Makhno looks pissed here. What is he angry about?

Makhno looks pissed here. What is he angry about?

Makhno fought the Mennonites, who were actually kulaks. Get out.

why.jpg

I'd like to say its ironic, but really the users with this flag sometimes have some weird downward turns in quality/coherence.

he just watched Lenin kill the revolution

He was told not to steal from the Red Army.

Aren't they pacifists? Must've been an easy fight

Two jews escaped the pogrom he organized

When confronted with attempts to collectivize, the Ukrainian Mennonites formed paramilitary groups that were supplied and supported by the German army. Possible personal grudges between Makhno and the Mennonites aside, when the latter's predatory property holding methods were threatened, pacifism VERY quickly went out the window.

Gee Makhno, how come your mom lets you have TWO secret polices?

see even anarchists should hate kulaks

Sauce? I thought many of Makhno's close friends were Jews, and strongly condemned anti-Semitism.

There were pogroms under the Ukrainian People's Republic, the German occupied/puppet territories, and some white occupied territories, all of which the Free Territory at one point or another fell under the de jure jurisdiction of. Minus a few isolated instances of violence perpetrated by individuals though, there isn't any substantial evidence that Makhno or his compatriots endorsed or systemically partook in violence against Jews. Quite the opposite actually, as governing bodies within the Free Territory took to quite viciously punishing those caught planning or perpetrating such acts. Makhno very explicitly spoke out and wrote against antisemitism as being incompatible with the anarchist program.

The claims were made almost exclusively by the Bolsheviks in the period after the Red-Black alliances broke down and justification was sought out to intervene in the region.

Oh, and I would be amiss to mention the unfortunate case of Nikifor Grigoriev.
>The Bolsheviks still blame the Anarchists for the pogroms because technically Nikifor was under the latter group's jurisdiction last

This thread had potential, but it went down the drain pretty fast. Sorry, OP.

I love you, no homo. Was going to say stuff along those lines.

That is a fantastic image, Kek/10 comr8 made me laugh for a few minutes heartily.

I'm just rolling with the memes.

Dear god.

Could someone merge his face with yelling Bordiga?

This is not true.

I'm starting to figure out why Tankies wants to gulag Liebrals pretending to be Commies now.

Not to mention that while a Red Army commander, right before his nᵗʰ turncoat move, he was sent to Hungary with a significant troop to defend the revolution there. If that fucker wasn't a pure opportunist maybe the Hungarian Soviet Republic could have been saved.

We all feel that way, but try to control the urge.

Trotsky just turned Lenin against him.