Daily News Thread 6/7

May Targets Human Rights as Election Campaign Closes on Security

Theresa May said she’d be willing to tear up human-rights legislation to combat terrorism in a move the Labour opposition said was an attempt to distract from her cuts to police, as security dominated the closing stages of the U.K. election campaign.
bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-07/may-targets-human-rights-as-election-campaign-closes-on-security

Iran attacks: 'IS' hits Parliament and Khomeini mausoleum

Twin attacks on the Iranian parliament and Ayatollah Khomeini's mausoleum in the capital, Tehran, have killed at least 12 people and injured many more.
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40184641

Iran Revolutionary Guards blame Saudi Arabia for deadly attacks in Tehran

Iran’s Revolutionary Guards have accused Saudi Arabia of masterminding the deadly attacks in Tehran on Wednesday, in which at least 12 people were killed. Earlier the terrorist group Islamic State claimed responsibility for the attacks.
rt.com/news/391254-iran-blame-saudi-attacks/

Eric Trump Calls Father's Critics 'Not Even People'

President Donald Trump's son told Fox News host Sean Hannity on Tuesday that he's "never seen hatred like this" and "morals have flown out the window" when it comes to attacks against his father.
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-07/eric-trump-calls-father-s-critics-not-even-people

Trump Names Wray FBI Director Pick on Eve of Comey Hearing

President Donald Trump said Wednesday he will nominate former Justice Department official Christopher A. Wray as FBI director, a day before the man he fired from that post, James Comey, testifies before a Senate committee.
bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-07/trump-says-he-ll-nominate-christopher-wray-as-fbi-director

Qatar crisis: UAE threatens sympathizers with prison

The United Arab Emirates has warned that anyone expressing sympathy for Qatar could face up to 15 years in prison, as a regional crisis escalates.
bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-40192730

Turkey seeks faster troop deployment to Qatar base as Erdogan slams Doha isolation

Turkey's parliament is set to fast-track a draft bill which will allow troops to be deployed to a military base in Qatar, officials from the ruling AK Party and the national opposition said. It comes amid a diplomatic row between Qatar and Arab nations.
rt.com/news/391246-turkish-troops-qatar-bill/

South Korea halts Thaad anti-missile system rollout

South Korea is suspending the deployment of a controversial missile defence system while the government examines its environmental impact.
bbc.com/news/world-asia-40183448

'Sick' Diane Abbott replaced as Labour's shadow home secretary by Lyn Brown

Diane Abbott has been replaced as the shadow home secretary by Lyn Brown, Labour have confirmed.
ibtimes.co.uk/diane-abbott-replaced-labours-shadow-home-secretary-by-lyn-brown-1625156

US Marines, Apaches provide ‘psychological edge’ as Kurdish-led militia begins siege of Raqqa

The US military is providing active support for the Syrian Democratic Forces in the form of Marine Howitzers and “valuable close-air support” from Apache helicopters in the SDF’s attack on Raqqa, the so-called capital of Islamic State.
rt.com/usa/391161-howitzers-apaches-sdf-raqqa/

‘They filmed him before providing first aid’: Father of blood & dust-covered Aleppo boy to RT

The Syrian boy, whose traumatized face covered in blood and dust flashed across media screens and prompted global outrage, was filmed and exploited purely “for the sake of propaganda,” the boy’s father who now lives in liberated Aleppo told RT’s Ruptly.
rt.com/news/391198-aleppo-boy-rt-interview/

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/op-edge/391103-nsa-contractor-intercept-russia/
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/why-breitbart-fired-an-editor-for-a-tweet/529437/?utm_source=feed
blogs.ssrc.org/tif/2017/06/06/secular-christian-power-and-the-spiritual-invention-of-nations/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

OP/ED

Latest Russia-hacking ‘revelation’ only exposes more 'garbage' US journalism

A report, allegedly based on leaks within the NSA, once again lacks underlying raw intelligence, yet reporters from The Intercept ran with it anyway, Brian Becker from the anti-war ANSWER Coalition told RT.
rt.com/op-edge/391103-nsa-contractor-intercept-russia/

Why Breitbart Fired an Editor for a Tweet

Katie McHugh’s views were no secret. Her exit from Breitbart News reflects changes at the top.
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/06/why-breitbart-fired-an-editor-for-a-tweet/529437/?utm_source=feed

Secular Christian power and the spiritual invention of nations

blogs.ssrc.org/tif/2017/06/06/secular-christian-power-and-the-spiritual-invention-of-nations/

ily news user

Stirner.jpg

Who in God's name was this intended for?

