Thoughts on Hunting?

What’s /leftpol/’s thoughts on hunting? I like hunting when the person eats the meat and the meat and fur aren’t wasted and the spices isn’t endangered. However I hate it when Porkies hut for “sport” and just waste the animal.

Other urls found in this thread:

livestrong.com/article/487204-how-to-cook-fox-meat/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

hunting is fine, and where i live (Pennsylvania) its honestly a form of pest control, the deer here have no natural predators so they are everywhere, and they're honestly dangerous, they can total a car if you hit one

Hunters have a totally unfair reputation. In my country, they take care about the environment, help baby animals, regulate animal population and basically help to administer the forest. There are hunters publicly employed which are basically forest rangers and private hobby hunters, but they are getting the wall because they are porky, not because they are hunters. Even as a private hunter, you have to adhere to insanely strict regulations basically making everything you advantageous to the environment and the animal population. At least that's the situation in my country.

So long as you're not hunting foxes I'll turn a blind eye. I'm not big on it but it's something I can generally ignore provided you apply a few uncontroversial rules like "please don't shoot pandas they're endangered enough as it is"

I even don't-reject* Blair's argument that it's not a class thing. I'm just going to say no arbitrarily because fuck you that's what I want. Go shoot a deer.

*I that is to say, I don't care enough to verify for myself - so I do not go so far as to accept, I simply avoid rejecting it out of hand.

Why are faxes special? There’s nothing wrong with a prol hunting foxes to make a living. Foxes aren’t endangered.

Also poison kills much more foxes than hunting ever did.

A mish-mash of British reasons that don't even amount to the coherent reasons most British anti-fox-hunting people give, but simply because I feel like it. It's a whim. (It's very liberating to know that, actually. Sometimes there's a doubt - "do I believe in this? - not here.)

Also as stated, since I don't have the class justification I don't care who's doing it, just disallow it now. (Since both reform and revolution are postponed indefinitely, we can always say the practice will be eliminated by the time they arrive…)

It's not really about the foxes
(Although I mean, if we're going to apply "eat what you kill", can you eat fox? Can i eat fox? I know you can use them for fur and such, but eat it?)

livestrong.com/article/487204-how-to-cook-fox-meat/

There are cases where hunting is necessary because the apex predators were all killed and game populations won't control themselves, fucking up the ecology if you don't hunt them.

Also in rual areas hunting makes up a significant proportion of the meat consumed. It’s free (as long as you have a rifle and bullets) and it’s healthy. It’s by far the healthiest cheep food.

This is a very bad picture with english bourgs in it. Most hunting is done by working men.

I know the picture was of bourgeois.

idgaf animals basically exist only for human enjoyment anyway.

That is true, and wild meat has a very different quality from farmed meat that has a certain appeal. From the animals' perspective, dying from a gun is probably a lot better than dying from a disease too.

I fail to see any thrill by shooting dumb animals from a safe distance

I imagine it's like burning stuff. You just get pure irrational animalistic satisfaction out of destroying something with no consequences.

Its not you mong, the vast majority of hunters are farmers

It depends on the type of hunting.
If it is for pest control or if you legitimately live in the middle of nowhere and are hungry then it's fine.
But if you are killing just for the sake of killing then fuck you. Anyone who takes a life for no good reason what so ever should have his own life taken.

You will regret this reasoning when alien overlords finally reach earth start spouting the same bullshit about us.

If aliens are advanced enough to have mastered interstellar travel then have at it, they'll make better use of Earth than we do anyway.

I think that there is nothing wrong with hunting for survival, but doing it for fun is bullshit, and they even call it "sport", while all they do is go and shoot an animal that don't have any chance against them, it's like a professional boxer going out and beating people on the street and calling it a sport.
Also, at least in my country, vast majority of hunters are bourgeois, and this is actually a big part of their identity.
Still, I think that there is nothing wrong with doing it for survival, for example living in middle of nowhere, in Canada or Siberia and having to do that for survival.

Lot’s of hunting is for food, granted there’s other ways of getting food, however hunting is much healthier.

well that is basically caused by hunting too

And cheeper

You must be living in the USA, in Europe most people who hunt are bourgeois who pretend that it is a noble sport.

Yes but you can't wave a wand and make the wolves come back tomorrow.

Yeah, but couldn't they be reintroduced? I mean most people don't care about repairing the causes and they only try to repair the effects, but why wouldn't that be a good thing to do?

Reintroducing species takes a lot of time and co-ordination. Not that it isn't worth doing but there would still have to be hunting in the mean time.

That's why you can and should use bows and spears. Unless you live in a liberal dystopia that has banned spearhunting because some dude used a spear to kill a black bear.

But the Aliens are communists.

Bruh

To kill cattle and people who live close to those areas?

You just gave me such a good idea! After and during the revolution the religious, porky, and cuckservatives should totally get hunted for sport. Man, that would be a blast.

That would be fun.

Gulags should be safari parks.

Yes. Clearly where the USSR went wrong.

I give them about 2 weeks before being shut down because to many commie bodies turn up shot by their own gun.

Yes because bourgies have the power to teleport behind you.

How? We're not arming the hunted you twat.

wew lad

Why? Will the aliens change their mind if we are really nice to animals, or is it just that he won't have the satisfaction of having the moral high ground while they are dissecting him?

But if you had 360 revolutionary vision being able to teleport behind them would do no good at all, they can still see behind themselves.

And that's true btw.

Only people that have a problem with it are whiners. I personally don't like it but if it's reasonable and not for porkies entertainment it's okay.

Good thing I never said it was then, I said I didn't care
Also knowing that Blair regrets it with hindsight is another arbitrary reason to love the present legislation.

shit thread which achieves nothing

Am vegetarian, don't have a real issue with it. It's not any worse than eating factory meat, probably better because the animal has some freedom.