Is Holla Forums watching Twin Peaks? How about the older first two seasons? Personally speaking, I love the series...

Is Holla Forums watching Twin Peaks? How about the older first two seasons? Personally speaking, I love the series, as it scratches that dark, really fucked up itch.

Fuck yeah, Twin Peaks is probably the single greatest TV show to have been ever made, the closest TV has ever come to true art and the heights of the best cinema. Also, so far Season 3 has not only been exceeding my expectations, but as a Lynch fan in general I think it may be his magnum opus, his most fully realized project up to date.

The third season reminds me much more of FWWM than the first two seasons, but I loved the movie so I don't think that's a bad thing.

I'm watching the first season for the first time, and while so far it has aged well doesn't seem to out of the ordinary compared to some modern shows, though I suppose for its time it was groundbreaking.

I love Twin Peaks.
I have been enjoying the new season so far, I will admit however that I do miss the lack of comfiness and humor that the original run had.

Even FWWM had some humor in it, especially if you watch the Q2 cut.

The first season picks up more towards the end, and then the show goes full-on grimdark in the second season, IMO.

Nah m8 the second season had a bunch of silly stuff, even too much. Christ some episodes were a drag to watch because of it. Lynch has this conviction that the mistake was revealing who was the murderer which is dum, it was just worse, too bloated. I think if you watch the FWWM deleted scenes you get a sense that he actually knows this was the issue, as a lot of those feel like TP second season stuff. Not that they're bad or anything, in fact I'd say watch it.

As much as I liked the second season, there's just too much stuff that never goes anywhere and I don't get whether they just shoved it all in just because, or if they did because of the whole soap opera parody thing. I mean, fuck, did we really need all that stuff with James? Fuck no we didn't. The Dick Tremayne subplot was also stupid as shit, it peaks in the wine tasting scene.

The second season is still enjoyable but there really is a bunch of stuff that should never have left the editing room. I guess that's what you get when you have to worry about tv ratings.

Also tinfoil hat me keeps whispering in my ear that maybe Lynch did it on purpose, what with all the "see you in 25 years stuff". It's pretty interesting watching all the actors who got old, they look so weird.

Also Windom Earle was literally a cartoon villain.

Lynch left the show during much of the season season, because he was infuriated that ABC forced him to reveal the killer, which was NEVER intended to be revealed at all

I loved the first season, thought the second season was doing well until they revealed the killer's identity (a decision that was forced onto Lynch by the producers) at which pointed it went spectacularly downhill — and the last episode didn't make up for it.

I really have a hard time enjoying the third season so far, to be honest. The main story is already stalling and the surreal bits feel forced. It's nowhere near what Lynch is capable of.

Earle was great.
He really did make that season two slump worth sitting through.

Did they change the black lodge's floor? Cus I'm sure it used to be white and black, and now it's dark red and white.

Come on, how is the saga of Dougie Jones not some of the funniest shit to ever happen on all of Twin Peaks?

I agree with that, he was basically the only good thing about latter Season two, that and all the shit with Andy.

HELLOOOO OOOOO OOOOO

If the new Season was just a new show and the original Twin Peaks never happened I would love it, but I miss the atmosphere of the original Twin Peaks way too much to not be bothered.

Did anyone else lose their shit at the Nationalist Pot Smoker show because of how much it reminded them of Holla Forums and Molyneux etc?

call for help

Yeah, FWWM is very underrated, mostly because I think a lot of Twin Peaks fans aren't necissarilly fans of Lynch's movies, and FWWM has a lot more in common with Blue Velvet then it does Twin Peaks at times. But that's also why I love Season 3 so much, I knew it was going to be nothing like Seasons 1 & 2, I knew Lynch had no interest in retreading old ground, he hasn't directed in years, for him to want to come out of retirement it'd have to be out of pure inspiration, and that what we got, Season 3 has parts of Twin Peaks in it, but it also has call backs to Eraserhead, Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire, it's like a compendium of all of his ideas, themes, and aesthetics all coming together in one big masterpiece.

lel

check filename fam

:(

I fucking love Twin Peaks, I'm glad Lynch is doing all 18 episodes of this new season, it's been excellent TV so far.

Autism Cooper has had his moments.
But as someone that has both had to care for a family member with Alzheimer's and worked in an Alzheimer's ward.
Seeing such a likable character kinda forget himself like that is a frustrating downer for me.
Hell, I just wanted to give him a hug at the end of the new episode.

I will admit however that it was really heart warming to see his love for coffee not being affected in the new episode.

Holla Forums incarnate

I mean it's definitely going to be the key to him recovering his memories I think, he just needs to keep guzzling that shit. Also, sorry to here about your family situation comrade, I wish you the best.

I like the implication that even though the doppelganger set a trap for dale, he kind of is still in some sort of heightened state (the shit with the slot machines and the lying detection), like he's really above and only reacts to prompts that are at his level.