The NSA Leak on Russia 'Hacking' the Election

theintercept.com/2017/06/05/top-secret-nsa-report-details-russian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/

archive.is/l0bys

The leaker has been identified as a 25 year old NSA contractor, Reality Leigh Winner. She has been arrested by the FBI and has admitted to the act.

Other urls found in this thread:

pando.com/2016/10/04/pierre-omidyars-intercept-gets-well-deserved-award-group-funded-pierre-omidyar/
money.cnn.com/2017/04/05/technology/pierre-omidyar-donation-fake-news/index.html
alexanderhiggins.com/stanford-berkley-study-1-77-billion-chance-hillary-won-primary-without-widespread-election-fraud/
bloomberg.com/features/2016-how-to-hack-an-election/
blog.erratasec.com/2017/06/how-intercept-outed-reality-winner.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reality Winner?

Sounds fake

Does anyone honestly believe anything the government agencies "release?" I'm no Kremlinbot, but a lot of this shit seems fake as fuck.

I definitely think there's truth to it, and the Russian investment in the '16 election was pretty obvious as the year went on. I think the three-letters have mixed motives - Russian involvement is not unlikely and their social damage control ("Russia was trying to cast doubt on our Democracy, keep calm and carry on") seems as shady or shadier than the accusations themselves.

"*some shit about tolerant liberals and fake news*"
[*insert image of antifa attacking trash can*]

wow wonder where theyre going to talk about those if not in a TOP SECRET fucking document

Do you guys not watch spy movies? The more you talk about something the more likely someone will find out about it. Everything doesn't fall under the strict dichotomy of secret/not secret. It's layered like an onion.

Well Clinton did pretty much promise all out war with them if she won. On the other hand, a lot of people pushing this Russia shit are ignoring the elephant in the room, which is the DNC.

Who cares? It's about time America got a taste of its own medicine. Bourgeois democracy is a fucking joke.

It's religion at this point to believe anybody involved in the state at any level, especially "intelligence agencies" whose entire purpose is to deceive to achieve some sort of porky approved end.

no one seems to have any idea of what 'Russian involvement' means. I think its being kept deliberately vague on purpose. There are some people talking about how Trump has been a KGB plant since the 80s and how the Russians 'hacked' the elections somehow. It's conventional wisdom there was 'at least some Russian involvement' but no one is able to point at any concrete examples. Worse, the stuff that's been released by the security agencies or their propaganda organs (ie. WaPo) has proved to be a blatant fabrication 9 times out of 10. Some of those documents also show that the security state is already using the 'all powerful Russian meddlers' narrative to go after the left as well.

Idk i'm more inclined to trust this coming from the intercept than NYTor WaPo. The russiagate bullshit is extremely politicized and centrists/the intelligence agencies are absolutely using it to try to expand their power, but to deny outright that there was any Russian action at all seems kinda ridiculous. I think the main reason the left is hostile to the idea is because Russian interference exonerates Hillary to a degree, which is awful for the political narrative.

Fake and gay.
I don't believe anything that comes out of the US empire.
Just remember what happened when they claimed that Sadam Had weapons of mass destruction.
They couldn't fucking find them.
USA empire of lying snakes.

Hmm…what on Earth would an individual from the NSA have to gain from "anonymously leaking" a report "proving" Russia hacked ARE DEMOCRACY

Or alternatively the NSA is wise enough to choose a respectable "alternative media" outlet to "leak" stuff to, to give the impression that it can't be government propaganda, why else would they leak it to The Intercept?

And friendly reminder that The Intercept is almost entirely owned by a tech billionaire that enjoys a particularly close relationship with the US government, Pierre Omidyar

pando.com/2016/10/04/pierre-omidyars-intercept-gets-well-deserved-award-group-funded-pierre-omidyar/

Also included Pierre Omidyar mouthing off about "fake news" and donating $100 million to combat it (in addition to other causes), the current bugbear of such vaunted enemies of the government like Facebook, Yahoo, and Google

money.cnn.com/2017/04/05/technology/pierre-omidyar-donation-fake-news/index.html

So Russia meddled to help get Clinton elected? Is that supposed to be the argument here? Friendly reminder:

alexanderhiggins.com/stanford-berkley-study-1-77-billion-chance-hillary-won-primary-without-widespread-election-fraud/

bloomberg.com/features/2016-how-to-hack-an-election/

You bet your ass there was election machine tampering and "hacking" but it's more likely to have been by perpetrated by the candidates themselves than a spooky state entity.

