Sports

What's your favourite sport to watch and/or play, Holla Forums? Also post comrade athletes ITT.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4537859.stm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

masturbating

That's not a sport. It's a scholarly pursuit.

I don't really watch sports nowadays, I used to watch cycling sometimes though. My favourite sports are running and cycling, although now I try to focus rather on bodyweight exercises to get a bit stronger.

I really like football/soccer. It's a great sport to watch and I like that it is something that is extremely popular internationally and anyone can afford to play it as long as they have something to use for a ball and landmarks to mark a goal.

MMA, the purest form of sport imho. I'm also a fighter myself, planning on my first amateur fight in six months

Enjoy getting brain damage for the entertainment of energy drink loving rednecks.

Watched the Tour de France last year, m8?

I'm interested in archery, but I don't know where to start.

a bit, although I was never that much interested in professional cycling , it was rather that I enjoyed watching it after getting back from a nice ride

I'm thinking of training a martial art, more for discipline than amateur fighting. What's the best thing for a 25 year old fit dude to go for?

I'd say Krav Maga if you can find a place that isn't full of larpers, and/or BJJ.

What about Muay Thai? There's one fairly close to me.

I hear Systema is also good if you like Krav Maga, the Dutchfags here should be able to get trained in it.

I haven't tried Muay Thai or Systema, but Muay Thai really looks like fun tho.

S O C C E R

I only watch football

Football and boxing are the only truly proletarian sports.

That Liverpool feel

Understandable. Going for a nice comfy bike ride is sublime. But I do enjoy the comfyness of the big tours and the threads on /sp/.

No one has posted the GOAT.

I really like dota2

I'm with you on that. As far as I am concerned, ice hockey is the undisputed king of all team sports from a viewer's perspective. Saves can be as spectacular as goals. Everything happens at full-speed. Scoring opportunities can happen out of nowhere in no more than a couple seconds. High-speed collisions are all a part of playing defense. When certain guys start getting dangerous, other players take it upon themselves to beat the shit out of him. If a guy goes down hurt, it's because he's actually hurt. The crowd is expected to be a bit rowdy. Rink-side seats are an absolute blast.

R U G B Y

American from the bible belt and I enjoy rugby and hockey. When I showed it to my friends they were not fans even though they enjoy the "violence" of football. I was actually pretty surprised they weren't a fan of rugby though.

I never liked any kind of sport till i found the strongman competitions

I unironically love to watch and play tennis

Its the most aestheticly pleasing and patrician sport there is. Nothing comes close to a hard serve and a low volley to win the point

soccer

Snooker is more patrician, imo.

I only like motorsports and paintball I guess, do those count?

Been playing and coaching handball all my life

It's kind strange here in Denmark how everyone who played 30 years ago were/are manual labourers, but every kid who plays now is a kid of liberal academics

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4537859.stm
Based Javier Zanetti and Cristiano Lucarelli

same

im interested in traditional archery, the one with wood bow and arrows
and im also interested in shooting guns
sounds cool

Why can't you watch it irl? No tennis courts near you?