How do we defeat J.K. Rowling and her gang of neoliberal fans?

How do we defeat J.K. Rowling and her gang of neoliberal fans?

Other urls found in this thread:

currentaffairs.org/2017/04/how-liberals-fell-in-love-with-the-west-wing
fanfiction.net/s/9655837/1/Harry-Potter-Becomes-A-Communist
samkriss.com/2016/09/13/jk-rowling-and-the-cauldron-of-discourse/
resistanceschool.com/
twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/856146417693462529
twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/854817301090234368
twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/842387937815871489
twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/841364841772265473
scotsman.com/news/rowling-hits-out-at-nhs-ban-on-costly-ms-treatment-for-scots-1-683749
mashable.com/2016/04/26/jk-rowling-junior-doctors-strike-nhs/
theguardian.com/books/2015/oct/27/jk-rowling-explains-refusal-to-join-cultural-boycott-of-israel
twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/771802733007503360
twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/748484690965893120
idgeofreason.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/a-letter-to-jeremy-corbyn-from-the-poor-you-wear-as-a-badge/
motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/09/charts-day-thatcher-vs-blair
history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/33d/projects/protzion/DelaCruzProtocolsMain.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They'll grow out of it

Send Lenin style bully boys on her.

I'd say write decent fiction, but it's clear by now Capitalism destroys quality work and promotes garbage.

Write elit fan fiction of Harry Potter, where they have some sort of revolutionary student movement

How does the economic system in Harry Potter even fucking work?

Rape fictions about their favorite girls. Spread this everywhere on liberal websites. The act of circulation of dangerous content is more important the actual content itself though.

On the contrary, I think they've been retreating into their fictional universes more than ever since Trump won. Did you see that Harvard Dumbledore's Army bullshit?

Liberals believe poverty is a good thing, so even if it didn't have to exist they'd still want it to.

was Rowling red pilled?

IDK a lot Harry Potter also has undercurrents of race realism and slavery apologia

GLORY TO CAPITALISM

She's an outspoken Blairite who gets into fights with leftypol twitters.

Make YouTube videos of versus battles between Harry Potter wizards and mages from universes with more class-consciousness.

A stupid question deserves a stupid answer.

Are there any? I don't know anything about fantasy. The only other wizards I know are from Lord of the Rings and LotR is right wing as fuck.

IMO, Skaven Grey Seers have tons of Class Con.

That and propagating the meme that we're in a computer simulations gone awry. Anything to avoid self reflection.

Saint Seiya.

Lord of the Rings doesn't really have a political alignment. It's as close to a work of pure fantasy as you'd ever find.

We need to start writing better books again.

Inform her that she's not dumbledore either.

What follows is inane ranting
The thing that pisses me off the most about her is that for all her faux-leftiness with a neoliberal face, she still refuses to accept the SNP and pines for Blair. If you're going to be a neoliberal "lefty", at least do it properly, at least vote for the party that actually has some token policies. Don't pine for the man who was prime minister when you were actually a relevant symbol of "cool Britannia", while introducing the work capacity tests that now kill off the disabled, creating a Stalinist bureaucracy (By the way, fuck that word, I can never spell it right.) minus the actual production that stalinism entailed, invading Iraq, keeping John Major's JSA reform instead of going back to old dole (and thus making it literally impossible to follow in her footsteps) and so on and so forth.

She could back the union and Corbyn - that'd be fine. She could back the SNP at Holyrood and back the union - that'd be fine. She could be pro independence, that'd be fine. She could vote Green, that'd be fine. She could be honest and vote Lib-Dem - that'd be fine. But the pretence at being both left-wing and Labour while consistently backing Blairites is infuriating.

Annoying dragon sleeping atop piles of tumblrite pocket money, begone.

Professional liberals like Rowling see proles as a sort of underclass that is inherently inferior. They don't want to liberate them because they don't see the point. That's why she went out of her way to mock Hermione with that whole SPEW thing in the books.

Why won't neoliberals see that they empower fascists?

Thank God he still has integrity unlike so many other left politicians.

