Is the Paris Climate Accord a scam?

Is the Paris Climate Accord a scam?
We are spending billions of dollars to reduce the global temperature by only 0.3 degrees.
How do Europeans justify this spending that's coming out of the Proles' income tax?

It costs ridiculous amounts of money and it's doing almost nothing.

youtu.be/TJNJ_k8SUkA

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2017/04/18/investing/big-oil-paris-deal-trump/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Of course it's a scam. It's nothing but paper over the crakcs for retarded liberals who trust their leaders and media to shut the fuck up about climate change.

When 2 degrees of warming can spell disaster, that's actually quite a lot.

it's still trillions of dollars out of taxpayer money. is it really worth it?

Climate accords are a scam only because it doesn't go nearly far enough. You can't save the environment under capitalism.

Cheaper than the insane water damage my house is going to get in a couple years

You're going to pay for that warming too, and that's likely going to be more than just trillions of dollars. Global warming is going to make simple things like food and water expensive.

I think it's only reducing the current rate by 30%, not actually lowering the global temperature by 0.3.
not sure if this is correct

And don't give me a false comparison of climate with weather, climate is much more stable and predictable. You don't expect to live in a desert tomorrow do you? Or a fucking tundra the day after?

go away porky

The paris deal obviously wont save anything but it's a step in the right direction and it's retarded to go backwards because it's not a big enough step forwards.

except it's money that's coming out of proletariats' pockets (income tax), not the actual energy companies

sounds like the problem is your taxation system then

But user is right. You do have to open your eyes in suspicion when you see that there's a conflict of interest with regards to climate research. Porkies such as Elon Musk, the Clinton Foundation, and Warren Buffet are funding this "research" as a means of profiting off of renewables and other parlor tricks. The majority of climate science is forged. In fact, that "97% of peer-reviewed papers support anthropogenic climate change" number leads me to believe this–who is going to check all of those articles?

It's also very suspicious that liberals, public figures, and Reddit support measures against climate change. Controlled opposition at its finest.

you seriously think the CAPITALIST countries that agreed to this would be doing it under the bourgie tax money?

Global warming as a theory is more than 100 years old. Either attack the science or shut the fuck up. You are expecting scientists from all over the world in multiple disciplines working throughout the last couple of decades (and more if you include early theories) being in on a conspiracy, all so that Elon Musk can sell solar panels. Are you fucking serious?

Yes. Do you honestly think there can be such a thing as pure, unbiased science when it and the individual within are controlled by capital, same as everything else? Grants aren't given for free out of the goodness and scientific curiosity of the giver's heart. Almost nothing within the scientific community can be trusted, not only has the well been poisoned with money, there's also the unrelated problems of replicability and how no one does it and the huge problem of P-hacking. I have no idea whether climate science is true or not because everyone has an agenda and a large amount of money behind them.

anyone who isn't a retard liberal knows the Paris accord is complete bullshit.

yet again accelerationists have been btfo as the masses flock to worship neoliberals like Merkel and Macron and Musk who nobly call out Trump for not agreeing to their utterly worthless agreement that wouldn't achieve anything even if it worked perfectly (which none of them ever have or ever will)

I want you to do a favor for me and look up the Competitive Enterprise Institute (the same firm that poured money into fighting tobacco labeling and tobacco research), the American Enterprise Institute (funded by Koch Industries and other magnates in the fossil fuel industry), and other think tanks that are actively suppressing climate science. Porky (as in, the majority of porky) has a good reason to be against climate science, because it threatens their profits from the fossil fuel industry. Not to mention that a warmer Earth would allow them greater access to natural gas and oil deposits in the North Pole.

Pic related. Climate science deniers will always be useful idiots to porky.

Accelerationism isn't a strategy, it's schadenfreude.

more like sadism

It's not even what Marx meant when he talked about accelerationism. Nick Land and others have somehow reinterpreted it within an edgy context, proving once more that leftists as a whole start need to be reaching out to proles and working with them, instead of engaging in ivory tower circlejerking like this, which would alienate workers.