What in the actual fuck? Is this the kind of lying spineless trash the Intercept now houses for journalists? Glenn Greenwald needs to get the fuck out of there while he still has a reputation. No journalist worth their salt should ever associate with a glorified tabloid writer from Gawker, especially not that one.

The Intercept lends some credibility to this and then tosses it right into the trash with the name Sam Biddle.

You know normally when you make a statement as strong as "displays no doubt", it's backed up by actual evidence.

Yeah, just like they did with all the leaks before.

This shit writes itself.

That's just a news aggregate. Follow the links to the respectable, peer-reviewed sources please. Three separate teams of statisticians from three separate reknowned institutions came to the independent conclusions last somewhere that there was clear evidence of election fraud in Clinton's favor during the primary.

so lots more nothing but "it was the russians they definitely did it please believe us!"

*over the summer

he didn't edit the document that reality winner (lol) gave him either that still had those printer marks that tell when and where it got printed

blog.erratasec.com/2017/06/how-intercept-outed-reality-winner.html
so him and his editor just got this chick 20 years easy in federal prison

Wow it is basically nothing

There are a number of links, most of which are not to the supposed study. I found one link to one four page piece by two guys at two different universities - but it's not peer reviewed and it's just hosted on Google drive. It has the integrity of two guys who go to college releasing a paper the same way on the likelihood that your wife fucks other guys.

Seriously though, Russia doesn't have even 10% money needed to achieve everything they're accused of by the liberals.

If it was WaPo or whatever I'd question it, but it's strange that The Intercept of all places published this

No point in posting stuff like this here. You won't get any real discussion out of it. You'll just get a bunch of Kremlin bots and Putin dick riders swarming your shit.

There are Kremlin bots on fucking Holla Forums?

They're in all corners of the internet. Where do you think the massive influx of Nazbol shitposters came from?

The government didn't "release" it. It was leaked by a contractor who is now facing jail time.

Now this is paranoia.

Nah, they're from some smallish forum somewhere. A lot of them are just 3rd positionists.

Pretty sure they're just doing it because Nazbol is fucking hilarious. Have you heard the song?

I mean, a couple of them are maybe serious but it's honestly hard to tell. Who even cares?

America has tried to influence Russian politics and Russia has tried to influence American politics since the Cold War. Anyone with a working brain knows this. And obviously it was in Russia's interest to undermine American political system and to elect a clown like Trump over Clinton. This is just common sense. It's no different from USA funding various NGO in Russia and elsewhere to undermine Russian political establishment.

But the whole obsession about Russian hackers stealing the elections is just Trump derangement system from the butthurt liberals who are still angry about it not being her time. Well, they're also deliberately doing it to try to put pressure on the Trump regime and try to delegitimize his presidency. It's just one long "NOT MY PRESIDENT" autistic screech that's going to last for the entirety of his presidency. But no he's not going to get impeached or anything like that, and only literal idiots believe it.

Yeah I like having them around. They're liberal repellent and more amusing than any Holla Forums or reddit refugee can be.

… Who control Comey and the three-letter agencies, and apparently the RNC who were supposedly hacked, too?

Well, he could. It's not happening this year because of the GOP majority. But the guy is corrupt as fuck and paid off the Trump U plaintiffs like the day after he was elected. He's insanely bad at covering his tracks, and whether or not you trust the Russia narrative, it's seriously affected his staff.

When did they make the narrative switcheroo between "Russia hacked the election!" to "Russia influenced the election!"?

