[Japan] Imprisoned Japanese Red Army founder Shigenobu holds out hope for revolution

>“The world is becoming more and more homogeneous,” she said. “You could say that the world is ripe for revolution, in material terms. As long as humanity continues to be denied, the global humanist revolution will surely take place in a future generation. I’ll toast to it in the afterlife.”

japantimes.co.jp/news/2017/06/08/national/imprisoned-japanese-red-army-founder-shigenobu-holds-hope-revolution/

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Japaneseism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The same red army chapter that did poison gas attacks on their own people and killed members of their own group because they werent hardcore enough?

that was united red army. they didnt get along with japanese red army. Japanese red army were the ones who went to the middle east to train.

nah the ones who died were dedicated communists who were willing to fight against the government and train to do so but because of some weird cult shit a bunch got killed for cultural revolution type shit

The Japanese left was based AF and needs to make a return in the face of the Abe government.

Are you sure you're not mistaking them for the Aum Shinrikyo new age cult responsible for the 1995 sarin attack on the Tokyo subway?

Shigenobu left the Red Army Faction when she moved to Lebanon. The Red Army Faction later merged with other groups to form the United Red Army, which was the one involved in the Asama-Sanso incident you're thinking of. She was apparently horrified when news of the killings broke out.

The Japanese Red Army under her leadership did commit terror attacks though, most notoriously the Lod Airport Massacre in Israel which left 21 innocent civilians dead and achieved absolutely nothing of value in the process.

um….

I dunno thats why im asking.

Well then I have some doubts trusting her tbh.

Woah, now that's what I call edgy!

Funfact: Only eight of the victims were actually Israelis, the death toll consists mostly of Puerto Rican Christian pilgrims.

And rightly so. Still, I think she's entirely sincere and I've always admired her steadfast adhesion to uncompromising internationalism. We need this more than ever today, an age in which protectionism seems to be the default position of so many self-described leftist movements.

;_;

the Japanese leftists were absolute madmen
for example: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Japaneseism

Ideology can't get any purer

the fuck

Western idpol: "We need to open our borders and welcome third-worlders if we're to even begin to atone for colonialism, Nazism, and slavery. White supremacy is everywhere and whites are evil."
Anti-Japanese: Gomenasai. Gaijin-san, hold my sake.

not sure if liberal guilt or next level spookbusting.

This reads like some sort of Holla Forums conspiracy about gultural margsism. Just swap anti japan with anti wh*te or something.

This isn't really anything new tbh, see: tankies

in true Japanese fashion, the Japanese found a way to refine/take to 11 something Western (white guilt) and put a uniquely Japanese spin on it.

Those people need to be gulaged, but I doubt most Japanese leftists subscribe to that theory.

Well it does involve the sucide of everyone in a nation. And suicide is very Japanese.

It bothers me how Japanese cultural and political movements always seem to have this anti-human, anti-civ bent to them.

pretty sure they are mistaking them

This is your mind on post-60s maoism.

Since we're on the subject now did Aum Shinrikyo have any anticapitalist leanings?

wasn't it a UFO cult or something?

No, it didn't. It was a neo-religious doomsday cult and little more. They did create a political party at some point but it was used purely as a way to further the sect's popularity — they didn't really care about politics. They did publish antisemitic conspiracy theories in their journal though, but it probably had more to do with their paranoid worldview than any serious commitment to antisemitism.