Shouting encouragement as the people stick jumper cables to their genitals isn't sadism.

Yes user. The goal is to undermine Western competition while exempting industrialized countries like China and India. Globalists don't like competition, especially from American or German industry (we make quality products). International industries mass produce shit. If we were to compete with these globalized industries they'd lose a large consumer base to the Western world.

Okay, so I guess you should stop using this computer, then. After all science doesn't work because capitalism exists. Health science? Bullshit. Fucking doctors are telling me to exercise just to turn a profit. Medical science? Bullshit. I bet that chemo has big pharma behind it. I'll just drink herbal tea to cure my pancreatic cancer, which is still at a treatable stage according to those capitalist doctors(t. Steve Jobs). NASA? Dude, obviously they faked the moon landing to beat the Soviets. Satellites doesn't even real!!1 It's a conspiracy!!!1

Try it outside of Holla Forums next time.

It's not a question of the science being untrue because of who is behind it, it's a question of who can you possibly trust. None of us are researchers, and most of us probably haven't read all the papers, so we have to take a lot of this on faith, which is impossible because of the circumstances behind it all.
I don't have to understand anything or believe anyone to use a computer and see that it works.
Doctors are heavily advertised to and influenced to shill specific medication. They're just doctors, not researchers, and whatever the experts tell them to prescribe they prescribe.
Yes, it literally does. Everyone knows how expensive cancer treatment is.
Nice strawman.
Again, nice strawman.
You honestly sound like a liberal right now. How can you possibly be a Leftist and not see the extensive corrupting influence of money?

explain worker's self organization
explain what the USSR was able to achieve, the reasons for its failure, but also worker's self organization
Yuri Gagarin and Sputnik
Assad is guilty of war crimes, i seriously hope you guys don't defend this

>Look, I'm no scientist guys, I'm just asking questions.

end ur life mr self-parodying conspiratard

You do know all the big oil companies pushed to stay due to continental connections and wanting to be at the table to "be at the new frontier" right?
money.cnn.com/2017/04/18/investing/big-oil-paris-deal-trump/

Sure showed me wrong with that slick Socratic-tier arguing.

We're not stupid enough to think anything we say will convince you, literally your only argument is "I don't personally understand it so it must be wrong"

Reality doesn't care about your low I Q

No you dumb fucking sheep. I'm saying that the well is fucking poisoned because we live in a Capitalist society. Grants aren't fucking free. Scientists are not superhuman seekers of the truth. Capital is behind everything and it doesn't give a fuck about the truth. My point is most of us aren't scientists capable of repeating the experiments and spending our time reading through papers, as such we have to believe what some truthworthy authority says and that the research done is legitimate yet there's no one capable of trusting and the research is untrustworthy when it's done for political or monetary reasons and when P-hacking and unreplacability is a growing issue.

You're acting like a gullible liberal pretending to be above "le dumb conspiratards", when it's not even a fucking conspiracy, it's an inherent part of Capitalism.

Natural gas still produces emissions in the long run, and the process of extracting creates a variety of problems, like contaminated water and sinkholes. Even though it produces less CO2 than other fossil fuels, it would be best to move away from it (something that the fossil fuel industry would be unwillling to do in the meantime).

We're not defending Assad, we're opposing another US imperial intervention. Saddam wasn't a nice guy but the neoliberal dystopian regime the US put in his place wasn't any better, not to mention cost us burgers thousands of tax dollars each

not even trying to be an edgelord, but I'm certain that revolution will never come. I'm going to work towards it and try, because thats the only way humanity can survive with dignity, but the brainwashing and porky control is so powerful and the failure of past revolutions have fucked us. Now that we have the kind of technology we do, society is barreling towards dystopia at an unprecedented pace. Communists simply haven't been able to keep up.