This is your brain on Protestantism.

Other urls found in this thread:

thedollop.libsyn.com/257-the-orange-catholic-riots-live-in-ny
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shankill_Butchers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piazza_Fontana_bombing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Aldo_Moro
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

don't be butthurt

when talking about the troubles and northern ireland on a broader level people try make it out as if "eh both sides were as bad" but ulster loyalists are some of the most disgusting, reactionary and hateful fuckers out there. no, both sides were not as bad. settler colonials are fucking disgusting.

loyalist paramilitaries during the troubles almost exclusively targeted and killed civilians. disgusting cunts.

Maybe at creating worse and worse forms of Christianity. Only saving grace out of that whole strata are the Anabaptists and the Arminianists pre-1800

Sorry la Anglos are superior x communism hasn't worked as well as we would want as it's never been in an Anglo country

Just joking with ya lads the Irish are alri'

exactly what are they mad about? spooks?

Catholics literally worship human beings in the form of saints.

Your dogma is shit, your pope is shit, and your child fucking priests are shit.

Uphold Marxism-Lutheranism.

This.

I'm hardly a big fan of the IRA but Ulster loyalists militias deserved every last bit of what occasionally blew up their sorry asses.

assravaged papist detected

lmao, all the catholic nations were eating shit while America and Britain's living standards rose exponentially.

It's not like god even exists anyway.

it didn't have to be like this

thedollop.libsyn.com/257-the-orange-catholic-riots-live-in-ny

Great episode of The Dollop featuring some of the Chapo guys. They talk about how stupid Prots are.

this tbqh I coe from a catholic country and having to deal with the retardation is really sad. Cucktolicism is truly the most stupid christian sect

What else is new? These are the people that gave us capitalism.

that's nothing

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shankill_Butchers

best of both worlds lads

Catholics are just pagans in disguise. The only ones who actually care about religion are the ones dressed with funny hats and wedding gowns.

Protestants, on the other hand:

They should apologize for Muntzer and Pruystinck.

> The Dublin and Monaghan bombings of 17 May 1974 were a series of co-ordinated bombings in Dublin and Monaghan, Ireland. Three bombs exploded in Dublin during rush hour and a fourth exploded in Monaghan almost ninety minutes later. They killed 33 civilians and a full-term unborn child, and injured almost 300. The bombings were the deadliest attack of the conflict known as the Troubles, and the deadliest attack in the Republic's history.

> The Ulster Volunteer Force (UVF), a loyalist paramilitary group from Northern Ireland, claimed responsibility for the bombings in 1993. It had launched a number of attacks in the Republic since 1969. There are allegations taken seriously by inquiries that elements of the British state security forces helped the UVF carry out the bombings, including members of the Glenanne gang.

For fuck's sake…

I love the Irish.

Yeah, welcome to the 70's terrorism in europe. It's all like that.

Was it really that bad? I'm interest in some examples, I don't really know much about that part of European history.

You see the problem with catholicism is exactly that it's absolutely NOT about religion. How is this a problem? It's a problem because catholicism is entirely based upon institutional power: this is really clear when one looks at the correlation between mafia and catholicism in southern italy. How can the people in mafia/ndrangheta/wathever criminal organization be also a fanatic catholic? They are precisely because it is a system entirely based around the notion of religious caste, which goes along very well with the power caste of organized crime.
In catholicism for example you have to respect the absolute power of your superiors, and if you are a simple believer outside of the world of priesthood you have basically no valuable opinion about your own faith and you can't decide anything.
This gets very sad because a lot of small religious town center all of their life around the catholic institutional spinoffs (like catholic educational places) where normally you get brainwashed into being a classcuck, since it's good for the curch, for the state, for the corporations and so on.
Actually the church is exactly a corporation, it has a bank, it sells products, it owns private property and all that shit. The fact is that it can afford to seem more laid back is because a lot of people believe in it without partecipating because they are so surrounded by catholic faith that they become christians almost passively.