All the old people and nationalists are already voting for her. This can only piss of and alienate the people she's actually trying to reach. Does she WANT Labour to win?

This is literally 2x as bad as the Basket of Deplorables comment and yet no Trump supporter anywhere is gonna see a problem with it.

American conservatives are getting more and more confident lately. Should I be worried?

If we're not people, doesn't that mean we can't be tried in court?

But Human Rights is an agreement between egoists that in return of not wanting to be totured you do not toture other people either.

oh wow

Unfortunately we live in a Capitalist society, Humans Rights are a necessary spook.

It's quite the opposite. Right now, Congressional Republicans are up shit creek. In 30 days they recess and they haven't got shit done. They really want to make a truce with the Democrats so they can pass some of their legislation, but Trump doesn't want any of that shit. So he keeps antagonizing the Democrats, which in turn only encourages them to continue being a road block to the Republicans' agenda.

So, as usual with everything related to Trump, it's a lot of self-defeating bluster.

Idk man. That one guy got elected after slamming that reporter (he was also unbearably evil otherwise). If Ms. I-dont-support-livable-wage gets elected we'll know this countey is eternally cucked.

All I can say is if I was an American I would be either arming up or thinking about exit strategies, preferably both

I'm pretty sure more people here are independents than Republicans or Democrats.

Most people did early voting so even though people wanted to change their votes they were screwed.

Greg Gianforte only won by 6 points and most of that was early-voting before the incident.

This is what I actually take from this. My SO is constantly talking about leaving this shit country (where would wo go though) and all I can think is that I need to be armed up and start working out again.

I actually think his platform was even worse than the slamjam he gave that reporter. "oh I wouldn't vote for this evil faggot NOW that I know he's violent as well" (proceeds to get a measly $300 dollar fine from his own supporters, all charges absolved) doesn't really make the situation seem any better.

Jesus, if you faggots don't get Corbyn in…

well, YOU faggots didn't get bernie in, so…

DON'T remind us.

you know they cheated.

I'm not a burger though.

not really.

bernie lost pretty much because young people didn't vote because they apparently had more important things to do like shitpost on Holla Forums.

Yeah, they'll just put you down like a rabid animal without trial instead.

Pretty sure all of us voted, blame the normies

Now we're talking.

Human rights are a creation of the Jews and besides being a tool of imperialist oppression ("le ebul Assad gassed his poiple, get him, goyim!"), they are a weapon designed to render Western societies impotent against Third World criminal savages - can't turn away that 57-time rapist at the border or deport that murderer to Afghanistan; they need asylum, and have human rights, after all!

Wikileaks (facts) disagree, you cunt.

🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧kys🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

Me getting attacked = bad
My enemies getting attacked = good

I don't see what's so confusing about this.

I know i shouldn't be surprised but i'm still surprised.

like pottery

like pottery.

DNC being biased to Hillary doesn't equal cheating.

There's zero evidence that any of the voting machines were rigged or that there was any widespread electoral fraud. The after-voting polls showed a very low turnout among young voters because young voters are fucking lazy pieces of shit.

Bernie lost for two reasons. First and foremost, the DNC had already chosen Hillary, and rigged the primary in her favor in a variety of ways. Second, after he threw the white working class under the bus and essentially told them to go fuck themselves, he was unelectable and became political poison.

“Us military helps Rojava with Al Raqqa battle” atlas something good id happing.

They don't give a fuck about the environment, this is because of the dickwaving between the Annoying Orange and the Norks
wew

they deserve it worse than the romanov's tbh

I don't know user. I feel like the DNC being in contact with MSNBC and other media heads and telling them to tone down their on air criticisms of Hillary and also giving Hillary debate questions in advance sounds like cheating to me.

How do we deal with the 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧Anglo Cuck🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 problem, lads?

there is no irony. they're just not humans so not worthy of having any feeling but I guess a slight pity. Really the kind of mindset we need to cultivate for the coming civil war

The entire system stopped Bernie together. The DNC closed polling places and changed people's registration to unaffiliated. The media cut away from Sanders speeches to show Trump's empty podium over and over.

since when do you give a fuck about human rghts?

But that means they can't do anything to us if we kill them first.