What is the purpose of life to a communist? Personal pleasure?

What is the purpose of life to a communist? Personal pleasure?

Service to the greater good.

Same as it is for everyone else.

Didn't know we had Tau ethereals posting on leftypol

What is the "greater good?"

Which is…?

Communism itself.

Your purpose is what you make it out to be

Spook. You won't be alive when communism is reached, why do you care?

There's no purpose of living, grow up

That's why I'm asking what communists make their purpose out to be.

In that case, why do you continue to live?

The Greater Good.

Pic related

This, actually. The primary political goal of a communist is to liberate the workers of the world, and ostensibly to raise their standard of living once emancipation has been reached.

In the personal sphere their 'purpose' is their own to decide.

For me, it is furthering the next evolutionary stage of humanity. Capitalism is not providing results, as the average intelligence has peaked and is now steadily declining.

t. Menshevik

Provide evidence of 'nothing' - there is no such thing as 'nothing'

Spooky as fuck.

holy shit that picture though

Eudaimonia, virtue and epicurean simple life.

To establish communism

FUCKING DELET THIS YOU DUMB SUCCDEM

The point is to ascend Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Each tier corresponds roughly to the different class societies Marx describes, weirdly enough.

To crush revisionists, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women

The purpose of life is forming my own purpose.

Personal pleasure. Anyone who says otherwise is anti-materialist and counter revolutionary.

Sert la bonne cause et meurs.

Capitalism does not sate any of the things listed in that pyramid for the wide majority of people in the world. Some of these are achieved by rich people and the bourgeoisie themselves, but good luck convincing someone in a capitalist country in Asia or Africa that they are safe and have access to basic resources.

I'm not going to speak for others, but my purpose in life is to live long enough to live in a society where I'm free to live rent free, and stay home all day, and play vidya, and enjoy my Japanese sex bot companion. I'm not asking for Utopia, or immortality, I just want to live comfy free from fucking wage slavery, and not be fucked with, and what ever political ideology will get me that life, I'm all fucking for it.

i would imagine the purpose is to find one's purpose

Are you honestly delusional enough to think Communism will give you that? Under Communism you'd live stacked in shitty shared "apartments" shared by multiple families in poverty, like cattle. You'd also be facing starvation, and literally have ZERO privacy. You should fear the idea of Communism ever being achieved, regardless of what the LARPers here have to say about it.

The meaning of life is the revolution

Who do you expect to maintain your home, and who do you expect to produce food. Where do you think the sexbot or the vidya are going to come from. Do you seriously think you can expect to be allowed to live like that while contributing nothing regardless of the political ideology of the society you're living in? A "Wage slave" is hardly different from a worker within a communist society with the only difference being where the compensation for work goes to (money in capitalism, contribution to the community that allows it to distribute wealth in communism).

What happens after the revolution? Another revolution?

obviously the purpose of life to the communist is waiting in a bread line.

THE GREATER GOOD.

People create their own meanings to life by interacting with each other freely. I don't mean "free, voluntary trade" - that's alienating (see: your miserable, lonely life under capitalism). I mean living together, really living. Same basic unit of life as primitive communism or peasant commune (2 most successful historical modes of organization, by the way), but liberated from the material constraints.

Hitler dubs and Nazi-like shitpost confirm that succdems really are latent Nazis

Hello Nechayev

Read Nechayev

Define 'purpose to life' properly and show that such a thing exists in the first place.
Then one might start to think about an answer.

communism sniff is an idea which brings about its own being!!

To serve Our Lord and to help provide a good life for those around me.

I'm religious, but OP's picture is a strawman to the 15th degree, this is a borderline bait thread. IF you're going to criticize atheism, at least be intelligent about it

You should try not being a nihilist, user. It's not that difficult.

To be free to fully be human again. Which is a fairly banal existence mostly composed of gossip, feasting, art, love-making, play, producing (but here reduced to proper proportions vis a vis the rest), and philosophy.

Somewhere, in space, a freezing body is decomposing after losing consciousness and collapsing from decompression. As the worms and bacteria that make up the body engorge on its tissue the corpse floating in the infinite vacuum is the supreme overlord and messiah of communists, atheists, and illuminatii alike.

To help the common people.

What do you mean, like an overarching goal or idea one supports, works towards, or finds admirable? Some metaphysical obligation incurred through the "gift of consciousness"? What?

You can't get concise, relevant answers unless you're a little more specific and rigorous here

I like this idea

You could say that it refers to capitalist society proper, with those parts of the world "separate from and beneath" "capitalist society." Or just that the progression between society models reveals the next need higher and the means by which to pursue it, regardless of how they are distributed, or something.

kek

Guess you beat me to it