Every time I listen to John Denver's song 'country roads, take me home' I cry

Every time I listen to John Denver's song 'country roads, take me home' I cry.

Does this make me a reactionary?

I just love the South and the mountains and it reminds me of creek fishing with my granddad as a kid and I know it's retarded to feel close to where you live because spooky nationalism but goddamn.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RIv5NiKD9GI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Those aren't nationalistic feelings you dumb goof

This is why you actually study philosophy instead of bite-sized meme gotcha shit.

you don't know shit, now go take a walk near the mountains cause you need it.

I don't even know what reactionary means in this context, but I know that Chairman Mao Zedong used the word a lot so I'm afraid you'll have to go on vacation to Jarule Stalin's Fyre Festival.

Loving the earth and natural beauty is not nationalism.

It's heavily intertwined with it though, since nationalism isn't about nation but about place.

Nigga, you can like where you live and not be a nationalist.

Place is basically irrelevant to nationalism. How can Holla Forums be NATIONALISTS if they've never left thier basement?

The cover version they used for Whisper of the Heart is the best tbh.

youtube.com/watch?v=RIv5NiKD9GI

to not be a reactionay nationalist you actually have to live in a different tropic every other week and have no opinion about whether you like it or not

It's where the romanticist origin of nationalism lies, blood and soil.

I didn't mean this a condemnation. Emotions and sensations that shouldn't be denied to any of us aren't under monopoly by approved ideologies.

What a beautiful version, thanks for sharing.

This land it my land

It's a good song, OP.

what the actual fuck?

This, the land itself is ingrained into nationalist ideology.

Motherland and fatherland, blood and soil, aren't used for no reason.

Loving the land is not inherently nationalistic, but it is an inseparable part of nationalism.

Its ok user, I too secretly love songs like this and tear up when I hear them. I also secretly love hearing the National Anthem being sung well with lots of vets and working class people in attendance taking it seriously. All of these thinks are spooked, but they make me happy so I don't think there's much wrong with them.

I like this song about the people who literally killed reds in the Finnish civil war, its a good song and stirs that hidden inner patriotism

What is patriotism?
What is the natural tendency to care for those most near you and the group you belong in?

Bullshit. Loving music and nostalgic feelings are way older than that bullshit.

Be a little fucking pragmatic and read OP here. It's fine to love old southern music and feel warmth from those kinds of thoughts.

Nothing nationalist about them. Let's not *actually* be the leftist thought-police, shall we?