If I should act in my interests...

If I should act in my interests, then becoming a communist isn't in my interests because I'd just become a cynic who sees ideology and capitalism everywhere with no hope of a communist revolution bringing solace.

So if communism is acting in your interests as a worker, and being a communist won't do so, then wouldn't the proper marxist thing to do be not being a communist?

Other urls found in this thread:

thegigantic.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Heidegger-Age-of-the-World-Picture.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

that's a very cute anime girl right there.

Basically you want a blue pill?

is a blue pill any worse than a black one honestly?

Yeah basically, there never was a spoon anyway so what difference does the color of the pill make?

You don't have to be a Communist for communism to be inevitable. I even made a acap tell me this today.

But you can be a communist in the most vague sense, ie. wanting a society free with for-use production, without being depressive. And frankly, as long as you aren't an obnoxious anti-communist (ie. anti-ML), who cares. Support us when times comes, and until then try ignoring the reality of capitalist societies.

What has been seen cannot be unseen.

Problem is that you guys all seem like really one-dimensional people who can only view things through marxist functions.

Recently I saw a thread about abandoned malls, and it was all about late-capitalism this, neo-liberalism that… regardless if it's true or not, I don't want to be so limited in my being in the world.

Leave tbh. Good call on your part.

communism is as inevitable as the resurrection of Our Lord Jesus Christ

What seems more likely to be inevitable is a recreation of the ancient Greek society except with robot slaves instead of human ones while the proletariat has been killed off by the bourgies' robot armies.

So what do you want to see when you see an abandoned mall? I mean, this is a leftist board, we're not going to analyse it's architecture…

It's there whether you want it or not. May as well understand it.

I'm sorry society's mechanisms are not as fancy as you wish.

That still counts as communism, actually.

The first comment was intended as more of a joke, but never mind.

PS. that would be communism, but not brought about by the proletariat but the bourgeois.

So what is an abandoned mall from a capitalist perspective other than a place that wasn't profitable or not profitable enough?

The dogged pursuit of profit is why it is closed. Marx wrote about how capitalism works, he didn't write a book detailing communism.

So, reality isn't in your interests?
Why? It's up to you not to see hope of revolution or work towards it. There is no such thing as the end of history.

Am Anti-ML and Leninist, though.

That's not how it works for bourgies. They need workers or there is no profit. If there is no profit, they are not bourgies.
So, what you are saying, is, decrease of population, automation… hmm.. sounds like a communist utopia to me…

Avoiding reality isn't in your self interest.

Sorry for the confusion, I meant that "anticommunist" practically only have problems with ML's, and then just conflate them with all communists.

I don't want to walk through it and relate myself only to it through marxist functions, I quite like abandoned places, because they say nothing, they just are.

Yes, but I feel there's so much more, and whenever I read something by a marxist it's like they lost the part of themselves that lives in the world, instead of analyzing it through a marxist formula.

I know a guy who's brilliant at mathematics, recently he has become psychotic because he calculated everything he saw, when we looked at a bird, he calculated it's trajectory, he lived purely through numbers, and it destroyed him. I think this is why zizek seems like a methamphetamine user.

Like the trajectory he calculated was correct, so might you be, but that's not the point.

It is, we only see it in filtered glimpses, I don't want to limit the little I experience even more.

Yes it is. No state or boarders, no class or whatnot, no moneys and you own the means of production with countless others dwindling your stock to penny and people vote constantly on all issues like a copy of reddit or the youtube comments sections everything will be decided by most "upvotes" and like reddit mods if you are using leaders of commune. It is a utopia.

the self-interest thing is bullshit unless you live in a complete shithole of an area of the world

most of the time, even if you are exploited, your immediate self-interest is among the lines of "do what you can to better your situation, mind your own business". long term self-interest is more complicated, but it gets into game theory and huge assumptions if you want to really make that appear the better pill to take in teh name of self-interest

communism needs class-based solidarity and a longing for an overall better future (or a future at all)

t. Christfag

also read/watch Zizek if you want leftism without political blinders.

I've got the perfect solution to your interests right here, kid.

They are living more in the world than most because they are analyzing the material reality of the world we live in.

