat being trained by chinese in africa.
so short answer, yes it can. the chinese proletariat can still save the world revolution.

it is difficult to judge attitudes to Mao because most of the loudest speakers both chinese and non-chinese are virulently anti-mao. mao's popularity, w/ a few notable exceptions, is with the voiceless ('of lower education'). the voiceless are difficult to hear, especially if u live far away from them. but even then is not isolated to those of lower education. have had many conversations with ex-red guard and young red guard who have v fond memories and still remember songs by heart.
young people in china have incredibly complex and contradictory ideas of liberalism, communism, the West, their nation's history, its future. it is not good enough to say they are pro-this or anti-that.

yes. in fact one of the best sources on China today is Engels Condition of the Working Class in England. not being sarcastic.

I thought China was the most successful "communist" country around.

Wew lad

I wouldn't call China's model neoliberal. Something like a third of the economy is state owned and there is actually a pretty robust social safety net. China is more an example of the potential of a directed economy. It's model is reminiscent of some of the upstart powers in the late 19th century like Germany or Japan. They used heavy state direction in the economy to help speed their growth to catch up with more established capitalist powers. This seems to be exactly what modern China is doing.

Nationalism is on the rise massively in India/China, and Islamo-nationalism in SE Asia (Philippines, Indonesia)

Plus leftism is dying in Latin America

Not everything is good comrade

It might have slowed down because the US bourgeoisie has been heavily invested in stopping it, but it's not unrecoverable. All those years of US interventionism in Latin America can't be papered over that easily.

lol
chuangcn.org/journal/one/sorghum-and-steel/