ARCANUM
R
C
A
N
U
M

Industrialization and industry in general is maligned heavily throughout the entire thing.

Thus we see Harry Potter is shit SHIIIIIIIIIT.
If you present your fantasy world as one in which magic can be taught at an academic level in the same, or similar, structure to every day modern schooling, then you have to define how magic works and present all aspects of the world that interact with magic in an internally consistent manner. Hand wavy mystical bullshit works for fantasy when even the practitioners don't understand how it works, but even then it needs to have some boundaries and limitations that make sense. Maybe HP is a decent kid's book, but it's shit fantasy.

Honestly, they're barely even worth trolling. They're living proof that no, children who read more does not necessarily translate into adults who read more. Instead of literati, Rowling's books produced Twitterati incapable of making analogies with anything other than Harry Potter.

This. So much.

While we're on the topic, I remember a month ago or so somebody recommended a fantasy series (that I believe I've heard of before) not long after LotR that was apparently rather leftist. Anyone remember what book(s) the poster was referring to?

Never mind he said "you all know your duty."

It's called integrity.

Left liberals in America are neocons now thanks to Hilldawg.

Also the globalization episode of the West Wing was god tier. Really showed how much of a bourgeois scumbag the supposedly "enlightened", liberal professor Bartlet is.

How the hell is Daenerys a liberal? She has a slave army.

Oh wait.

Sounds like a real liberal to me.

Tolkien apparently hated analogy used in fiction, but even still subconscious ideology will still seep through. He wasn't a nazi by any stretch of the imagination, but the book clearly emphasized a romanticized monarchistic political system posed as the good side versus industry and progress without even so much as a hint of responsible use of technology in regard to environment.
I still love Lord of the Rings, but I won't pretend that one of my favorite books has a, perhaps unintended, reactionary undercurrent.

Since when are leftcoms anti industry anyway, and since when is industry opposed to leftist thought in general?

You forget Tom Bombadile, I think that the only time he ever put awkward 'analogy' into his books.

We would have to beat them at their own role playing by creating an army of Death Eaters.

The shitlibs who lick her cunt are in some fantasy world where Drumpf is Voldy and they are Harry Potter

24 and Jack Bauer are the most neocon show/character ever

Reminds me of this one fanfic by a Russian I think that was written from Mordor's point of view where the actual LOTR story is propaganda and the true story told via Mordor's POV is that they are a nation on the brink of technological and revolutionary break through and Gondor takes them out being an imperialist power.

Forgot the name of it but perhaps some user has the sauce.

No the real revolutionary class in Rowling's universe are the non-human magical creatures like centaurs, giants, and house elves.

Liberals have this weird love for the west wing. I've had actual polisci teachers in college try and use the west wing to teach students about politics in America.

You've read the Current Affairs article, I trust?

currentaffairs.org/2017/04/how-liberals-fell-in-love-with-the-west-wing

TBF I'm not too into the Potter verse so the Death Eaters were all I really knew but I'm down with Centaur/monster revolution. Monster girl commisars when?

Everything is pretty accurate except for the behavior of the main cast, who are portrayed as holier-than-thou, extremely intelligent technocrat types even though the real DC is run entirely by plutocrats and their even wealthier patrons.

anarchist harry potter fan fiction

Good taste user.

huh. i saw her get into bitchfits with alt right people, and her bitching about pewdiepie….she sold out man.

Oh yeah, I forgot that shit. She was against Scottish independence. Fuck her.

The less wrong people did a fanfc. well Elizer Yudkowsky did which tried to make the magick make more sense….

link for the globalism episode? interested..

Skaven in general are Stirner on Warp-crack mixed with Swift's Modest Proposal

I think his dislike of industrialization may come from his having fought in one of the first mechanized meatgrinder wars.

I also want to see this.

Is this Zizek the wizzard?

Well.. Skaven are class-con as fuck, though. No?

what did i miss lads

She's an unironic Blairite.

The part where she's rich and class-con bourgie.

Well atleast Shes not conservative.

I tend to favor left wing over right wing.

Oh!
Are you a leftist or an anarchist?
Cause there is no other left…
Anything that doesn't promote the working class, is right wing.