What is the point?

dubs checked but sadly yes

however people are till pissed off at the upper crust and the widening socioeconomic divide despite the fact that even the poor in first world nations are very well off and not starving to death like even middle class of the poor countrys. globalism makes this even worse for any community attempting communism will turn to the ruin if try as the upper crust will just pack bags and leave to canaryaporezerland kongonoco who will gladly welcome them and their moneys.

human greed is unending this will not change in post scarcity and communism i know but i want greed for dreams

Ok, but you can enjoy the aesthetics of abandoned places, while also realizing wwhy they are there, why they were built, etc. Knowing sometimes doesn't force you to apply that knowledge, after all.

Also, isn't that basically what you're doing right now? I mean, you are conscious that you're applying some kind of a marxist analysis, at least in the sense that you know something isn't quite right. But in the end I wouldn't get some fetish in my way of trying to understand the world.

he really should read Zizek, actually

Zizek has precisely made a point out of appreciating abandoned places and waste and whatever, I don't remember whether it was in a book or some of his movies, though. And in general, Zizek doesn't tell you to deny your enjoyment of whatever. he enjoys Rammstein because it gives the fascist aesthetic without the content, and so on.

Adam Kotsko is also worthwhile (his three books on modern television and such in particular: awkwardness, creepiness and psychopaths). Analysis does not stop you from enjoying the works: you will simply understand why they are enjoyable, why they are like they are.

STIRNER'S IDEAS AREN'T ANCAP FRIENDLY REEEEEEEEE

sent to gulag
they are not. ancap ideology require private property laws

Source is Kiss x Sis, watch the ova's alone. For obvious reasons,

le typo faec

Nah, I'm not interested in a sterilized ego. Ego death more like.

Not really, they are analyzing.

This might explain my point of view.

thegigantic.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Heidegger-Age-of-the-World-Picture.pdf

The point is that you become over-rational, like the math genius who can only see calculations when he sees movement.

That is the question. I'm already plagued by obsessive thoughts, I don't want more of them, and from what I've read here and other places, they seem to be very hard to avoid when being a marxist.

I did read some zizek and watched some of his lectures on youtube, but when I got past the "hey, this guy sounds like he's on to something" feeling, I felt like it was all charismatic bullshit that he gets a pass for because few people understand lacan well enough to be able to get a grip on it, sort of like the people who use all sorts of terms from quantum mechanics in their theories.

That's not what Stirner's Ego is at all. Really Einzige is better translated as "Unique One," which is more like the Hindu/Buddhist Atman.

Why would you limit, by understanding why things are as they are? And I mean in terms of socioeconomics, not in terms of the universe.

Anyway, what exactly do you expect reality to be, so you can "accept" it, or something.

I know, it is undefinable, so whatever issue someone has with it is wrong, because it's not what stirner meant with ego.

Which is the opposite of egoism.

I would limit myself because I would come to see things as expressions of class relations, capitalism, ideological state apparatus etc..

I would gain a deep misstrust of everything, as if they are merely holographic imagery.

This is my main issue with marxism, the great misstrust and absolutism.

I don't understand how you're getting this. By ignoring the material reality of these things you are creating "holographic imagery".

This is why you should read more Zizek. The default, "clean" way you see things is actually the holographic imagery.

Put the anti-ideological glasses on and you may temporarily see past it. But there's no denying the holographic imagery: it can be critiqued and changed, but it stays in some form, always.

Tbh I don't see your point, you can analyse things without letting it obstruct how you live your life. You might be better equipped to actually pick something good with some critique, though. I don't think most leftists, radical or not, keep on the glasses all the time: but we are on a leftist board, so we won't exactly discuss how much we enjoyed that nice coffee or trip to a abandoned factory here.

That's got to be one of the most inane things I've ever read.

Okay, so what you're saying is that you don't like worrying about things and because of this you don't feel you could be a marxist. That's okay, most people who are alienated and uninterested aren't going to end up wanting to become interested in politics, especially not to the degree seen here but you do have to admit that that's what you're doing. You like not having to think about things, it's nice to just live in the moment and not fear tomorrow.