Why are Zapatista municipalities so ignored ?

I can't find any informations on how do Rebel Zapatista Autonomous Municipalities work (are the means of productions owned privately, does police still exist there, etc…).

Other urls found in this thread:

mexicosolidarity.org/
mexicosolidarity.org/post/2014/september/escuelitazapatista
enlacezapatista.ezln.org.mx/
roarmag.org/magazine/why-we-still-love-the-zapatistas/
solidarity-us.org/site/node/4135
youtube.com/watch?v=8muTV5oXDkE&t
counterpunch.org/2014/01/23/neo-zapatista-autonomy/
roarmag.org/essays/chiapas-rojava-zapatista-kurds/
rzsud.org/material-de-la-escuelita-zapatista/
intercontinentalcry.org/free-zapatista-textbook-now-available-english/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's communalist. Basically assemblies control everything, and businesses are organized as cooperatives.to my knowledge at least

I've got a couple books on the zapatistas I can dig up and try to find something out about this on

I haven't read them all the way through I just needed them as source material for a paper I was writing on NAFTA

Why is there so few informations about it ?

That's anarchism. Stop trying appropriate stuff. Just look at the flag ffs.

mexicosolidarity.org/
You'll need to do a bit of sifting through their "News & Analysis" section, but it's there. Troves of info on the cooperatives, assemblies, and other structures.
mexicosolidarity.org/post/2014/september/escuelitazapatista
Here's a start.

Communalism is just Ancom or Ansyn called something else because Bob Black and the post left were insufferable faggots.

I'm pretty sure that laws aren't abolished in Communalism. I think Bookchin explained somewhere why he wasn't an anarchist.

They aren't in anarchism either. Read up on it instead of listening to edgy fags.

Monitoring thread.

Can you read spanish? If yes then try their website: enlacezapatista.ezln.org.mx/
There were kinda big some time ago outside Mexico, so there are bound to be books on the subject in english. Most of the info I can get is in Portuguese.

I can believe this actually. Modern day anarchism is shit so it needed rebranding.

American anarchists can be lame sometimes, but euro anarchists are pretty based

You're telling me fam. Normies think it's no rules man, post-left are cancer and think this as well, and ancaps are fucking retarded.

EZLN didn't do nothing wrong because they almost didn't do anything
i totally support them, but they just don't move

Their territory is devided in multiple almost independent regions based out of the larger settlements. Each region runs their own administration in different ways and collectivly owns the means which are organised as coops. Some regions have use lottery systems or rotational systems to staff their administration with the clear goal to involve as many people as possible over time.

Ideologically there is a clear similarity to anarchism and communalism but they base themselves more on Marxism than the traditional anarchist thinkers afaik.

Chiapas is tiny, 3rd world-tier and non-english speaking so it's not surprising that they draw little attention.

Can the Zapatistas just proclaim independence already and bring back Los Altos?

Why are American leftists so much more obsessed with Rojava than the Zapistas when the latter are both much more easily aided from a geographical standpoint AND more likely to survive?

Could it be American leftists don't want to do any real work?

I would say it's because Rojava is currently at war, and it's precisely because they're less likely to survive that they need the most support at the moment.

No, when Trump drives Mexico down the shitter: the EZLN will spread in the chaos that follows.

Dumping material I know deal with how stuff is done in the Autonomous municipalities:

roarmag.org/magazine/why-we-still-love-the-zapatistas/

solidarity-us.org/site/node/4135 (this is has a lot of info)

youtube.com/watch?v=8muTV5oXDkE&t (1st video of 5 about the caracoles (larger regions where the autonomous municipalities are organized). Spanish needed, but the videos
offer pretty unique insight).

counterpunch.org/2014/01/23/neo-zapatista-autonomy/ (about the escuelita, among other things).

roarmag.org/essays/chiapas-rojava-zapatista-kurds/ (comparison between Rojava and Chiapas)

Also for those interested here is the material of the escuelita in Spanish:
rzsud.org/material-de-la-escuelita-zapatista/

and in English (the translations are far from perfect, unfortunately):
intercontinentalcry.org/free-zapatista-textbook-now-available-english/

Communalism is just Ancom or Ansyn applied practically and not just from an armchair

Are these pictures of snails ? Do the zapatistas use a snail as there symbol ?

bitch in the other thread everyone is shitting on how communalism and bookchin are just a bunch of non-commital handwaving with no theory, and here niggas sayin it's practical?

Si, caracol. It's an expression equivalent to "man" in some parts of Nicaragua ("como anda, caracol?" = "what's up, man?"). It might be something similar in Chiapas, although maybe not.

Communalist praxis in its most basic form is just democratically organising community wide and creating confederations. There is more to it but thats the basic thing. Triggers the shit out of tankies though.

OK. It's kind of funny because it is also the symbol for degrowth.

Don't forget study groups

It says "slowly but we advance"
So there's also that.

So you can have praxis without theory and also Holla Forums is multiple people with different opinions?