Blairites are centrists at best. They can't even brand themselves as left wing effectively. (There was even some infighting about whether it should be "New Labour" or "new Labour" on certain signs - since the capital N would signify it part of the name, while small n makes it a descriptor. We all know which T O N Y preferred.)

Tolkien was a hardcore Catholic reactionary, and his series is steeped in a medieval worldview where an absolute monotheistic deity determines everything, races have essential differences which reflect on every aspect of their culture, and ignorance and class submittion are encouraged as virtues.

I mean, I love the guy and his lore, but let's have no illusions.

They had that on the 5th book iirc

Take away her property.

Am I the only to notice she really looks like a trap?

No that's just how female brits all are.

And male brits.

Harry Potter is a white supremacist male fantasy of the white male hero individually triumphing the forces of darkness (yeah, the darkies!) and freeing the oppressed as a gift from his valiant personality.

"Harry, you look different," said Hermione as I joined her and Ron in a compartment on the Hogwarts Express.
I suppose I did. I was wearing an ushanka with a Red Star, a Che Guevara T-shirt, and browline glasses. I had grown a scruffy beard and had had my scar changed from a lightning bolt to a hammer and sickle.
"Why are you wearing a shirt with that murderer on it?" asked Hermione as I sat down.
"He's not a murderer, he's a soldier," I explained. "I'd be offended, but I know you've been brainwashed by the bourgeoisie capitalist establishment. You're suffering from false consciousness."
"What's false consciousness?" asked Ron curiously. I knew he would be more open to communist ideas because he was part of the proletariat, whereas Hermione was part of the bourgeois intelligentsia.
"False consciousness is when people think communism is bad," I explained. "Since communism is good, it means they're obviously insane."
"Harry, are you a communist?" asked Hermione in a quiet voice. I could tell she was scared, probably of losing her private property.
"As a matter of fact, I am!" I said, knowing I had nothing to be ashamed of. "Uncle Vernon was complaining about communists one day and I decided that anyone hated by Uncle Vernon couldn't be that bad. So I read The Communist Manifesto and discovered how the world really worked."
"But — but," said Hermione, at a loss for words, "President Reagan said the Soviet Union was the evil empire. He wouldn't have said that if it weren't true!"
I signed, wondering if Hermione was too deep in false consciousness to ever come around to the correct way of thinking.

Better materialist books will work on the liberal kids.

fanfiction.net/s/9655837/1/Harry-Potter-Becomes-A-Communist

The feast began and we started to eat the food and shit. I thought of how the house-elves were completely happy with their lot in life and realized that they too had been inflicted with false consciousness. Hermione had railed against house-elf slavery, but it had accomplished nothing because she hadn't realized that it was just one small part of the larger capitalist system of bourgeois capitalist exploitation.
"It's a good thing Hogwarts isn't funded by the government anymore," said Hermione with an air of bourgeois intellectual elitism. "Now the educational system won't be like the post office."
"YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" I yelled righteously. "Dumbledore has turned us all over to the fucking capitalists! We're they're fucking corporate slaves now!"
"Swearing like that is really unnecessary and comes across as immature," said Hermione oppressively.
"How FUCKING dare you!" I yelled. "You say I can't speak my fucking mind after YOU defend the fucking actions of the fucking WAR CRIMINAL Dumbledore! I suppose you believe the fucking propaganda we're feed about how we're fighting a 'humanitarian' war!"
"Well, aren't we?" asked Hermione. "Voldemort is bad. I know it's true because that's what the media says."
"There is no such thing as a humanitarian war!" I said as I laughed in her face. "The Ministry doesn't give a FUCK about human rights! War is a product of the military-industrial complex!"
"I don't think that's true," said Hermione from her ivory bourgeois tower of capitalism. "It's the Ministry's duty to kill people who kill people because killing people is wrong."
At this point, I was so mad at Hermione's bourgeois, close-minded false consciousness that I couldn't say anything. If only she could hear herself and realize what a slave she was to the capitalist imperialists! But it seemed she couldn't. It was so frustrating!

