Whaddyal think of centrism?

Whaddyal think of centrism?

Image not really related but it's the best I could do.

not picking a side is the same as siding with the status quo

I don't know what I expected to hear but I think this was it

A shitty "holier-than-thou" position.

sit on the fence get a sore arse

charts are retarded
chart threads are retarded
this thread is retarded

today I learned from Holla Forums that centrism = not picking a side and is a "holier-than-thou" position

You're damn right.

That's just a thing idiots say to try and make centrists pick a side..

Tbh I did pick a side, but not economically.
Centrist libertarianism FTW :^)

Centrists are as undialectical as dogmatists and reactionaries.

The most nuanced thing in political discussions are shitty comics that misrepresent people's ideas because it's easier that way

Be a fucking materialist like all of us.
Then go become a commie.

Gross, communism

Even I know that's bullshit

What does that even mean in practice?

More freedom. And also probably a mixed economy.

Mixed economy?

you are either for or against technocapital dictatorship, there is no middle ground. To do nothing is suicide.

90% of the time someone calls themself a "centrist" or "apolitical" they're actually very reactionary.

[citation needed]

t. radical centrist

The fact that the center 25 years ago was what is 'far left' now

[citation needed intensifies]

It's better to say you don't give a shit about politics(eg. because of some cynical reasons), people will be more understandable than when you say you're "centrist".

It's much more fun and interesting to be in the center and have everyone hate you for not choosing a side.

People hate centrists because they do no research or reading but act smart anyway. They dismiss radical politics as stupid without even listening to any arguments. They are smug, condescending cunts.

That's a nice stereotype you got there, friend.

If you're a centrist you believe everything is more or less fine, besides a few minor things we need to reform. That empirically false and you must be either ignorant or delusional to hold that belief.

Good thing that's not why I'm a centrist!

The biggest obstacle to ending oppression.
Think of the people in the 60s who didn't care either way about the civil rights movement. Engaging them and trying to help them get over their apathy was the real battle.