Global Warming

What do you guys think of global warming? Something we should do something about or a global hoax? Drop opinions.

Other urls found in this thread:

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Global_warming
youtube.com/watch?v=v_RuverrEZ4
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.2_kiloyear_event
newscientist.com/article/mg21228392-300-hyperwarming-climate-could-turn-earths-poles-green/
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82yk73N8eoX-Xobr_TfHsWPfAIyI7VAP
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The biggest issue facing mankind right now.
Greed and ignorance are the core reasons that keeps us from doing anything about it.

please give me rock hard proof for my ignorant friend denying it

rationalwiki.org/wiki/Global_warming

RationalWiki is pretty poor when it comes to politics (they're unsophisticated liberals) but they're usually spot-on when it comes to purely fact-based stuff.

What do you guys think of the moon landing? Something that was a technological achievement for mankind or a global conspiracy filmed in Stanley Kubrick's basement? Drop opinions.

What do you guys think of evolution? Something that describes the origin of species or a lie to promote atheism? Drop opinions.

youtube.com/watch?v=v_RuverrEZ4

its not even that hot

Even if it isn't as much of a threat as alarmists make it out to be (for the record, I think it is) what harm is there in curbing deforestation, drilling for oil, fracking and CO2 emissions anyway?

It's real and if you are interested in geopolitics, you'd know this.
For the past 150 years the big meta of geopolitics was to deny Russia a warm water port, be it on the Indian Ocean or the Mediterranean Sea.
All of a sudden the Russians don't need this anymore, because the North-East passage is free. They can ship shit from Murmansk to Vladivostok without any hassle and now the NATO is forced to build bases across the Arctic coast of their member countries, which will cost tax payer money for nothing in return.
Global Warming didn't do the West any favour.

Yeah, even the US Department of Defense believes in global warming, for fuck sake. A warmer planet has major geopolitical implications.

What the living fuck happened around 9000-8000?

Nice fabricated graph. Pic related is reality.

This gives us no comparison with contemporary post-2000s temperature.

atlantis was sunk in global cataclism with all of their advanced heavy industry

wow, 1840 that's certainly relevant in the grand scheme of things

his graph goes back 10,000 years, your's goes back to 1840

lad…

source on these charts

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8.2_kiloyear_event

google images earth temperature history

seems legit.

So you basically picked the charts that suited you without any scientific reasoning behind it?

newscientist.com/article/mg21228392-300-hyperwarming-climate-could-turn-earths-poles-green/

My point is that in the grand scheme of things it's nothing the erf hasn't seen before

Agreed

I disagree with this, I haven't seen much evidence of people thinking ecology is a scam thanks to global warming. More I've seen people buy into the global warming cult and not focus on anything real. Also, it's used to print money under the cover of "green politics". It's an excuse for states to further suck tax dollars out of the society and redistribute it to friends and relatives of the ruling class who have the ruling class's stamp of approval as purveyors of "green technology" or "green research".

There's a huge difference between "there's nothing wrong with polluting less and having a cleaner world, we should encourage that" and "OH MY WORD THE WORLD IS OVER THIS PORKY CEO SAID THE WORLD WILL END NOW BECAUSE OF DRUMPF" and other "treaties" and laws of compulsion placed upon peoples by the international ruling elite under the extreme fear mongering of global warming.

That doesn't change the fact that at current warming trends sea levels will rise to submerge most major cities around the world and displace millions or even billions of people. The planet will be fine but modern human civilization won't be.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL82yk73N8eoX-Xobr_TfHsWPfAIyI7VAP

Science will invent a Mcguffin to solve everything

It already has (an engineer's plan to pump water from the bottom of the Arctic Sea to the top to freeze is estimated to cost $500 billion), but nothing will be done because you keep being an autist and denying that climate change is real because you're so obsessed with riding Porky's dick.
You're why humanity will die out, friendo.

The fact is that it will take many centuries to happen. Modern human civilization will either go extinct or will no longer be "modern" by contemporary definition. Anyone with basic math skills can see it.

A lot of people don't take ecology seriously, no? Whether or not this is tied to global warming - or other bullshit - is up to debate. In my experience it is primarily global warming.