My anger would fade later. As we started to get up from the feast in order to head upstairs to our upstairs dormitories, Luna Lovegood came over to me. She was quite a hottie, butt I was too sophisticated to pay much attention to her shapely body and huge breasts.
"I overheard your conversation with Hermione," said Luna in a beautifully feminine voice. "I think what you had to say made a lot of sense."
But it got even better later that night. As we arrived in our dormitory room, Ron turned to look at me, his face alight with hope and curiosity.
"I agree with every word you said to Hermione at dinner," he said rebelliously. "I always wondered why this war on Voldemort seemed like nothing but an excuse to make the rich richer and the poor poorer. Now I see that's exactly what it is. You must tell me more about this communism you speak of."
I smiled wisely and slapped Ron on the back. "You're beginning your journey, Comrade," I told him.
"Comrade?" asked Ron. "Why are you call me that?"
"That's what communists call each other," I explained. "Under capitalism, the richest one percent are fucking bastards who exploit ninety-nine percent of the people. Communism thinks that's wrong. Why should your family starve while the richest pure-blood fucks are literally swimming in their fucking gold? There's enough resources for everyone and we should all get an equal share of the pie. That's why we communists call each other 'comrade' — to show that we are all equal."
"What's communism's position on racism?" asked Dean Thomas.
"It's against it," I explained. "Racism is caused by capitalism. Ever since the war on Voldemort started, the Ministry's been sending young black men off to die for a society which hates them. Could it be any more obvious that the real enemy is not Voldemort, but the fucking bourgeoisie capitalist one percent?"
"I don't know," said Neville uncertainly. "If that were true, I think we'd have heard something about it before." I laughed in his face at his fucking incredible naivate.
"That's because the fucking capitalists don't want you to hear it!" I told him, laughing loudly. "If you embrace communism, that's a threat to their fucking bourgeoisie power! They want us all to go off and kill Death Eaters to keep us distracted from the inequalities of our fucking corporate sellout society!"

take her ill gotten gains away

and make fun of the fact she cant be bothered to write her own books anymore

My Immortal is a masterpiece though.

I'll do a reading of this

The mental image of a belligerent as fuck revolutionary ass Harry Potter is killing me omg.

I honestly can't tell the real political position of this author

laugh

"YOU FUCKING IDIOT!" I yelled righteously. "Dumbledore has turned us all over to the fucking capitalists! We're they're fucking corporate slaves now!"

please don't remind me of the time i looked at his twitter

his writing style makes me laugh okay

The doctor is clearly an anarchist

I only see a whore now

The only person behind my bank is a jobless father of 5 who'll suck anything for a tenner.

Dumbledore's Army? They aren't revolutionary, they just want to preserve status quo.

They are right trough.

The Last Ringbearer is the title

Ideology at its purest.

Being super reactionary is also right wing. The series "good ending" is literally the rightful aristocracy reclaiming their throne whilst bemoaning the passing of earlier times which were so much greater than degenerate modernity.

Probably a fascist or some other "turd position" sort of thing. He seems to be taking the piss out of both communists and liberals, so it makes sense that he'd see himself as an enlightened spectator unaffiliated with either side.

Yeah, Harry Potter really takes the magic out of magic. Rowling is a hack. Le Guin could take a dump and it would have more content than HP.

Casting couch?

not really

Tolkien was a traditionalist conservative catholic with a Romantic worldview informed largely by his rural idealism and it really shows in his literary works, no matter how much he insisted there were no allegory to be found in them. This political persuasion is also why he rejected Nazi-style scientific racism and antisemitism, though.

Early 20th-century anti-industrialism was mostly championed by reactionaries and proto-Fascists.

Still a possibility

Give her the Ben Garrison treatment, make radical harry poter memes and circulate fake quotes of her. Writing fanfic will accomplish nothing, because nobody sane reads fanfic.

Pakistan isn't in the middle east you illiterate burger.

