Daily News Thread 4/25

US nuclear sub docks in S. Korea amid reports of massive artillery drills by North

A US nuclear submarine armed with guided missiles has made a port call in South Korea, while Pyongyang is reportedly holding massive long-range artillery drills amid muscle-flexing in the region and rising tensions between Washington and North Korea.
rt.com/news/386076-us-nuclear-sub-korea/

ISIS once ‘apologized’ to Israel for attacking IDF soldiers – former Defense Minister

Tel Aviv remains so “neutral” in the Syrian conflict that even Islamic State terrorists have on at least one occasion “apologized” to Israel for mistakenly attacking IDF soldiers in the occupied Golan Heights, according to a former Israeli Defense Minister.
rt.com/news/386027-isis-apologized-israel-golan/

Suspected Maoist rebels kill 24 soldiers in India

Suspected Maoist rebels have killed at least 24 paramilitary commandos and wounded six in a remote part of central India in one of the deadliest attacks of a long-running internal conflict.
theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/24/suspected-maoist-rebels-kill-24-soldiers-in-india

Turkey hits Kurdish areas in Iraq's Sinjar, northeast Syria

Turkish warplanes carried out airstrikes on Tuesday against suspected Kurdish rebel positions in northern Iraq and in northeastern Syria, the military said, in a bid to prevent militants from smuggling fighters and weapons into Turkey.
apnews.com/4e4743b9cab1404b8b5464302982d63f/Turkey-hits-Kurdish-areas-in-Iraq's-Sinjar,-northeast-Syria

Chobani Sues Infowars' Alex Jones Over Video Tying Refugees to Rape

Chobani LLC sued right-wing conspiracy theorist Alex Jones over a video posted by his Infowars website linking the Greek yogurt maker’s practice of hiring refugees to an unrelated assault in Twin Falls, Idaho, where the company operates a plant with 1,000 employees.
bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-25/chobani-sues-infowars-jones-over-video-tying-refugees-to-rape

Netanyahu cancels German FM meeting over Israeli rights groups row

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has called off a meeting with German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel, Netanyahu’s spokesman said. The cancelation is reportedly due to Gabriel’s plans to meet human rights groups critical of Israel’s actions in the West Bank.
rt.com/news/386086-netanyahu-meeting-gabriel-cancel/

Ontario plans to launch universal basic income trial run this summer

The Canadian province of Ontario will launch a trial run of universal basic income with about 4,000 participants this summer, making it the first North American government in decades to test out a policy touted as a panacea to poverty, bloated bureaucracy and the rise of precarious work.
theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/24/canada-basic-income-trial-ontario-summer

Premature lambs kept alive in 'plastic bag' womb

Scientists have been able to keep premature lambs alive for weeks using an artificial womb that looks like a plastic bag.
bbc.com/news/health-39693851

China bans religious names for Muslim babies in Xinjiang

List of banned baby names released amid ongoing crackdown on religion that includes law against veils and beards.
theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/25/china-bans-religious-names-for-muslims-babies-in-xinjiang

Israeli teen accused of 2,000 bomb hoax calls and blackmail

An Israeli teenager arrested for allegedly making bomb threats against Jewish centres in the US is facing charges relating to thousands of hoax calls worldwide, including against airlines and police stations, according to an indictment filed to a Tel Aviv court.
theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/24/israel-michael-kadar-jewish-centre-bomb-threats

Housing’s Echo Bubble Now Exceeds the 2006-07 Bubble Peak

monetarywatch.com/2017/04/housings-echo-bubble-now-exceeds-2006-07-bubble-peak/?doing_wp_cron=1493135699.1710579395294189453125

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/op-edge/386097-awarding-saudi-arabia-chair-womens/
rt.com/op-edge/385961-mosul-syria-terrorism-isis-us/
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/breitbart-cant-convince-a-committee-to-let-it-cover-congress/524217/?utm_source=feed
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/media-bias-in-favor-of-the-rich-or-famous-candidates/524187/?utm_source=feed
boingboing.net/2017/04/24/what-do-south-koreans-really-t.html
monetarywatch.com/2017/04/housings-echo-bubble-now-exceeds-2006-07-bubble-peak/?doing_wp_cron=1493135699.1710579395294189453125
bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-25/trump-s-sanctuary-cities-order-blocked-by-federal-judge
redantdream.com/?portfolio_archive=badang-song
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

OP/ED

Awarding Saudi Arabia chair on Women's Rights Commission makes UN complicit in crimes

