Post your face when the Team Fortress 2 economy constitutes an active and observable hard-line refutation to the labor...

Post your face when the Team Fortress 2 economy constitutes an active and observable hard-line refutation to the labor theory of value.

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.valvesoftware.com/economics/
marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1865/value-price-profit/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, the LTV can only be refuted in a fictional world.

Wurm Online is like Bookchin's wet dream.

The economy within TF2 is far from fictional, it has users trading frequently for items in which they can apply to the pawns they use while playing the game. It isn't as if it's some story line premise.

/leftytrash/

How so?

The random opening of mystery boxes to gain hats is the same as finding random pieces of gold. You can't get the same result each and every day. It is random, and not a form of production, which can be tightly controlled and optimized. Therefore applying the LTV to this process is idiotic. Using this as a refutation of the LTV is even more idiotic. Go back to your cave.

You could have mentioned the current drug economy if you want to refute LTV, OP. Not fictional cartoons.

OP is underageb&

I had to read up about the hat economy and it's extremely fucking obvious the LTV applies here

So it's obvious that the more amount of labor hours you'll put in, the bigger the chance you'll get "rare" items that you can later sell on the market place. Obviously there can be fringe cases where a player games for two hours and gets the two rarest hats, but in the big picture what'll happen is only the people who play the most hours will have gotten the rarest hats. Therefore, these rare hats have a larger amount of labor hours in them, making their value higher on the market place than "common" hats that require less labor hours. Yaris Whateverthefuckakis had a blog about the hat economy, haven't read it but I'm sure many of you will find it interesting:

blogs.valvesoftware.com/economics/

You wanna try that again? Low effort.

Stop trying to taint vidya with your libertardian autism.

I guess lottery is a refutation to the labor theory of value too.

Read Value, Price and profit

marxists.org/archive/marx/works/1865/value-price-profit/

Sorry, but last time I checked, I didn't got random hats, weapons and crates dropped in front of my house.

And EVE online proofs that all free market economy degrades itself into corporate oligarchy and feudalism.

OP BTFO

Wait but doesn't a lot of playtime have to go in before the weapon drops occur which lead to the scrap which leads to the hats? Doesn't it take labor to create these hats and it is the fact it either takes like 80 hours of play or combining a hundred items to get one that causes its value?

I wonder if OP is even aware of how worthless weapon drops are.

Actually the economy system in dwarf fortress proved the opposite and it's a much better model of a real economy.