Can you name just 1 thing in society that doesn't reproduce capitalism?

Can you name just 1 thing in society that doesn't reproduce capitalism?

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/business/2015/02/over-300-businesses-now-whitelisted-on-adblock-plus-10-pay-to-play/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There are quite many but they aren't the driving forces of current society.

My hijab.

Indian Naxalite Moaists

suicide innawoods

Piracy of course. Pic related is unironically true from the perspective of our theory.

there is only one thing that does not reproduce capitalism:
strangling your wife to death

user pls

the goods you "pirate" are produced by capitalism

the entertainment industry is richer than ever

Strangling my cat and burying the body where nobody will find it.

Dipping my penis into a glass of orange juice

Correct, but isn't reproduction of the capitalism happening only in the case of a person who bought it? At the moment of pirating nothing applying to capitalism like value exists.
Not thanks to me though.

OP's faggotry.

Well, most of the things online being ripped by original copies, especially the very obscure stuff, and not leaks, it is kinda required that someone buys it. as for leaks, I wouldn't be surprised if someone who is trying to sell the product leaks it himself, i.e. the member of a band. Hell I know I would. Piracy is good advertising, it's just that movie/music companies aren't wise to this yet.

unless you share it…
also a lot of websites that host pirated content use ads.

I agree, but I'm thinking if we should try to look at it from the perspective of two stages. Whereas the first stage of purchasing something is be its very nature reproducing capitalism, the stage of piracy does not, since the pirated thing does not exist as a commodity anymore.
Perhaps, but we're still talking about the actions of the individual, if he's so blinded by the ideology he will pirate and buy it later because "supporting the authors :)", then I can't do much about it.
But wouldn't that apply only if I did that for money?
Good thing I have ublock.

OP posted on this site, thus having his faggotry datamined by Jim who will sell it later.

which is essentially why i'm pro piracy.

you're not supposed to do anything about it, the fact is that in order for piracy to exist, a framework is needed that will render the actions we talked about possible.

I was thinking about the lines of "other person listens to it, wants to buy the original thing". Also remember that technically p2p is sharing even if you're not hosting the file.

is it better than adblock? a lot of ads slip past it these days.

You're doing it wrong

take it to Louis, that's what he did

the man had severe psychosis and PTSD, leave him alone. It also doesn't help the fact that he died alone, and in isolation.

Glad we agree.
Then it boils down to the ideology rather than the piracy itself, no?
Definitely, adblock has sold out, nobody should use it anymore.
arstechnica.com/business/2015/02/over-300-businesses-now-whitelisted-on-adblock-plus-10-pay-to-play/

Everything reproduces capitalism in the last instance, but the last instance never comes

t. Althusserian

Itt: buying is capitalist.

Also, do the cases of Althusser and Poulantzas prove the failure of Marxist thought?

You got it backwards, Althusser struggled against the eurocommunist revisionist tendency, the blame for the "failure" of western Marxism must be placed on the communist parties themselves and their leaderships.

Why the FUCK did Foucault stop being a gommie, wasn't he close with Althusser?

people have been buying things for thousands of years?

Market exchange, in one form or another, has indeed existed for millennia, but its ascension, manifested through capitalism and its symptoms like wage labour and such, is a relatively recent development.

found your problem, you can't create anything within the domain of the culture industry that isn't subsumed by it and then sold/marketed back to you.

But if you go outside the entire thing or if you re-purpose, reverse engineer and bypass it, you can avoid partaking in it.

P-pics or didn't happen

y-yes, that's literally how civilization began.

Anime.

you misused the culture industry.

NazBol

Marbles, toothpicks, and jackie Chan- FUCK!

But we've only had ATM machines for 50 years

Piracy means you are fine with being paid less by your employer b/c you can still access 'circus' for free. + consuming what you pirate allows you to be satisfied with your life + it gives the illusion of 'rebellion' which makes teens feel edgy, without actually doing anything.

Best post so far. How do you go 'outside' of society? You bring up culture, are you referring only to going 'outside' the superstructure?

Are you suggesting 'innawoods'? If you are - that just seems to me like a steam valve, that allows anyone too extreme for society to be self-banished, thereby getting rid of any threat they pose to capital.

Onanism.

I never heard about their interactions, but havong read buncha Althusser and some Foucault I'd imagine the two hating eachother. Hell, Althusser hated Sartre as well. He was friends with Lacan.

:( tfw you'll never roam around Paris making and breaking alliances with Althusser, Foucault, Lacan, Sartre, Baudrillard, Godard and all the leftist french cutes

"Civilisation" began with agriculture according to most anthropologists

fuck off

If anything, they only strengthen it and further reaffirmed their value in the realm of theory.