The Saudi Arabia that publicly beheads women and dangles bodies from cranes was just elected to the UN Women’s Rights Commission. This is not the punchline of a twisted joke, but the intergovernmental UN shaming itself.
rt.com/op-edge/386097-awarding-saudi-arabia-chair-womens/

Regime change buddies: ‘Western forces stop targeting ISIS fighters once they cross into Syria’

The US has never liberated a Middle Eastern country - ever. And the fear of the civilians in Mosul is understandable considering the indiscriminate carnage occurring there, Mike Raddie, editor, BSNews, human rights activist, told RT.
rt.com/op-edge/385961-mosul-syria-terrorism-isis-us/

Breitbart Can’t Convince a Committee to Let It Cover Congress

Breitbart News’ application for permanent congressional press passes was denied on Tuesday, after a months-long attempt by the right-wing news outlet to obtain credentials.
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/breitbart-cant-convince-a-committee-to-let-it-cover-congress/524217/?utm_source=feed

How the Political Press Favors the Rich and Famous

The media should stop working so hard to make things so easy for anyone with the last name Bush, Clinton, and inevitably, Trump.
theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/04/media-bias-in-favor-of-the-rich-or-famous-candidates/524187/?utm_source=feed

What do South Koreans really think of America?

From the Statue of Liberty and Chipotle to big boobs, Trump and racism, South Koreans tell us what they think of America – and Americans – in this episode of "What Asians Think of America" series by Asian Boss.
boingboing.net/2017/04/24/what-do-south-koreans-really-t.html

>monetarywatch.com/2017/04/housings-echo-bubble-now-exceeds-2006-07-bubble-peak/?doing_wp_cron=1493135699.1710579395294189453125

Oh boy

totally not a US front organisation though right?

TYBNewsAnon2.0

Wtf I'm a maoist now

NAXALITES
N
A
X
A
L
I
T
E
S

I feel like Seattle, Portland and San Francisco are bad examples. The population growth in Seattle is insane, vacancy rates are historically low. The only thing that would pop a housing bubble in Seattle is if Amazon goes bankrupt and issues 10s of thousands of layoffs.

The rent in those cities is insane. I've looked up something affordable in the bay area after graduation but even shitty unfurnished studios in shady neighborhoods start at $3000, not even fucking Manhattan is this expensive.

fucking roaches. "NATO member", my fucking left asscheek. biggest joke in history. god damn fucking erdoroaches

San Francisco is more expensive than Manhattan but Manhattan is also a lot bigger.

Honestly a housing crash in Seattle would be pretty nice. In 2008 I was able to get a great deal on an apartment but without rent control it didn't last long…

I cannot wait for a housing crash in Seattle. Rent is fucking insane here, and the entire city is being transformed into glass and steel condos like Vancouver. Someone who was here twenty years ago would hardly recognize it as the city of alternative music.

Cobain certainly offed himself just in time

What is this, it's awesome

I have no shortage of issues with maotists, but I hope that they do well.

that owns

i share this sentiment based Rainier anons. its fucking absurd how expensive King County has become

Yeah, and the King County suburbs are getting more expensive even as they are turning into ghettos. Federal Way and Burien are hell holes now. White Center, SeaTac, and Kent are even worse.

At least Fremont and Ballard are still nice. Then there is the weird corporate paradise that Bellevue has become.

How cucked can you get?

bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-04-25/trump-s-sanctuary-cities-order-blocked-by-federal-judge

Is this what winning is?

I've lost track on what dimension of chess we're on

Those federal Judges aren't fucking around.

mr trump i'm tired of winning

sauce on the cool naxalite song?

They don't even need to be serious about it when such a hamfisted decision would have inevitable consequences for actual legal citizens, mainly because of the reasons that illegals come to the US, which are less white-rapey than his supports think.

American politics are designed from the top down to be an impenetrably dense web of opaque bullshit. This makes them resistant to the traditional tactic of right wing populists: screaming and flailing until they get what they want through appeasement.

Based af

According to my calculations, we're at 4385.52239 levels of chess with 2,54674% margin of error . But maybe that's what he's trying to make us think…

Low T asians jelly af

Housing will never crash again. That's why prices are steadily increasing and show absolutely no sign of dropping.

boot licker

yeah im sure saying beards are evil and enforcing laws about them will make those muslims moderates

THE YOUTHS TURN WARRIOR
THE STATE EXECUTE THEM

redantdream.com/?portfolio_archive=badang-song

cool, thanks famarade