Marxism needs its New Atheist moment. We need to popularize it, force it into the conversation...

Marxism needs its New Atheist moment. We need to popularize it, force it into the conversation, and be such arrogant douches all the time that even those who hate us will feel compelled to study Marxism in order to properly debunk it.

Discuss.

New Atheism was insanely reactionary. We don't need numbers really. We just need a small movement that can seize a strategically important state and use it to spread communism while destabilizing capitalist economies.

You want us to be seen as annoying douchebags?

Haha you losers still thinking atheism will solve anything? Religion is atached to private property da sein, you will only get rid of it once the automation of work is absolute.
You better start reading bordiga, fucking moron

no thanks

kys

In retrospective, the new atheist movement was a post 9/11 liberal petit bourgeoisie american movement, product of the crises of liberalism. In the 00s people realised that liberal society had no actual values that could guide it and protect it against the threat of religious reaction. that's were reified 'science' and 'rationality' come in. The religious right moved away from the public radar during the socially liberal obama era. Atheists couldn't agree on the true meaning of liberal values so they embraced liberal idpol, alt right-'libertarianism' or just went home. the populist left movement should be aiming for something way more ambitious than that. We have to take the center stage of the narrative.

OK so what do you propose the movement be modeled after? OWS?

All I am saying is that recruiting the proles into a mass movement won't do anything. We need a revolutionary party. Once we have control we can then start educating the workers.

I suggest making a guest appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher, so he can tell you in only works on paper, than proceeds to make a joke about East Germany, then the audience proceeds to laugh, then you sit there hands crossed in a cuckolded state of shame.

This makes absolutely no fucking sense and you need to stop trying to adorn your phrases with terms you don't understand

New Atheism can only be understood in the context of the bush era religious right and 9/11. I don't deny millions of Americans latched on to the movement because they had bad experiences with their religious families, but even then some of the original NA leaders had other ideological interests. Christopher Hitchens shilled hard for Iraq II and Sam Harris still makes a living pushing neocon propaganda. Many aspects of the movement went mainstream, where incorporated into establishment ideology ie. The 'I fucking love science' mentality. The liberal cultural hegemony of the Obama era, which New Atheism laid the bases for in part, robbed the movement of its purpose. I don't deny it was hugely influential either.

Egyptian revolution is ideal, only went off track since the only group with a real gameplan after was an islamist one. In another country we could present a real alternative

New atheists being so annoying online literally drove thousands of relatively sane people running towards Pastor Anderson and other extremely fundamentalist Christian and conservative movements just as a reaction. In the early days of youtube, any pro Christian video would have had 500 thumbs down for every thumbs up, now it's the absolute reverse.

Protip: being an annoying douche isn't a good way to sustain a movement.

In a way, tankies were already the "new atheists" of communism

Wonder who's behind this post, Porky

Marxist atheism is the only really legit atheism. All the other mainstream forms of atheism are extremely spooked and usually fall for some form of racism or nationalism.

didn't the military overthrow the islamists after that?

We could feed, shelter, and give work to the poor and maybe that will bring people in.

just be an apatheist dude. I had a russian bud who told me about it. good stuff

The problem with atheism and it's attempt to be enforced is it creates more need for religion while itself becoming a religion.

The only way to get rid of religion is to get rid of capitalism and the need for a "higher cause" it creates, due to the living conditions it creates for the prols.

Thus, if you compare 50s US with modern US you'll see religion is actually in the rise, among lower classes, while the upper middle class is trying to force atheism down people's throat without understanding WHY people who have no alternatives in life need religion.

TLDR, force atheism and it'll become a religion.

Yes, and there's debate over whether this was because the military prevented anyone but the islamists from presenting a post-revolution plan in the first place to make their intervention more "necessary", but I maintain that under different circumstances and with better planning a real leftist alternative could have fomented early and curtailed the support for military intervention.

good thing we only have to force marxism, not even joking.

OP I get what you're saying, but you really could have picked a better example.