Do we need more Blanquists around?

Do we need more Blanquists around?

etc.

Sometimes it seems that one single spark and the whole thing could blow up. If people send urban centers into disorder, it might literally be enough to wipe the system. Now imagine if a series of secret societies were organized, connected with their local activists and community organizers, and ready to strike at the same time, occupy strategic buildings, and make a series of demands that have popular appeal.

Sure, it could just be an awkward experience leading to a few arrests, but if it mobilizes these young disillusioned people and send them to the streets, it can be an event. Occupy for example went global within days.

Maybe Marx was wrong and this whole lengthy class struggle shit is just overthinking.

Read The Invisible Committee

Why would you ever propose Blanquism when platformism can accomplish all of its goals and go beyond with its comfortably compact materialist analysis from Kropotkin, Makhno, and Malatesta?

What's the point of Blanquism when Leninism exists?

Any open leftwing group will automatically fall to COINTELPRO

You may aswell be a trot if your a Platformist

All effective anarchist shit nowadays is conjuction's of small affinity groups that cant be traced or understood by IA's

Popular movements are spectators that gawp from the backlines and take credit for our action afterward

Blanquism is Leninism without any of the boring pre-1917 shit.

It's like you're trying to give yourself a bad name.

this

Maybe there's a lot of blanquists around and you don't know it.

Just a friendly heads up: Kropotkin died before platformism was a thing, and Malatesta opposed it.

What should I do if I want to occupy my school or workplace and run it as a commune?

Yeah, because Weather Underground and the Red Army Faction are amazing models for future praxis, Blanquism is all the worst parts of Leninism with none of the redeeming parts, i.e. elitist paramilitary terrorist groups, but without any kind of attachment to a broader working class struggle and without any semblance of democracy or desire to act as a vehicle for the people's will. We already went through this in the 60's and 70's, too many college kids reading Mao's Little Red Book and not enough actually reading Marx.

I actually agree with everything you said but tbh these were terrorist groups in a time of prosperity. The point here is not to make terror attacks but to have an agreement that, as soon as a new major protest like Occupy happens, they'd be the ones storming the buildings and hoping people follow them. Turn those protests into an angry mob, and lead this mob to strategic locations. oh and be armed

Nah you can't do that. That would be stupid. What threat is an occupied school?

Not much, but what about a 1000 occupied schools?

May '68. I always wonder what they could have done differently to actually build something sustainable, oh well.

You say that, but they were also operating in a time with far more class consciousness, a time when labor wasn't 100% fucked and when Unions were still mostly functional, they were acting in a time when propaganda of the deed kind of made sense because revolution was in the air. Today they'd just be made to look like crazy lone wolf domestic terrorists. There's no way the media would openly talk about their political motivations or message and most workers today are so classcucked there's no way they'd see any connection between their seemingly random acts of violence and their own experiences as workers. Even in their own time, in the 60's and 70's, the groups I just named mostly just freaked people out, and a century earlier Russian Nihilists and Italian illegalists also just confused and baffled actual working class people, and any message they wished to transmit through their psychopathic behavior was definitely lost in translation.

That said I agree with your general sentiments that Leftists need to be more militant and also that the Left needs to reclaim it's gun culture, i.e. we need to start reconsidering what self-defence can look like. But I think groups like the Black Panthers, EZLN, and Redneck Revolt are a much better model then Blanquist terrorist cells. i.e. guns are a deterrent, once you start playing offensively you've already lost tbh. Honestly, Greece is probably the only country in the West right now where Blanquist tactics would make sense, if not full blown armed struggle.

Brazil last year proves it doesn't

Keep trying, Total War against Capital, let's do it fam