What are some Holla Forums approved documentaries ? (no particular topic in mind)

What are some Holla Forums approved documentaries ? (no particular topic in mind)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lWBkKhr_1WA
de.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA/aGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS/cUxrnNZwEMCiA0I9pBb0KK9N0akCfulG/cKximndnPX+w7bazCkDjtQMjPg==&bit=1
youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg
youtube.com/watch?v=VdLNyr3BarE&t
youtube.com/watch?v=NSGkh61rMhM
youtu.be/9tLK449NdmA
youtu.be/01tRfPOl89A
johnpilger.com/filmography
metanoia-films.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=TwmM5Nb6hiE
youtube.com/watch?v=OyFH19nm2e4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

All of Adam Curtis' stuff.

Call It Sleep

I was thinking about making a thread about his stuff, I would say that Bitter Lake and Hypernormalization are good places to start.

If you don't have the time for those his shorts on Charlie Brooker's show are good too.

A Grin without a Cat
It was sadly removed from Youtube relatively recently but you can still find it elsewhere.

Am I the only one who thought Bitter Lake meandered way too much and was like an hour longer than it should have been? Still pretty good though

Yeah it's unnecessarily long but I liked all the rare archive footage.

youtube.com/watch?v=lWBkKhr_1WA

good docu on iraq war profiteering

de.proxfree.com/permalink.php?url=s54aaHA/aGsaD5vHs0QZLcUclS/cUxrnNZwEMCiA0I9pBb0KK9N0akCfulG/cKximndnPX+w7bazCkDjtQMjPg==&bit=1

fugging region lock

best bit is 35:40 imo

I like stuff like 'us marines joking about murdering people' but i could have done without stuff like 'arab delegates walk down a street for like 2 minutes'

youtube.com/watch?v=x1bX3F7uTrg
relevant
love Curtis but fuck he does tend to throw too much stuff at you at times

kek, that was pretty good

But yeah I cant attack him too harshly because at least somebody is trying to get across a left wing message in a semi public arena

I'm a big fan of this obscure Soviet documentary about media influences called "The Target is your Brain".

youtube.com/watch?v=VdLNyr3BarE&t

It's a cool illustration of Gramsci's basic points that has a lot of relevance to contemporary Marxism.

his ending monologue when he was interviewed on chapo trap house was pretty great

Half-joking, but nevertheless.

Am I the only one who liked Season 5 (and thought it had the best intro song)

youtube.com/watch?v=NSGkh61rMhM

Season five went on a tangent and was the weakest, but it still stands head and shoulders above everything else on the telly, so eh.
Oh yeah.
But the song is spooky as all hell, though.

it is but hey, i just take it as a johnny cash type thing, i dont have a problem with christfags railing against corruption and greed

Oh and I liked how it covered journalism and politics more, the street crime stuff is great but I think it gives more of an elevated context

I do. They are going to gulag, and you with them.

(Polite sage.)

Dial H-I-S-T-O-R-Y

Shame. Shame on you all.

This deals with the Situationists? Where can I find a copy of it?

youtu.be/9tLK449NdmA

"Propaganda" is amusing; it poses as a North Korean documentary, but it was actually made by New Zealanders I think.

fucking lol

I'm pretty sure the DPRK's government liked it too and made it available to their citizens, except they took out all references to "dear leader" and so forth.

youtu.be/01tRfPOl89A
here you go

The films of Chris Marker, Godfrey Reggio, Peter Watkins, Yann Le Masson and Kazuo Hara.

johnpilger.com/filmography knock yourself out fam

Scott Noble's films are fairly informative. Also free to distribute
metanoia-films.org/

I found The Money Fix to be helpful in explaining problems in the current currency system and how a couple forms of alternative currency work and are currently used. Too bad they didn't cover labour vouchers too though.
youtube.com/watch?v=TwmM5Nb6hiE

The killings of tony blair is a good one on netflix

The act of killing

youtube.com/watch?v=OyFH19nm2e4

Thanks!