How do Bookchinites feel about him now? That their role model was just another porky?

How do Bookchinites feel about him now? That their role model was just another porky?

Antiimperialism was a mistake.

>What is so disquieting about many persistent attacks on Israel is that they help to completely obfuscate what is really a "core problem" of the Palestinian people. This abandoned people is being used in the most unconscionable manner by the Arab states to conceal deep-seated economic, social, and cultural problems in their own lands and in the Middle East as a whole.

His point is that other MENA powers have opportunistically manipulated the crisis in Palestine for their own gain and that you aren't going to magically disappear the Jewish people living in the region.

I don't see an issue with this and I certainly do not see how any of this relates to being pro-capitalism.

Do you magically think MENA people can do no wrong?

hey look its another episode of Leftists getting unusually worked up over the a particular ethno-state while shillling their own ethno-state! neat!

Dumb strawman and it isn't senseless when you read the idea behind it

Because Palestine was an ethno-state before Israel right? Dumb Antideutscher

Which is what?

They don't care.

Bookchinites here are weird creatures. They have probably never even finished one of his books in its entirety, which is the only thing that could possibly explain the reiteration of the same points and repetition of the same memes, but they still act like the guy was some type of cult leader whose words can't be wrong. Once you press them on his positions regarding Nicaragua and the Middle-East for example, they'll just adhere to neocon narratives about how those regimes had to be toppled or how they're not worthy of being defended, instead of admiting he might have been wrong. Then you get the screeching about how silly anti-Imperialists as (coming from the pro-Imperialist eco-anarcho-communalist, or something). It's always amusing to see how much you can push an anarchist into right-wing positions to justify their horseshit.

But that's the true nature of all more-radical-than-you Anarchism. It's a cynical abstentionism with a facade of radical politics, a perpetual I-told-you-about-states-man safe zone free of moral judgement and free of being held accountable for anything, because you don't attach yourself to anything.

You aren't acknowledging any points in the piece posted. Did you even read it?

really makes you think
wow its almost as if there is a connection between….nevermind Holla Forums doesn't deserve any analysis. :^) antideutscher that's weird. What do you mean by that? I am totally ignorant of why a tankie would bring that up in a thread about ISRAEL? So odd, please explain :^) I'm at a loss.

This

Also, compared to pretty much the entire rest of the Middle East, Israel really isn't that bad.

He is talking about Bookchinites not the OP.
Its semi related.

I know the purpose of this thread is to troll memechin fags, but this is just stupid.

Supporting Isreal over Palestine definitely makes you a piece of shit, there's about as much "nuance" in that situation as apartheid in South Africa or Native Americans in the US.

Did you read the article? Where is it wrong?

Bookchin said alot of bullshit throughout his years, but but seems like buthurt idiots like you are the only ones expecting Communalists to defend every word of his because they follow a similar ideology.

Also there is no virtue in attaching yourselve to capitalist conflicts you have no interest or part in.
Your whining is extremely silly given that Communalism leads to a clear agenda in the here and now, its not abstentionism at all.

I read that shit when it was posted in another thread, I'm not addressing it but Bookchin and his followers' behavior in general.

Not really. Just comes across as someone I'm assuming is an ML, because of their instinct to lash out at anarchists, complaining about Communalists who haven't made any of the arguments they are painting them with in this thread. They're trying to start a fight without acknowledging the piece in the OP.

I don't support modern S. Africa at all its a fucking hell hole with the highest murder and rape rates in the world (or at least that hemisphere)

I also don't support an imaginary ethnostate for Arabs. Among a sea of other ethno-states for Arabs. Nor do I think anyone who supports Palestine doesn't want huge amounts of land, wealth seized and then huge numbers of Jews killed or exiled. Which is disgusting and unworthy of discussion. Just as its not worthy of discussing any other kind of ethnic cleansing.

Anarchist here (actual anarchist, not an-cap or retarded """"left anarchist"""), communalism is absolutely degenerate and retarded and I've no respect for Bookchin whatsoever.

So much for the meme that Leftcoms actually read. That wasn't the point made in Bookchin's article at all.

I think Bookchin makes it pretty clesr that he doesnt have a solution but hopes for an equitable deal where Jews and Palistinians life side by side in the region. Most of the article is about the fact that the ME is not just shit because of Israel and that there are no angels in thd conflict.

I wasn't refering to Bookchin, I was refering to the user who argued that "anti-imperialism was a mistake.

Oh I thought that this was a pretty obvious quib against the sadly pretty common madness among the antiimperialists in regards to Israel. I think antiimperialism is fine as long as you keep some common sense.

If you tried to stop a child from being beaten by a soldier this guy would accuse you of being a brainwashed statist

Agreed, this is why MLs are retarded, they support pretty much anyone or anything that claims to be anti-West, but I don't really think Israel deserves much sympathy user. That doesn't mean I support Islamic militant calls to genocide Jews, but criticizing the Israeli state and hating Jewish people are two completely different things, and using the specter of anti-semitism to block all critiques of the literal genocide of Palestinians which has been taking place for close to half a century now, it's more then a little ridiculous, and Bookchin does it constantly in this article. By playing the "both sides are bad" card you inevitably just implicitly support whichever group already holds a position of hegemony, this is why I mentioned South Africa, it was a common argument to distract people from the reality of apartheid by pointing out that the anti-apartheid movement engaged in armed struggle, that they were "terrorists" who hated whites. I think supporting Israel makes about as much sense as supporting White Nationalists in any other settler colonist situation.

You don't have to be a Maoist to read Fanon and CLR James and to know the bare minimum basics about colonialism and settler colonialism.

Bookchin seems to apply everywhere the same logic as people who ask "aren't both sides bad for being violent tho?" whenever anarchists get beaten up by neo-nazis.

Was Bob Black possibly right?

He's correct though, and I don't even like Bookchin. I'd like to see someone actually respond to this piece instead of screaming about their strawman anarchists. I seriously doubt this is going to happen though

Bookchin was a jew so of course he'd support israel

Many Jews don't support Israel

The point of the comment wasn't to claim ALL jews support Israel but to say that he has a racial interest in supporting Israel

Then why didn't you write that retard

i did

No.

yes