(Cultural) Neoliberalism seems to be in its dying stages anyway. The whole thing seems to have this gloomy pessimism about it like "Okay guys, I know LITERAL SATAN controls THE WORLD now and we're probably all gonna die :'( but let's try to make love win anyway…"

A lot of my liberal friends are starting to become really cynical and depressed actually. Not to mention the bizarre reliance on TV comedians, of all people, to "take down" Trump.

I think we're on the brink of a new conservative revolution here. We should focus less on "defeating" neoliberals and rather converting them at what is, ostensibly, their lowest point.

Voldy is an obvious reference to uncle Addy

No more than Darth Vader

Same way we defeat every other porky.
The wall.

Nah, that is just a tragic character and the empire is supposed to be a reference to the British empire while the rebels are supposed to be the american revolutionaries. Lucas is first and foremost murican

definitely

That changes everything it is probably about Pinoches regime

Two words: commie wizards.

Here's a star wars screencap from Holla Forums
You can't deny the storm troopers part.

haha, that sounds retarded
actually it looks pretty good. A crash course that combines one week of rhetoric with one week of organization building. The name is just piggybacking pop-culture to get media attention. I remember there being some attempts to build socialist student organizations on Holla Forums. This could be really useful to that purpose.
resistanceschool.com/

if you think anyone would give away his hipster beer and john oliver show for a revolution you are out of your mind

why was harry potter successful in the first place?

Semi-High School like setting it always sells

Voldemort is literally Hitler with a different name. Except this time he's taken down by liberals through the power of moralism rather than socialists with guns and tanks.

marketing and hype

accessibility

high school is the latest life experience that basically every first worlder has in common. setting your work there is a cheap way to add mass appeal

Also he was Hitler as liberals understand him (i.e. a man inspired by hatred and fear rather than socio economic forces.)

The "oy vey" jokes write themselves.

I think the Sam Kriss piece where he talks about how the entire structure of hogwarts and the wizarding community at large was latently fascist despite her attempts to saddle the obvious "bad guy" faction with all the most obvious and grotesque implications of fascism as seen by enemies of it was pretty much on the money here

Lel

Truly the SJWs of capital's right wing. Holy shit.

Holla Forums is so fucking retarded

Just read Discworld but avoid the last few. Much higher tier fantasy brit, with actual worldbuilding & magic that is hard to use, etc.

What's wrong with the last few?

Nationalization is supposed to be a good thing, no?

They're worse than the rest

voldemort was a NAZBOL

Nationalization just speeds up capitalism. "Good" if you're pretty behind on industrialization, but with all the bad aspects of capitalism magnified tenfold.

Anyone here like Dragonlance? I was big into dragonlance before Potter was a thing. I started reading Potter for some weird reason but then came to my senses and went back to good high fantasy. I'm not sure Potter even qualifies as high fantasy it's basically bad literature for children that knows it's shit teir literature.

A modest defense of Rowling–I looked at her twitter and it doesn't seem like she really objects to Corbyn on the basis of his policies being too left for her, more just that she thinks the polls show a Corbyn-led Labour party has no chance of winning elections (see twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/856146417693462529 and twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/854817301090234368 and twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/842387937815871489 ), and maybe some gripes that he was half-hearted in his campaign against Brexit (see twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/841364841772265473 ). It's possible she'd support a British version of Bernie Sanders or Melenchon who was more competitive in the polls…she doesn't seem very "neoliberal" in general, for example she's a big booster of the NHS and is against restricting certain medicines because they're too expensive (see scotsman.com/news/rowling-hits-out-at-nhs-ban-on-costly-ms-treatment-for-scots-1-683749 ) and supported doctors who were striking against a pay cut (see mashable.com/2016/04/26/jk-rowling-junior-doctors-strike-nhs/ )

What about the Israel stuff?

