youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never change, ancaps.

we've got the latter down already by Musk et al. are working on the former

The game is bad

youtube.com/watch?v=LmS9vcVNr5A

also

really makes u think

Actually, it can be pretty fun. You can make a living as a pirate in a syndicalist commune.

do you realize that a a videogame is a cluster of rules dictates by the nature of the game itself?

Sounds about right.

It doesnt.

This is literally a trait of feudalism

Explain…

Let nibble that bait.
Constant warfare is your idea of a working system?

Ancap won't work because you need a state or institutions acting as a state to protect absentee ownership of property.

Look into mutualism or left-wing market anarchism. Markets don't have to be capitalistic.

Guilds are called corporations. IIRC, you can set the tax rate to 100%, putting all wealth into the commune. Then, set up a democratic vote for buying/producing ships, use those ships to yarrrrr from other corps, mostly ransoming big ships you find or taking out small stations.

In any case, I ran around as a pirate fighting other pirates and making a living entirely off of pvp. It was fun, up until CCP decided carebears simply wouldn't have to deal with other players in a MMORPG.

With no state you can't enforce NAP nor can you stop people from forming their own communes.

WTF IM A ANCAP NOW

I don't think even Hoppe himself wants to stop people from forming their own communes. His le physical removal quote is pre-phased by something like "in a covenant that wants to uphold private property".

Of course ancapistan would work. It's basically feudalism with extra tech to supress your serfs.

The only reason EVE still works is because of public NPC infrastructure and heavily policed hi-sec space, and the devs periodically intervening in order to update the universe or unfuck things that they players break.

Is hoppe Nazbol?

Hoppe is such a retard. How is a covenant not a state?

humans vs orcs

They are literally fighting a war about anime
that doesn't seem to be working to me m8

Goons have an irrational hatred of all things anime for some reason.

So, it only works in a video game. Why are you here again?

Second one is an unfair representation of weregild. It's meant to prevent the chain if "get killed by my neighbor because I killed his cousin because he killed my dad because he killed his uncle because he killed his nephew and this had been going on for 80 years" with "and then someone paid the blood price and that was the legal end of the matter."

I really want to jump in and help provibloc and otherwise defend anime, but I don't want to relearn the game and have to look for some shitty corp to join. I wish there were a Holla Forums corp.

EVE is a great example of how ancapism can only result in a dystopia.

Games are supposed to be fun. Not repetitive grindfests run by cartels of neckbeards.

why is it even a thing?
why are people such masochists?

why gulags work?

Some people find repetitive fuckfests run by cartels of neckbeards fun

great non-argument

It's a game, dude. Whether it's fun or not is the only argument that matters.

repetitive grinding is the opposite of fun

great non-argument

The gameplay itself is fairly boring, but there is some excitement depending on what you're doing. It's more of a social experience with corp politics on top of everything. I feel like I get more out of EVE just reading about what's going on in the game rather than playing. I feel like my time is better spent on non-MMOs and I'd prefer an action MMO with a similar game design.

it is objectively true
humans don't like repetitive tasks

ha

Then why do we keep coming back to Holla Forums for the same repetitive discussions and bait?

I agree. Still, some people like it.

If someone enjoys mining imaginary resources for other strange people who really enjoy that more power to them.

Woah I didn't say I think it's fun, I fucking hate EVE, but some people like it and I don't really care about some games being made for those people, can't be all things to all people.

You can't do anything relevant IRL due to being poor as fuck and having no real rights.

You try to escape into imaginary world, but it has no real meaning, unless some sort of artificial scarcity exists there to provide illusion of achievement.

Consequently, you spend time and effort (grind) to get at least this illusion of being relevant - by possessing something others don't have.

I.e. your work IRL is alienated to the level that working in-game has more meaning.

Personally I find grind relaxing. I use it to meditate and to keep my hands busy when chatting with people or listening to podcasts.

t. JRE brainlet

Do you really grind just for the process?

Now, I'm not saying you can't get any satisfaction from some repetetive tasks (people had been using prayer beads since forever; though it also has a certain illusionary accomplishment thing going), but would it change anything if you grind not in MMO, but in solo game that resets all results of your grinding?

Doesn't matter if it is single or multiplayer though I guess I prefer the latter because I can chat with people. Probably wouldn't do it at all if I didn't have podcasts or other shit to listen to. ADHD I think plays into it because I can't just sit still and listen to a podcast unless I'm driving.

So, why aren't you jogging and listening to podcasts?

I listen to music when I jog.

lmao

You mean like how leagues in Diablo and PoE work?

the 'naz'-part yes 'bol' not so much
sage for ot