NO

I always spam strategia della tensione ("strategy of tension") in italy. It was basically years and years of terrorist attacks from both the far right and left but predominantly the right. Years later many prominent political figures of the time admitted that most of them, especially the far right attacks, were basically cointelpro to be sure that the people kept voting the centrists (Italy had the largest communist party in europe and there were a bunch of remnant fascist from WW2, even people in power like judges). A lot of this was enginereed by the US too, since Democrazia Cristiana was buddies with them.

This is one of the first attacks:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piazza_Fontana_bombing
It was by a far right movement called Ordine Nuovo (New Order. Don't know why they chose this name, as this was Gramsci's journal name, but they probably had some bullshit reason for it); the cops unjustly arrested Giuseppe Pinelli, an anarchist, who wasn't involved in it and threw him out of a window. They later said that he killed himself.

This one's probably the most famous one: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Aldo_Moro

Moro was part of a Democrazia Cristiana faction that wanted a compromise ("compromesso storico", historical compromise) with the Communist Party. He was kidnapped by Brigate Rosse and was held prisoner for months. It's been widely speculated that Andreotti, another DC member, and the secret services knew where he was, but never intervened. He was later killed.

I actually agree, user. Which is why I said catholics are pretty much just pagans.
The catholic clergy is great at adapting to whatever situation, that's why we've had milquetoast popes since second vatican council.
This in turn creates conditions for people to not really believe in it. I will concede that the situation in south italy is utterly fucked (thank capital), but it's not like that everywhere. I'd wager the reason a lot of catholics are not zealots like the protestants are is exactly because the church is such a monolithical organization that you simply can't take seriously.

anyway, pic related is catholics being retarded to show that i'm in good faith.

You are very right only I would add that imho the driving force behind true catholic faith can be probably found in the third world/poor countries where they are less exposed for the absolute scam that they are (for example I remember that reality tv show in ecuador if I remember correctly where a partecipant was publicily shamed for being atheist). Southern italy has become just a cruel alienated reality at this point.
Really not defending protestants, in fact I'm really surprised by this thread because I thought that only american protestants where retarded.
Also, about the terrorism attacks, I think I'll never stop reeeeeeeeeeeing for the killing of aldo moro.

the troubles weren't about religion

One day it will be over, user. It's been like this since 1861, but we'll set it straight.

Oh, they've been like that since the very beginning. Martin Luther was such a huge status quo supporter that the only explaination for his reform is that he was actually a loony… and he totally was. He wrote fanfiction about himself farting in the devil's face, unironically. Then you have John Calvin saying that everyone's predestined to either go to hell or heaven, but you still have to work every minute of everyday to please god… Just in case. They're nuts. I don't support the catholic's repression, but they're still fundamentalist nuts.

And you shouldn't, comrade. that's a very important part of our history and we still don't know the truth.

You know, a lot of extremists back in the day hated Moro and Berlinguer. I wish I could ask them what they think of our situation now.

Lol have you ever even read Aquinas?

You know a thing that I really hate is how in the milan hinterland the retarded rethoric of "fash" vs full caricature tankie is still alive, it's like they really never learnt anything about history whatsoever and just circlejerk their petty game of fake politics.
>He wrote fanfiction about himself farting in the devil's face
kek didn't he sperg a lot about jews too

read the rest of my post.

the doctors of the church have nothing to do with contemporary catholicism, much less with what he was saying. and their philosophy is pointless navel gazing

To think that the city is full of workers too. Crazy.
But the times are indeed troubling, even stalwart places like piedmont, tuscany and bologna are fading away. Let's hope things get better.

not sure but it wouldnt surprise me

He didn't have anything against Jews at first because he assumed the only reason they had not converted to Christianity yet was that no-good Church. When he found our they surprisingly still wouldn't convert after he tried to talk them into it, he sperged out and wrote a spin-off to his main fanfiction series which he subtly called "Of Jews and Their Lies".

Karen ruined that whole show for me.

kek

pumb

How is Russel a consequentialist?

Nice try Tadg O'Donovan

It's in the anglo blood dude

nietszche confirmed nazbol

>tfw you don't even remember Northern Ireland exists 90% of the time because it's basically literally another country and you're lucky enough not to live around loyalists who want to import the NI conflict here.

*genocides you*

what