Why haven´t you read "The society of the spectacle" yet leftypol??

Why haven´t you read "The society of the spectacle" yet leftypol??
I read it because a comrade here recommended it some time ago. It´s probably the best analysis of todays society I have ever red.
But be careful it is certainely the final Redpill.
We should create a Based Debord gang

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/01tRfPOl89A?t=2
youtube.com/watch?v=r2YeJpkrTOQ
monoculartimes.co.uk/avantgardening/debordondrinking.shtml
theanarchistlibrary.org/library/guy-debord-the-society-of-the-spectacle
b-ok.org/book/862537/add33c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I have.
You know there's other situationists too.

Here's a documentary sort of deal.
youtu.be/01tRfPOl89A?t=2

i don't want to become a depressed alchololic

A narration and a "movie" of the book.
youtube.com/watch?v=r2YeJpkrTOQ

Situationist International thread on /freedu/: >>>/freedu/1156

You're not asking the questions that matter OP.

The real question is: how much is leftypol the spectacle?

Holla Forums is part of the spectacle in the measure it inhibits immediate communisation by Red Guard flashmob cadres

It was my intro to the left. A strong into it was

DIFFUSE IMAGES

RABID INSULTS

MEDIATED AND ANONYMOUS COMMUNICATION

the spectacle is leftypol

the real question is why you haven't read beyond SotS like Agamben OP

monoculartimes.co.uk/avantgardening/debordondrinking.shtml

Thanks.

I have it sitting in my book cabinet. I just haven't worked up the motivation to read it yet, since I'm looking for a job and playing video games instead.

Also, yes, I am aware of the irony.

OC here. Don't know if anyone pointed this out yet, but it struck me as a great example of Debord being vindicated.

Chans are the epitome of the spectacle.

Leftypol is the detournement.

That's why pol always says our memes are shit. We are the antithesis.

/r/ing the image of Debord leaning against a rail and there's a minecraft scene in the background lel

Chained to the Rhythm is actually about the spectacle, so it was a conscious choice and not just a vapid reference. Interesting lyrics but shitty to listen to.

Don't post this thread without giving a pdf

Here comrade

It's actually on anarchist library so you can download it in various formats, including epub: theanarchistlibrary.org/library/guy-debord-the-society-of-the-spectacle

I made it to about page 50 and gave up. I'll get around to it sometime.
I'm reading pic related that i found in my school's library which is keeping my attention longer probably because it's written more tolerably.

it's pretty cool to see the checkout slip on the back dates back to the 70's.

Extremely relevant book along with Deleuze and Guattari's Anti-Oedipus/A Thousand Plateaus, as well as Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulation. Good to see an uptick in interest here.

This book from the USSR was posted on /marx/ a few days ago, and so far it is basic but refreshing.

b-ok.org/book/862537/add33c

Did anyone else have trouble understanding it? I'm only on like the 5th statement or so and I just have no idea what it's even talking about. Is there any companion guide? There must be something, because it looks really interesting but I think I'm retarded.

What do you talk of exactly?

The first PDF in >>>/freedu/1160 will help a bit. You should struggle through the whole thing first though, read that, and then read it again.

Understanding the LTV and Lukács' concept of reification also help.

Because situationism is a dead ideology that nobody follows.

I'm 25 pages and he still hasn't adequately defined what he means by the "the spectacle", but he sure loves purple-prose analogies.

Situationism is not an ideology you illiterate leninist

What
Is
It
Then
?

Revolutionary theory.

Revolutionary theory is now the enemy of all revolutionary ideology, and it knows it.

Or maybe you're not intelligent enough to make an amusing image macro

Crazy right

Why does this place have to be filled with so many pretentious pseudo-intellectuals