Politicians move to bury Lenin on centenary of revolution

Russian Communist Party rails against ‘scoundral’ authors of controversial Bill

Many Russians believed Lenin should be laid to rest in accordance with Russian Orthodox Christian traditions, said Vladimir Sysoev, a member of the pro-Kremlin Liberal Democratic Party and one of the authors of the proposed legislation. The timing and manner of the burial should be decided by a government commission.

archive.fo/XQlnc

Burn him. Worshiping a corpse is spooky as fuck.

You killed Rosa so you sure know a thing or two about corpses.

Nibba you JUST WORSHIPED A CORPSE, what am I even TELLING YOU THIS STUFF FOR??

LENIN LIVED
LENIN LIVES
LENIN WILL LIVE FOREVER

lmao typical central asian bullshit

lmao

But you're supposed to abhor it.

This

Our hypocrisy is better than yours. And I mean that completely sincerely, because fuck Nazis.

He should be buried. He'd never have wanted to lie there for the sake of some weird hero cult and tourism.

Unless they're dumping bodies into the water supply or some shit that will have social effects, this is spooky as fuck and you should stop wasting your time being concerned about it. Lenin the man is long dead; Lenin the idea and legacy lives on.

They can't do this. Lenin's body must remain intact so he can be resurrected when we have the power to do so.

This but unironically

Somekind of atheist burial would be perfect.

Don't you have to go kill Rosa

They probably should bury Lenin, but not in accordance to orthodox traditions, fuck them.

They should turn him into a puppet to scare people away from bolshevism. Save a future generation from being brainwashed tankies.

I know that it's just symbolism and it doesn't really effect anyone negatively, but it's really bad symbolism. Millions of people died for the revolution, but this one man is venerated above the rest? It's completely antithetical to the goal of empowering the masses.

Indeed, but this is issue is not about Lenin itself, is about a struggle between Liberal agenda to diminish and belittle the Communist positions and the Communists to defend our legacy.

Lenin should be buried properly, I agree that what it was done to his corpse was barbaric and literal idolatry. But he must be buried by us, the Communists, in our terms. We cant let a fucking Liberal decide how our most important thinker and leader get buried.

This is a fight over symbols and pride, and an important one.

GEG

Why can't this be real

Its long past time for him to be buried or cremated and doing it on the centenary is nicely symbolic but keep the church out of it.
Either give him a secular state funeral or just give him a nice simple monument he would've appreciated.

Liberals want him buried both figuratively and literally. Fuck that shit.