Agree to a budget that keeps government funded through September

MASTER OF THE DEAL

Sh-shut the fuck up you lefitst cuck, i-it's 11th dimensional snakes and ladders…

At this point I'm wondering if he's not a slick entryist Moderate Democrat who just knew, from watching Fox News constantly, how to push Real America's buttons and say all the right dumb shit they love

How the fuck did this happen? Repubs have the majority on both houses.
what the hell is going on?

A third of the Republicans won't vote for anything less than the complete dismantling of the federal government, and a further third actually want to run the country, these two groups can't agree with each other so the budget ends up needing to be Dems+Sane Republicans+The Last Third Who will vote for anything R leadership tells them.

Since all the blame will go on the Republicans if a budget isn't passed, Dems effectively have all the power.
This is the same way Nancy Pelosi kept bush from privatizing social security.

oh god it really is Obama's third term

A good part of the repubs dislike Trump because they think that he is too "liberal" on some matters

Also the "grab em by the pussy" scandal pissed off a good part of them including Mike Pence and that Ryan guy

that's a fake quote dumbass

There's also Republicans from the "blue wall" states whose constituents voted for Obama in 2012 who thought they were getting a better health care deal and jobs with Trump not the Heritage Foundations government-by-numbers plan.

He's the supreme opportunist.
Watching this reality show star shit all over the flaccid Republican establishment in the primaries was glorious.

What did he mean by this

If he really wanted to, he could have the DoD build some sort of defensive structure on the southern border.

Will right wingers turn on him, or just cheer him on as partisans the same way the Dems did Obama despite him turning on them?

Not without budgetary approval from Congress.

He's done some major zig-zagging but I think the hardcore support just does not give a fuck about anything he does.

I thought maybe they would turn on him because they were pretty fast to go after the less aggressively retarded republicans during the Tea Party movement, but I guess that's easier done when they didn't have power.

Strictly speaking I believe it's technically legal to move funds around within a department without needing congress's go ahead.

The fuck is this even supposed to mean? We have a pair of clownshoes for a president.

This is why the idea of a president being able to push forth some radical new agenda is always fucking ridiculous.

The system is specifically designed to maintain the status quo to the greatest degree possible. The only time great changes happen is when it becomes a socioeconomic necessity (e.g., The New Deal, Neoconservatism, Reaganomics).

Yeah, things will mildly shift in direction (almost always in the favor of big business), but anyone who thinks Trump will be able to enact huge, sweeping changes that challenge the establishment is fucking insane. The establishment makes the rules, it's not gonna let them work to his favor.

It's a good lesson for the Berniecrats who are convinced that Bernie would be the greatest president ever.

That's actually mad illegal.

So he's not literally Hitler after all and bending the knee with all kinds of compromises with democrats? Disappointed tbh

Maybe antifa can stop beating up geriatric white guys in maga hats now, it was all a big misunderstanding.

Everyone I've heard that was convinced he'd be able to use the bully pulpit to try to get congressmen who don't play ball replaced.

'he' isn't making any compromises with democrats because he's not part of Congress. Congress is passing a budget and he's pretending it was all part of his plan.

He could have been Hitler if the US economy was doing poorly.

That's the frightening part. Not that his rhetoric might actually be implemented, but that it was capable of getting him elected.

He has been so subsumed that Holla Forums has diverged its attention to larper skirmishes

It really was

I take it Bannon has been reading to him from an Andrew Jackson biography at bedtime. Good news is that he made some noise today about "wanting to break up the big banks"

He could pass single payer tomorrow and most of his voters would give a fuck as long as he kept jawboning about Mexicans and Muslims. Recent polls show the lowest-earning Republicans all warm to the idea of government-insured healthcare

He gave them permission to stop eating total Porky ass and it was like a collective catharsis for them. (Still gotta whip up the nativist frenzy though)