Zbigniew Brzezinski, National Security Adviser to Jimmy Carter, Dies at 89

Zbigniew Brzezinski, National Security Adviser to Jimmy Carter, Dies at 89
Zbigniew Brzezinski, the hawkish strategic theorist who was national security adviser to President Jimmy Carter in the tumultuous years of the Iran hostage crisis and the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan in the late 1970s, died on Friday at a hospital in Virginia. He was 89.

nytimes.com/2017/05/26/us/zbigniew-brzezinski-dead-national-security-adviser-to-carter.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PFhjNaHcmag
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Something weird about his biography. Apperently he worked under Stalin during the Great Purge but then was forced to emigrate after the conference of Yalta, because he couldn't safely return to Poland as it was given to the USSR? Doesn't that contradict itself?

Bump for polish reactionary porky

He was Szlachta even, a nobleman. These guys, making up 10% of the Polish population, have ruined Poland for good.

Is he well known and evil enough for a party or do we keep waiting for Kissinger?

They sold poland during the partition kek

Zbigniew created Al Qaeda to fight the Russians in Afghanistan.

wait for kissinger

He's Kissinger with a human face. At least Kissinger is openly disgusting in some Machiavellian way. I can respect that in the way I can respect Tywin Lannister.

But fuck those "liberal" neocon types.

He was really into Russophobia

Most poles have eternal butthurt about the Molotov-Ribbentrop-Pact, making them both massive russophobes and germanphobes, predestining to become Neocons (see Polish government and media today)

t. Captain Foresight

From the point of view of an architect of US foreign policy he was not wrong. No way in hell muslim fundamentalism is more of a threat to american elites than the Soviet Union was. Even today they're still preferable (from their point of viw, their logic) to secular and moderately left-of-center governments, and their policy on the region attests that.

Trotskyist scum.

rip in peas pepperoni and cheese

Good riddance to this atlantist, civillian-killing cunt.

t. Pole

youtube.com/watch?v=PFhjNaHcmag

Imperialist bullshit.

His worst crime was fathering this crone.

The grand chess board talks about how the key to maintaining continued American hegemony is preventing the emergence of any challenger in Eurasia. One significant thing that distinguishes Eurasia is the large amount of Muslims there, so American geostragetists decided to rile up Muslims (like the Afghan Mujaheddin) to weaken any potential rivals in Eurasia, ensuring the continuation of American hegemony in this century. The American elite still basically agrees which is among the reasons they continue an Islamist policy.

He indirectly murdered hundreds of thousands, even millions of Afghan civilians. Good riddance.

good riddance and i hope he suffers in hell

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ZBig was actually right about many things (from the point of view of a bourgeois imperialist geostrategist)

In many ways moving from him to Neoconservatism was a major mistake. He was strategic and clever while the Neocons were just sledge hammer types who didn't understand subtlety.

Holy shit so this guy is responsible for the weird pseudosexual banter I have to listen to for hours on end every morning

he actually has some interesting takes:

on the US financial system:

on income inequality:

on the US education system:

on US infrastructure:

on political polarization:

from what I have read of his book(s) so far it seems he basically thinks the world will go to shit with instability if the US isn't there to lead. I think he actually supported trying to get Russia and Turkey into the "West" at some point but that is obviously never going to happen now and probably never was going to happen considering Russian resentment of the West.

Let's hear it for the victims of the victims of communism

I'm Polish and living is pain