Be bus driver

Did you thank your bus driver today, Holla Forums? :3

Just courteous to thank someone for doing their job tbh

I rarely use the front door.

what the fuck is a bus

I did OP! Three times today actually!

I have never paid for a bus that lets you use any door than the one at the front.

How the fuck you use three buses?

I live in Burgerstan, so buses are usually poorly funded and rarely take you anywhere worthwhile. I haven't rode a bus in years.

I always try to buddy

I say thank you when allowed on the bus. Does this count? I rarely leave within hearing distance of the driver

i don't use buses, but i would always thank the school bus driver when he dropped me off

I'm too poor and the closes bus stop is nearly three miles away

This too

If you're a real comrade, you will shout thank you.

One to work/uni and one back? Not out of the question to use three busses in one day,

What the fuck is this cancer? Aren't your busses equipped with a separate room for the driver? picrelated

Of course. Always try to be friendly, anons~

Why would there be a seperate room needed for the driver? Yuropoor here btw.

So that he does not get stabbed and the bus is not stolen. Then again, this is easten europe.

busdrivers are scum here. house niggas

Where I live they have their little cabin but you can still interact with them.

That is depressing as fuck

In my country bus drivers are class traitors and mostly far-right scum.

In my city a lot of people want to fight the bus drivers and even had a few incidents where they try to stab them. All because of not wanting to pay bus fare.

I almost never do this. Am I a class traitor?

Almost on daily basis.

yes.

One time I was at an anarchist homeless camp thing and it started raining so it was time to get home, on my way to the bus stop I saw a homeless guy so I thought oh well instead of walk by I'll give him a few pounds, got to the bus stop and it was like torrential rain by this point, got on when it arrived and was like ok heres the money… ah geez i dont have enough

and the bus driver was like ok just go sit down mate, and I was like, my man

point being sometimes what comes around goes around, or whatever

I wish transit workers well whenever I encounter them, leaving by the front door of the bus to make sure I get in a "Have a good/bullshit-free week." whenever possible. Occasionally I'll start up a conversation with the driver and will inevitably shill Bookchin and the YPG because that comes as easily to me as breathing.

Bus drivers are beautiful people. Many where I live have transported the poor and homeless free of charge.

Good, I love driving like a fucking maniac and going fast. It's like being allowed guns. You may be able to use them responsibly but I probably won't and I love that.

Sometimes I even chat with them.

No I don't. I'm too much of a sheltered middle-class sperg to say things to people in the service industry when I don't have to

Two to school, one home. The second section of the route is short. I transfer in the morning so as to not be late to class, but I just walk it in the afternoon.

I too live in the states. NYC, Seattle and San Francisco all have pretty good public transit.

You are a true comrade.

what are some good ways to strike up a conversation with a bus driver?

I prefer the alienation of a train.

How much you guys are patting yourselves on the back for having a few-seconds interaction with blue-collar people is hilarious

I always make sure to say thanks OP, I've had a chat with one or too as well

that's really hard to do unless, i usally say it when i go on the buss

Politeness is next to solidarity. I always thank my bus driver.

this tbh

courtesy is bourgeois you imperialist dog

Fuck off. I like the guy who drives the bus I take, His name is Rob and I've been trying to get him more involved in union politics while he tries to get me to be more confident with the ladies. The fact that you even differentiate him as a "blue-collar person" rather than just a person tells me all I need to know about you.

I'm rather meek and usually just nod.
I'm also some kind of pseudo-lumpen dropout so it's only on rare occasions that I opt for the bus over 10 mile walks.

Wait, why did I sage?
I'm totally ok with bumping this one.

I just say Good Morning because it feels like the right thing to do?

No and bus drivers in my area get paid 50% more than what I make and they get to sit on their ass all day. Fuck 'em.

I've noticed this, too. Righties love their exclusionary labels. "redneck" is one of them. Makes it so if you are a Northerner, you'll never be buddies with a Southerner. It's inherently divisive when righties use terms like this,… prob 99% of the time.

Nah, some (mostly old) people do that, but I'm young, a Londoner and ride the upper deck and sit at the back of the bus with my feet up listening to Skepta without earphones so fuck politeness.

You really can't exist without a car of your own in Burgerland, can you?

It's also the classic "if you're a rich communist you don't get that poor people hate communism and you're an elitist prick" vs. "Oh, you're poor and a communist, obviously just jealous and resentful and want to steal successful people's money."

They try to frame so no matter who you are you've always got an ulterior motive, when most people don't have ulterior motives in their politics, and are a response to material conditions and human decency. I talk to the bus driver because I like him, if I'm on a bus elsewhere I probably won't talk so much because I don't have a relationship with the guy.

It's smug condescension, and a rejection of the solidarity and good will necessary for the left to cultivate.

Probably, I don't know. I've lived in the New York Metropolitan region all my life.

Outside of major metro areas? No.

New York's got a high population density and a buncha trains so it's a safe bet that getting from A to B's a lot easier than say in Phoenix or Houston where there's like 1 person for every square mile of the city.

They say the cities are built like that on purpose to stimulate the car industry and make you dependent on petrol.

I've also lived in suburbs of New York and never had any trouble with public transport; I do recognize that that's probably a unique situation.

As bad as the MTA is, it's better than nearly every other system in the world.

I dunno, Tokyo's is pretty efficient, but New York's is pretty good too. Prolly even better than London's cuz everything has it's own train station.

As packed as NYC cars can get, I've never experienced anything like I hear Tokyo's claustrophobic hell-cars must be like.

LOL I've seen that. At least they're apparently pretty fast.

I don't have public transport or a car and everything is far away. I'm going to die alone.

this

mfw I realize that I unironically agree with this.

perhaps, but if you were working class you'd realize how much relative importance people do actually place on gestures of politeness like this.

BAI BAI, DRIVAH!

Do you live in the UK?

Yeah. I work in the service sector and being treated kindly by customers makes my day a whole lot better

thanks for the ride cunt

fuckin A. I work retail part time, used to full time, and know exactly what you mean.

How did you get to be a bus driver?

Does it suck?

Please tell me they get stabbed.

So like a lumpenproletariat thug?

Come to my manor and say that fam not on web tings see what happens.

Had a shit day, ty for actually making me smile.

I always do after one of em got so angry that we didnt say hello that he did an angry rant for all to hear.

literally said thank you to the tram driver today because of this post

kek I actually saw this happen once. every time someone got off without saying thank you, the dude would yell at them "YOU'RE WELCOME" until someone actually did say thanks. dude was a prick tbh

Yes.

There WAS a municipal light rail service 90 years ago. But it was replaced with cars. The politicians refuse to bring it back. The republicans say "you queers just want more free stuff" and the democrats say "we don't have the population density for it, why not try a nice Uber?"

BITCH, OUR POPULATION HAS INCREASED LIKE SEVEN TIMES IN THE LAST 90 YEARS YOU LYING LIBERAL CUNT

This is what neoliberalism looks like.