Daily News Thread 5/2

FBI translator married Isis recruiter she was meant to be investigating

An FBI translator traveled to Syria to marry a former German rapper turned Islamic State recruiter she was supposed to be investigating, it has been revealed.
theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/02/fbi-translator-syria-rapper-isis-islamic-state

China demands ‘immediate’ halt to THAAD deployment in South Korea

Beijing has called for an immediate stop to the deployment of the US Terminal High Altitude Area Defense (THAAD) anti-missile system to South Korea and is ready to protect its interests, according to the Chinese Foreign Ministry.
rt.com/news/386828-china-thaad-south-korea/

Venezuela's President Maduro calls for new constituent body

Amid continuing anti-government protests, Venezuela's President Nicolas Maduro has called for a new constitution.
bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-39775092

15k sexual assaults were committed in US military in 2016 – Pentagon report

A new report from the Pentagon has revealed that there were around 14,900 sexual assaults in the US military last year, ranging from groping to rape. The majority of those who reported such incidents faced retaliation.
rt.com/usa/386840-sexual-assaults-us-military/

Jordan Edwards shooting: Texas police change account of death

A Texas police department has changed a key detail in the shooting of an unarmed black teenager, amid mounting calls for the officer to be arrested. Jordan Edwards, 15, died after an officer fired a rifle into a car that was driving away from a house party in the Dallas suburb of Balch Springs. Police initially said the car reversed "aggressively" towards the officer, but footage discredits that claim.
theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/02/dallas-texas-police-shooting-jordan-edwards-moving-car

Belgium urged diplomats to vote for Saudi Arabia in UN women’s rights commission – leaked emails

Leaked emails show that the Belgian delegation was instructed in advance to vote for the appointment of Saudi Arabia to the UN Commission on the Status of Women (CSW), and to make sure its support was known to the Saudis, UN Watch reports.
rt.com/news/386817-belgium-leak-saudi-arabia/

Tomahawk missile strike on Syria was ‘after-dinner entertainment’ – US commerce secretary

The 59 Tomahawk cruise missiles the US launched against Syria last month was just “after-dinner entertainment,” which “did not cost the president anything,” the US commerce secretary said, while President Trump called the attack a “tough decision.”
rt.com/news/386792-us-strike-syria-dinner-entertainment/

Protesters throw Pepsi cans at police during May Day demonstrations

A May Day protest in Portland has been shut down after demonstrators threw full cans of Pepsi at officers, with one hitting a medic, according to police in the US city.
theguardian.com/world/2017/may/02/protestors-troll-pepsi-by-thowing-cans-at-police-during-may-day-demonstrations

Erdogan threatens to say ‘goodbye’ to EU as official warns Turkey won’t be joining bloc

Turkey will say goodbye to the EU if it refuses to “open new chapters” on its accession into the bloc, President Erdogan has stated. It comes after an EU commissioner said Ankara’s actions and policies have made it impossible to meet EU criteria to join.
rt.com/news/386843-erdogan-turkey-eu-membership/

Fox News co-president Shine resigns as harassment scandal rumbles on

Bill Shine, co-president of Fox News Channel, has become the latest executive to resign in the wake of a sexual misconduct scandal at the cable channel.
reuters.com/article/us-fox-shine-idUSKBN17X296

Bitcoin soars above $1,400 to all-time high

Bitcoin surged to an all-time high above $1,400 on Tuesday, after more than tripling in value over the past year, with its most recent rise attributed to strong demand in Japan, where the digital currency has been deemed a legal means of payment.
reuters.com/article/us-global-markets-bitcoin-idUSKBN17Y12R

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/op-edge/386820-trump-syria-north-korea/
prospect.org/article/war-facts-hits-prescription-drug-regulation
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/chicago-restorative-justice-court/524238/?utm_source=feed
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/05/late-capitalism/524943/?utm_source=feed
vice.com/en_us/article/the-filipino-drug-war-is-flooding-this-funeral-home-with-bodies
counterpunch.org/2017/05/02/the-economics-of-the-future/
stalkerzone.org/resident-odessa-region-faces-10-years-jail-selling-soviet-flags/
theguardian.com/world/2017/may/02/protestors-troll-pepsi-by-thowing-cans-at-police-during-may-day-demonstrations
yournewswire.com/dnc-forced-bernie-out-court-transcript/
jampac.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/042517cw2.pdf
nytimes.com/2017/05/02/us/politics/ivanka-trump.html
wsj.com/articles/trump-adviser-jared-kushner-didnt-disclose-startup-stake-1493717405
politico.eu/article/mike-pence-israel-embassy-move-jerusalem-donald-trump/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

OP/ED

‘North Korea’s true crime? It’s not completely dominated by the US’

There’s a plan in place with every US presidency to topple the government in North Korea because – like Syria – it’s not completely dominated and recolonized by Washington, says Daniel Shaw, a public affairs expert and professor at the City University of New York.
rt.com/op-edge/386820-trump-syria-north-korea/

The War on Facts Hits Prescription Drug Regulation

The FDA's authority was under legal attack even before Trump. Now the agency faces a triple threat.
prospect.org/article/war-facts-hits-prescription-drug-regulation

Should Communities Have a Say in How Residents Are Punished for Crime?

