Why does nobody talk about South Korea's India/Brazil tier slums? I didn't even know these existed until today...

Why does nobody talk about South Korea's India/Brazil tier slums? I didn't even know these existed until today. How are these images never shown to the western public?

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/r-gangnam-style-south-korea-set-to-demolish-slum-in-shadows-of-seoul-glitz-2015-5
npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/04/10/398498496/a-forgotten-generation-half-of-s-koreas-elderly-live-in-poverty
kron4.com/2017/05/04/oakland-homeless-camp-where-tents-caught-fire-to-be-decomissioned/
zillow.com/homedetails/16-Newton-St-San-Francisco-CA-94112/15178605_zpid/
zillow.com/homes/for_rent/house,condo,apartment_duplex,mobile,townhouse_type/2099773580_zpid/136439-409317_price/500-1500_mp/paymenta_sort/40.793928,-73.852501,40.6822,-74.037037_rect/12_zm/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Kim Jong-un will liberate them.

they also have the highest youth suicide rate in the world right?

my god, wtf is that
favelas look like luxury housing by comparison

I thought they all got killed during the Olympics or w/e lol

If they dont like their living conditions, maybe they should just work harder :^)

businessinsider.com/r-gangnam-style-south-korea-set-to-demolish-slum-in-shadows-of-seoul-glitz-2015-5

oh it looks like they got rid of it so South Korea #1 again

Probably because porky media still feels the need to prove how South Korea is best Korea?

The question is where did all the poor elderly people go. I mean they razed their housings to the ground, then what?

it looks like it got delayed so I guess theyre still there.

Send them up North. At least in the North they get taken care off by the state.

npr.org/sections/parallels/2015/04/10/398498496/a-forgotten-generation-half-of-s-koreas-elderly-live-in-poverty

CAPITALIST PROSPERITY

South Korea is a capitalist nightmare, much like Japan iirc they're classcucked as fucked and work themselves to death similarly. Same culture of shame and 'work hard be success' ideology.

Also

My gott, if there isn't a more prime example of alienation and commodification of human beings.

Are you naive? Where did you think all the poor people in Korea lived? Nice little plastic suburbs?

North-western european nations dont have slums, just shitty housing.

Is that true?

Yes.

I live in Norway, we do not have any slums. We have homelessness tho, but it is mostly junkies or rom-people.

Dang… can you tell I'm a burger?

This is literally the norwegian "slum"

I live in Oakland California and we have a proper tent city now!

kron4.com/2017/05/04/oakland-homeless-camp-where-tents-caught-fire-to-be-decomissioned/

That looks like a nice, quite apartment complex here in burgerstan

Fresh meme I made at work due to high levels of wanting to not do anything

Burger

S.Korea is the most shallow and materialistic country out there, their culture is literally built around capitalism and being a good porky slave.

its facinating how both Koreas are the opposite of each other.

There's a ton of LARPing white Californians here that will revert to liberalism in 15 years. You can spot them easy by how they say bigotted shit about the rural working class.
They're almost as bad as the east European edgelords that support any shitty "anti-imperialist" fascist shithole and won't stop talking shit on the American proletariat, because fuck solidarity amirite?
All these people say naive shit thats just embarrassing, all the time.

Or they could be you know, Europeans that don't have slums or favelas in their home countries. Add that to the fact that we've been fed a healthy dose of propaganda about how South Korea have reached "western" standards of living, leading them to believe that old people there don't live in literal shantytowns. Like pointed out, this is how the poorest areas look like in Scandinavian countries

This.
Pic related, poorest neighbourhoods in the netherlands all look like this.
Social democracy has its benefits.

LOL

yes

Those houses arent one home. Each "house" is a a bedroom and livingroom/kitchen combination. One of those doors you see has 10+ addresses. Its also old and decayed.

Also I check what you said and you are just talking shit if you actually meant to say what i just wrote costs 1.2k a month in the us suburban
zillow.com/homedetails/16-Newton-St-San-Francisco-CA-94112/15178605_zpid/

There's definitely worse looking neighborhoods in the Netherlands.

Worst I could find quickly.

I bet theres less rapes in the korean slum than the netherlands one.

Fucking bullshit.

lol
zillow.com/homes/for_rent/house,condo,apartment_duplex,mobile,townhouse_type/2099773580_zpid/136439-409317_price/500-1500_mp/paymenta_sort/40.793928,-73.852501,40.6822,-74.037037_rect/12_zm/

Has happened literally every time S. Korea expands the Seoul metropolis

idpol bait

Bahahaha
*remembers that the situation is the same in Stockholm*
gah fuck

We had one over here. They bulldozed it during the winter.

Yea no shit dumbcunt. An apartment in downtown amsterdam is 4k a month or more too.

That's the problem you dumb cunt.

Yeah right I guess rapists and murderers are just proletarian comrades fighting the system.

man why do asian cities look so fucking shitty

No it isnt. Houses in the fucking downtown of a busy city are naturally going to be more expensive. Take the fucking bus.

Meanwhile the last thing Obama did in office was give a bailout to Blackstone.

Cages like in Hong-Kong

Fucking word, user. Lel.

what in the fuck? I literally didn't know about this. holy shit? how many koreans live this way?

user…

Bullshit is right. It's a 1k per room.

There were a few articles out in the last weeks talking about how america looks more like the third world than the third world.

No fucking shit. I don't know how bad it is in SK, but everyone knows India and Brazil are full of slums.

They do work hard fucking idiot.

he was being sarcastic