If you could go back to 1936, would you have fought for the Spanish Republic, comrades?

If you could go back to 1936, would you have fought for the Spanish Republic, comrades?

I think I would've. Maybe it sounds a bit boastful but I think it was a noble cause.

Other urls found in this thread:

counterpunch.org/2017/05/10/the-extremists-did-win-in-france/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like to think so but then I'm not in Rojava now so..

This, basically. I honestly don't know enough to want to go fight with the Kurds. Death is real and I wouldn't want to die for something I didn't understand or relate with. I would say the Kurdish situation is much more complex than the Spanish Civil war.

Also: counterpunch.org/2017/05/10/the-extremists-did-win-in-france/

Nope, I'd have zero faith it would go anywhere even if they did somehow win. The best they could hope for is being an isolated Soviet client.

Just like Yugoslavia :^)

kek

I'd go to warn Hitler instead of the zionist influence in Britain, and tell him not to trust Russia.

You cheeky motherfucker

Lol no I would know for a fact it would only last 3 years and that I would get round up and killed at the end by Franco.

To be honest, I would have probably fled to France.

I would have fought for the actual communists, not opportunistic bandits who were largely put together as an excuse to rape nuns and slaughter random innocents.

Do you have a singleicious satisfact to snack that up

I'm from Portugal, so probably.

A 3-4 hour car ride beats getting on a plane to Iraq and learning two other languages.

I wouldn't, because I've found many reasons not to fight in Rojava.

Please elaborate

It is believed that communist militias killed more of the clergy than the anarchist militias fyi.

Yes

Acyuly, I would Join Franco, become a comander, and purposely give his troops bad orders.

You should become a 4D chess player because those are some seriously slick moves.

I'm leaving it open for you to look into it as there is not clear numbers to back these sort of things up.

That's a nice way of saying "I haven't done any research"

Let's be real, the clergy deserved it. The Catholic Church worked hand in reactionary glove first with the royalists and then the fascists. If they didn't want to pay for it, maybe they shouldn't have stood in the way of freedom for working people.

you're thinking small time
tell franco you're a time traveler from a future where he loses, then help him win by making him do the opposite of what he did in our timeline

Knowing that Spain will lose? no. I'd book it to Yugoslavia and give Tito a bunch of specifications for the RPG-7 and AKM and a buttload of industrial technology.

If I was just an average joe born in 1914? I don't know, depends what I would be reading at the time. Given that I tried to join the SDF twice (lions of Rojava ~2 years ago, YPG-international recently, got to the final steps but they told me not to come at the last moment due to circumstances outside of my control), I'd say I probably would go there, had I the money.

You'd be lucky to catch Tito at the time, precisely because he was travelling all over to try to smuggle people into Spain to fight against Franco.

That guy's life was an adventure.

I have done my research and I found that, due to insufficient amount of information of where and how the clergy were killed; it is difficult to outright say which side did more of the killed. However, as I pointed out, the general consensus is that more of the clergy were killed outside of Catalonia and Aragon than within it.
Instead of accusing me of not doing any research; how about you give your own findings that prove the contrary?

only if i could get a qt spanish communist gf