Freeze peach

Is “free speech” the #1 “human right” (I know, spooks)?

Trying to wrap my head around the liberal mind.

Freedom of speech even being a thing is pretty debatable, since the state will find an excuse to suppress speech they don't like regardless of what the law says. Still, freedom of speech is pretty fucking important if you don't want to be arrested for being a commie, and you'd be an idiot for not fighting for it.

I don't know if it's #1 but it is pretty fucking important. I like expressing my beliefs and opinions without being bumfucked for it and I don't want to sacrifice just because I don't like other people saying annoying or "offensive" shit

Absolutely this.

its not freedom of speech unless you can tell your boss off

Marx was a free speech absolutist.

As long as you don't influence enough people to be a danger to the bourgies, you are free to say whatever you want, in liberal democracy.

yes to freedom of speech
rights are a spook
need freedom of speech to call things spooks

Freedom of Speech for now, but when the arbitrarily dated pseudo-religious political apocalypse comes it's gonna go bye bye and we'll have our ideal, utopic pseudo-religious paradise for Communists only.

You're bad at this Holla Forums

It's what I see from all political viewpoints.

no its the right to cheat on your wife with your underling at work, and then go to a gay pride parade with her to make-up and then getting cuckholded in the bedroom by a BBC bull as punishment; all the while your trans son (female) stages protests at the local farmers market for not stocking properly shaped produce for her and her BF (Female)

same here

If I can't say nigger, I don't want your revolution.

That's alright, because with politics you can create your own personal church with its own scripture and beliefs. You can schism from larger political opinions and create sects and orders as you wish.

Give me nigger or give me death

"We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you."

Freedom of speech can only be protected by force. It's an ideal that has no basis on reality.

It is in my self-interest to not come to harm as a result of the views I may express.
It is in the self-interest of each to not come to harm as a result of the views they may express.
Reneging on this at the policy level or even creating/allowing an ad hoc exception inherently creates a highly abusable mechanism that only bootlickers can defend in good conscience. Besides, in this world material is fundamental to ideal, so any form of "good governance" you can obtain by policing the material and the ideal, you can also a fortiori obtain by policing the material uniquely. While "good governance" has in practice always been an expression of class rule, and sufficient justifications on the basis of class interest are easily able to supersede the state's proffered "rights," as mentions, this argument applies without loss of generality to whatever project of "governance" we may institute in a post-class world.

tl;dr stupid dumb liberal scum

No, free speech is at least #3.
#1 is the right to end your own life.
#2 is the sanctity of the mind and the freedom from non-consensual mind reading/alteration.
I'd be tempted to also put freedom from suffering as #3, pushing freedom of speech down to #4.

The same is true of all other rights, including your right to not be violently raped with a chainsaw.

I'm in favor of oddly specific rights

freedom from need motherfucker

right to private property

It is hard to define "need". It's much easier to have a blanket freedom from suffering which should include every significant instance of need.

Right to be oh so incredibly funny.