Looking at the article at theguardian.com/books/2015/oct/27/jk-rowling-explains-refusal-to-join-cultural-boycott-of-israel it seems like this is a sort of similar case in that her position is basically strategic, it seems she agrees on the goals (ending the occupation, being against expanded settlement and military attacks by Israel) but doesn't think BDS is the right strategy…also she thinks it's unfair that leftist Israelis who also don't support these policies would be punished, and says "Believing in Palestinian rights & deploring occupation, I fear cultural boycott targets those most critical of govt inside Israel & those views should be heard."

depends on what kind of state you're operating under. in a workers state, sometimes. in a bourgeois state, no its worse

This

Read up on the zaibatsu in meiji japan. Government-sponsored vertical monopolies with banking subsidiaries were a major driving force behind modernization and formed the centerpiece of a domestic policy almost exclusively concerned with resisting domination by foreign powers. Did the unprecedented government control over enterprise result in a better economic system or "gentler" exploitation for the workers? Quite the contrary. More than anything it was a defense of the nascent local bourgeoisie (which the demands of the alternate attendance system laid the groundwork for) against the designs of international capital. Sure, "the people" were spared an opium war, and got to be exploited by "their own" bourgeoisie instead of a western one, but in the end their brand of authoritarian, corporatist nationalism (hmm, where have I seen that before?) was no real emancipatory horizon.
"Capitalism turned up to eleven" is an apt metaphor. It's fascinating too to see something very much like fascism emerge from nascent capitalism to spur its development, rather than from "capitalism in decay." What those cases have in common though is the threat of imminent expropriation, and fascism can more broadly be understood that way.

Nope, she's an outspoken blairite.

I would like to remind you of West Wing episode of Chapo.

Really?

Definitely this. Through some Kapitalism101 their way.

This thread needs more Sam Kriss.

I'd fuck female Sam Kriss

Pratchet was suffering pretty badly from his Alzheimer's toward the end and was using a ghost writer IIRC. The later ones are still alright, but the tone is quite different and you can feel he is no longer as vital as he was when healthy.

Sturmtruppen is a term from WWI. Read a book, please.

let Holla Forums take care of id/pol/ related matters marx…

Harry potter is a Nazi though, didn't you see Radcliffs latest film lol

That's even worse, star wars is demonizing Germans before they even turned to Nazi. Who could be behind thins kind of hatred?

Part of the reason Marxism encourages workers to seize ownership is the fact that capitalists will retard innovation to retain their power. Fuck nu/leftypol/

Rowlings beliefs are the very essence of Soccer Mom stereotype

Does she defend any of Blair's neoliberal or warmongering policies (if so, links pls), or does she just like the Labour policies under Blair that were significantly more left than Thatcherism and that would have helped her out personally when she was unemployed and living on state benefits in the 90s? I did some googling and I get the sense it was more the latter, look at her post at twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/771802733007503360 where she says the only reason she didn't march against the war was because she was 8 months pregnant, but she appreciated Labour's "domestic achievements". Also look at twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/748484690965893120 where she links to an open letter to Corbyn at idgeofreason.wordpress.com/2016/06/29/a-letter-to-jeremy-corbyn-from-the-poor-you-wear-as-a-badge/ and says "I agree with every word of this"–and one of the comments to Corbyn right at the start of the open letter is:

It doesn't, because JK Rowling thought absolutely nothing through.

You'll be hard pressed to find many of those that aren't spin and obfuscation. Even nominally good shit like increased health spending starts to mean less when you realize it was nearly all funnelled into overpriced PFI buildings and successive levels of management because Blair just couldn't fucking trust doctors.

Except for viewers in Scotland, we might as well have kept John Major.

Dune

In purely relative terms, these charts suggest Blair was a bit better for improving the situation of the poor and reducing inequality than Thatcher: motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/09/charts-day-thatcher-vs-blair

That's not the whole story, his religious views aside Tolkien was very explicitly writing his books with the purpose of setting out an Anglo-Saxon myth cycle in the vein of Norse and Finnish myth.

Pratchett wasn't all that political either way.

How is restoring a monarchy in a world where magic is a major material condition reactionary? Aragorn is the Fisher King and supporting the return of the monarchy is the obvious progressive position in regards to Gondor, especially in the face of Mordorian imperialism.

M8, the Prequels show Anakin as being a fascist. Vader is literally Hitler, he's a war hero who is led to believe that the Jedi (Jews) controlling the Republic (Weimar Germany) are evil and what caused everything bad to happen. It's pretty blatant.