A new “restorative justice” court in Chicago will test this idea, by soliciting broader input on how offenders can make amends and stay out of jail.
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/chicago-restorative-justice-court/524238/?utm_source=feed

Why the Phrase 'Late Capitalism' Is Suddenly Everywhere

An investigation into a term that seems to perfectly capture the indignities and absurdities of the modern economy.
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2017/05/late-capitalism/524943/?utm_source=feed

The Filipino Drug War Is Flooding This Funeral Home with Bodies

People are jockeying for fresh corpses in the brutal vigilante campaign launched by the strongman Donald Trump just invited to the White House.
vice.com/en_us/article/the-filipino-drug-war-is-flooding-this-funeral-home-with-bodies

The Economics of the Future

counterpunch.org/2017/05/02/the-economics-of-the-future/

TYBNewsAnon2.0

Top kek. How will they ever recover? Is he going to start his own EU, with kebabs and polygyny?

Love finds a way, as they say

i miss rachel

White women can't resist the BBMuslimC

I know, where is the guy who did these? I don't want comic sansfag doing them.

why do all the good drawfags tease us then leave us? it sucks

He's just going to flood the EU with the millions of Syrian refugees he's been holding back.

Because capitalism commodifies art, and they realize niche subcultures of leftists weeaboos are not profitable.

This is amazing
Except for the fact they probably paid for those cans

You're forgetting the popular strategy of using niche communities to build a base to break into more mainstream areas.

Sometimes you just have to do what feels right.

she was kicked out of reddit for being excellent by association so if that's the case i think she messed up

Everyone gets kicked out of reddit. She only got kicked out because someone from her reported her for catgirls being woman hateric and as usual the mods were too beta to question it.

Thats the way i see it

that was a fun couple of days

What level of chess is this?

>counterpunch.org/2017/05/02/the-economics-of-the-future/
This is so fucking good.

Some slowpoke news (apparently, haven't been posted).

10 years of prison for selling Soviet flags:
stalkerzone.org/resident-odessa-region-faces-10-years-jail-selling-soviet-flags/

sounds like they need liberators

Annie Lowrey is such a qt.

That is one hell of a broad category. Considering that half the military is fucking the other half I am surprised that the number is that low.

Relax. This shit happens every year.

Groping is sexual assault, fam

Court Documents Reveal DNC Forced Bernie Out To Appease Hillary

yournewswire.com/dnc-forced-bernie-out-court-transcript/
jampac.us/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/042517cw2.pdf

I have no idea if this was posted in the past couple of days but this story is being completely ignored. I can only wonder why…

FUCK

thank you for this! I keep forgetting to manually add updates on the case because none of the usual sites I frequent for the daily news have been covering it.

Is that actually what the lawsuit is about? My understand is it's more about all the other legal things the DNC did to rig the primary against Bernie. It would be amazing if people are actually fucking fighting election fraud (which did happen) for once though.

nytimes.com/2017/05/02/us/politics/ivanka-trump.html

Trump's such an alpha male that he lets his wife run the government

*daughter
I keep getting his wife and daughter mixed up lol

No, it's groping. Groping is not inherently non-consensual nor is it anything akin to rape. What is with this urge to collect numerous disparate concepts under one sensationalist umbrella?

European reactionaries are abusing the radical feminist definition of rape.

Unsure TBH

Please tell me Holla Forums is sperging out over this
Look, US imperialism aside, I genuinely pity the people who live there.

For the FBI, it was a catastrophic betrayal. For the German rap scene, it was Tuesday.

I'm a member of a group that sponsors education/training for legal professionals on restorative justice, like drug courts. Trust me, even experimenting with that court is a good thing.

NewsAnon, you're doing a fan-fucking-tastic job anyways. I look forwards to your threads everyday.

She was an ugly 30-something career woman who was probably charmed by third world male behavior (i.e. normal male behavior prior to American capitalism.)

thanks

Jared Kushner didn't disclose business ties to George Soros, Peter Thiel, and Goldman Sachs, or that he owes $1 billion in loans

The top White House adviser and son-in-law of Trump failed to identify his part ownership of Cadre, a real-estate startup he founded, which links him to the Goldman Sachs Group and the mega-investors George Soros and Peter Thiel, sources told The Journal.
wsj.com/articles/trump-adviser-jared-kushner-didnt-disclose-startup-stake-1493717405

L O L

rapefugees am i right

where has catgrill drawfag gone? :(

She started pandering to nazbols so she had to be eliminated.

Pence: Trump considering moving US embassy in Israel to Jerusalem

Vice President Mike Pence said Tuesday that President Donald Trump is seriously considering moving the U.S. embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem — something he pledged to do as a candidate that would nonetheless prove controversial.
politico.eu/article/mike-pence-israel-embassy-move-jerusalem-donald-trump/

The mad men are actually going to do it. Wew.

Which was?

Why is this important? Help out a dumb fucker.

moving the embassy to Jerusalem will piss off every muslim on the planet and probably start another mideast war.

Good. FULL ACCELERATION

Having the America embassy be in Tel Aviv is an accomodation to Palestine

If the American Embassy in Israel is set up in Jerusalem, that sends a message to Palestinians (and to the entire Muslim world, really) that the USA now considers Jerusalem to be complete Israeli territory

FWIW, I don't believe they'll actually do it. I think it's just lip service to the neocons and Israeli lobby

She realized that pandering to leftist weaboos isn't going to pay her bills or look good in her resume, so she dropped the political catgirl series. I don't blame her personally.

And that, kids, is how I met your mother.

But if it is, it's sexual assaults you fucking retard.

go to her twitter and send her "I miss you, drawfag" every day

Except for,
This time it was just capitalism and having to make a living.

Add to that, the fact that Hamas said "ok, Palestinian State with 1967 borders BUT Jerusalim as Capital".. and then this happens.