This

He's not a plant but he's probably been laundering money for them. The only country with more economic sanctions is North Korea. Russia is desperate to get US cash to buy shit.

He definitely has ties to the mob.

Who?

"Hacked the election" was simplistic sloganeering mostly pitched around by TV types and Dems. I don't think the three-letters ever made their claim that simple - they've been pretty consistent on this and the investigations have largely been over the DNC hacks and collusion. The possibility of the machines themselves being tampered with has received conspicuously little actual investigation.

Fucking this.

My brother who's addicted to left twitter flipped his shit on me when I said I believed the 2016 election was hacked.

I voted for Jill be he still treated me like I was running cover for Hill.

I am a computer security expert for 12 years. I remember a couple of years ago a hacker demonstrated a hack of a diebold system, changed all the votes to Repub.

Didn't even need another computer, did all though their buggy as hell interface

Probably because if they did they'd have to reveal the regular tampering the republicucks and demoshits both do on the reg

People on weird Twitter like Chapo have been trying to make a little cottage industry out of blaming Hill for Trump instead of you know the 40 million people that actually pulled the lever for him.

A lot of the white left is in deep denial that all the people they love like their parents and friends are deeply reactionary, not a whole lot of minorities opted Trump

I remember reading that Trump got a larger share of Hispanic vote than Romney.

Less people voted for Trump than Romeny. Not saying your wrong but way less Hispanics voted for Trump than say Obama, Hillary repelled all the Hispanics that would have normally voted dem

Thing is, the reason sources are often classified is for the sake of the safety of the source. Even conventional journalists won't give out their sources.

She got arrested for it, so, yeah.

If they're on Holla Forums, which only a retard would deny, then why wouldn't they be here?

So they changed the accusation from Russian hacking to Russian propaganda?

Most countries put out propaganda.

Then people shouldn't be expected to believe you.

Yes we do, but nice meme. You can literally pull up the DNI's conclusion right now about the hacking of DNC servers, Kremlin social media bots, and other propaganda attempts.

Both

Sup CTR it's been a minute

I've never seen anyone defend the people who voted trump, on the other hand you see the retarded lionisation of minorities by the neoliberal left everywhere you go. anyone who sincerely voted for either candidate is extremely ignorant and blinkered

Then you're an idiot for believing that Trump voters, as historically few as they were, were responsible for getting Trump elected, rather than say, the oppositions fault for not presenting an alternative that people could be enthusiastic about.

People vote *for* things they believe in, not against the things they don't believe in.

Did you just wake up from a forty-year coma? Nobody likes who they vote for anymore except dumbass Holla Forums. Everyone votes against the other guy.

If you haven't noticed, voter-participation is very low and decreasing. Sure *those who vote* vote against the other candidate, but they are steadily becoming fewer and fewer.

I would be amazed if most Clinton voters were not just voting against Trump and vice versa.

TBH, even if Sam Biddle is trash (he is), his journalism is not so bad (by journalism standards).

Yeah, you are a shill. Reported.

B-but I'm not the other Sandinista poster.

I was just stating some opinion about that faggot because even if he's infamous, he's not that bad compared to other Journalists.

Yes.
That's exactly what I was saying…

When will this ride ever end? Why even have hope anymore? I should just move somewhere else and leave the western world to just rot and die. It seems useless hoping for revolution or legitimate change at this point because the corporate state is just so effective at keeping people wagecucks and filled with propaganda.

That's not really what I was trying to say. I don't think the Russian meddling was what tipped the election, I do think Hillary and the DNC should bear most of the blame. The newest leaks don't conclude that they even had any effect on the election. I was just saying that we should avoid spouting Holla Forumstard "fake news" lines about this when it is extremely plausible that the Russians would do this. They intervened, but Clinton was a uniquely vulnerable candidate.

worse, they're true believers in Anti-Imperialism

The existence of Kremlinbots on Holla Forums is exaggerated, and claims of their existence mostly stem from asshurt burgers whenever GLORIOUS BURGERLAND's geopolitical machinations are compared to Putins

Trump's getting couped and she's getting exonerated