Yeah ya good sassenach
Listen to 🍀🍀🍀Theodore🍀🍀🍀 🍀🍀🍀Kaufman🍀🍀🍀

Just a coincidence, sassenach

Typical hebrew tricks. The Protocols of the Elders of Zion is a real thing, while The Protocols of the Druidic Elders of Hibernia is not. I don't see ZOG Occupied Government of USA sending billions of dollars in aid to Ireland. Obama is quarter jewish, btw.

Yeah the Protocols is totally real, pay no attention to the fact that some sections are just minor rewordings of an 1864 book called "Dialogues in Hell" which was about French politics and had nothing to do with the Jews:

history.ucsb.edu/faculty/marcuse/classes/33d/projects/protzion/DelaCruzProtocolsMain.htm

Yeah, it's just a pure coincidence that everything in them is turning out the way it was written.

Yeah, it's way more plausible that the Elders planted an obscure French political dialogue in 1864 so they could have plausible deniability if the Protocols were ever uncovered than it is that a right-wing guy in the early 1900s could have observed various world trends that were already evident back then and extrapolated how they might accelerate in the future and then blamed it all on the Jews rather than capitalism

Love, Friendship and Tolerance, silly.

I like how this shit is anglocentric, They can't even try to think or absorb from outside cultures.
By the way, Daenerys is one of the most perfect representation of liberals: she is self-entitled, she invades other cultures to impose her morals, she thinks she is the only victim of the world, she doesnt listen to anyone, doesnt have any nuance on her tought process and the most representative point of all she is using "liberation and salvation" as her talking points but her objective is reactionary, conservative and not revolutionary at all in the end.

I'm going to be a shit and say that more-or-less you could put it down to coincidence, since he came after the transition.
(Though even if you want to credit him for tax-credits or something, it could be raised that all he did was make the state subsidize porky employers, and in a fashion not particularly resilient to change under future governments, as one can see with the stagnation under Brown and Cameron.)

Notably the poor made some very mild progress under Major (though if I'm interpreting the cluster of dots correctly, did so more slowly.)

maybe we can start a google doc and leftypol can collaboratively write this kind of stuff?

if you mean racism against other white people, or amongst fellow whites then yeah. But, its not particularly racist against blacks or south asians, the only non-whites depicted.

Seconding this

I think that might be a part of the appeal to kids. When I was a kid and read HP, I don't remember if I was conscious of it but I do remember I at least felt intuitively that the world in HP made no sense. The reason I know I felt it intuitively was because it manifested as a sort of bewilderment about what could be presented in the next book, or the next series of chapters. Nothing really followed from anything else as far as world building. Food and objects could be conjured from air, space could be manipulated, people could teleport and communicate instantly, people could travel through time, all kinds of crazy shit. But there were wizards in poverty, there was wizard racism, for some reason there was slavery even though there was no need for slaves.

But of course, the magic was also never explained so even outside of social relations, nothing really ever made sense. That actually appealed to me as a kid reading it because it contributed to the mystery of what was going on. In a lot of ways though, even back then, I thought of HP as a dystopia. I wanted to be a wizard as much as I wanted a pokemon or wanted to be a saiyan or whatever other goofy shit I was daydreaming about at the time, but the HP world always seemed a little more creepy to me because it just didn't make sense.

Just as the fate of a nationalist future is micronationalism, so too is the fate of a racist future microracism. We'll have the Angles, Jutes, Normans, Saxons, Celts and so forth at each others' throats again.

Is George R.R. Martin /ourguy/?

I think it just reflects the shift of mainstream center-leftism from PC liberalism in the '90s to dogmatic SJW backbiters in the 2010s. For instance, SPEW in Harry Potter came across to me as a satire of feelgood ideologically shallow student activism versus pragmatic realpolitik.

its just the 20th century UK with wizards

no-one who writes fantasy fiction really thinks about economic systems

maybe in like the hunger games where panem is pseudo-feudal and district 13 is pseudo-socialist

Late reply but
He is an individualist who rocks up and destroys civilizations, smashes states and empowers the oppressed. Make what you will.