Maybe this will shut up the autistics that worship him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hg7qdowoemo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veganism#Philosophy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

saGAY

smh tbh famalam

Bravo, reddit.

What a fag. I know animals die in horrible conditions to feed me, I just don't care about that compared to my own well-being.

Carnivores exist in nature. Vegetarianism is hilariously sad.

Edgy

This is the same argument Holla Forumsshits make to justify racism though.

Not a vegetarian myself but that is so far from an argument as it gets. Something isn't justified just because it is "natural". Cannibalism also happens in nature.

Edgy af

wtf I love zizek now

but zizek is right, pointless cruelty is not needed

I, however, am fully aware and do not care for the welfare of animals, in particular if their slaughter happens to be in my self interest.

What's edgy about it? It's simply acknowledging reality and deciding you don't care about it enough to change it.

i cant say no to meat, i love how it tastes

Edgy

Dumb meatcucks

Would you prefer people cry fake tears before continuing to eat meat regardless?

dear vegetards

literally everyone and everything suffers pointless cruelty under capitalism

every single purchase or trade or consumption you partake in has somehow made something or someones living situation shittier

all lifestyle choices under capitalism are completely apolitical

None of you has read Zizek I see, his point is preshishely *ahem* precisely this , under capitalism we're surrounded by violence and cruelty but prefer to turn a blind eye to all of it, is only when violence erupts in the form of revolution that violence is suddenly a big deal.

Reminder that if you don't have compassion for animals you either have autism or are just a bitter retard

Not even a vegetarian this is just a shit "argument".

go back to r/coldsteel

Doesn't look like he's saying that at all.

Besides, you can't talk about this without making a distinction between factory farming and methods that don't torture animals for the sake of profit. Hopefully we'll be able to grow indistinguishable meat substitutes sometime soon, but until then it is terrible for the environment and needlessly cruel to produce meat the way we do.

Vegetarianism is absolutely lifestylism and individuals abstaining from meat makes no difference whatsoever, but it's still a respectable decision whether for health or ethical reasons and I don't know why you have to get mad about someone eating differently than you, pretty severe autism I guess.

He's right, you know.

kek ok

This is why there's nothing wrong with raping kids. Everything is equally bad under capitalism.

systemic exploitation isnt comparable to personal acts of violence, triggered veggie

So it's okay as long as you pay someone else to do it?

Also not a veggie. I'm actually just looking for new marketing strategies for my darknet startup.

none of it is okay

i just dont have a choice when it comes to participating in capitalism

i have the choice to rape

youtube.com/watch?v=hg7qdowoemo

Is there any way to get philosophers to follow a crash course on history and epistemology of quantum physics (there is literally NO calculus further than WHAT IS A MATRIX and WHAT IS A VECTOR SPACE needed if you do it the right way) before talking about quantum physics/mechanics ?

You can say whatever shit you want about classical physics because you won't say something glaringly wrong most of the time.
But please, not quantum physics. This shit is rigorous

You have the choice not to eat meat, but you still do.
If anything meat is much worse than CP because CP isn't consumed. It can be used over and over by an infinite number of people, limiting the quantity of suffering required. In contrast, every animal eaten is another animal which must be killed.

It is. Not to mention that a lot of CP doesn't involve any suffering at all. Most of the shit that used to get posted on Holla Forums in the old days was just solo modeling.

Spotted the pedophile

That's not what he says, clickbaiting faggot.

I didn't know vegetarians were also pedos.

I think you need to go back to 3rd grade English class to learn some fucking comprehension.

I UNIRONICALLY LIKE ZIZEK NOW

pic related

Believe whatever you need to keep your spooks safe. I don't blame you for not being able to handle the immense internal contradictions in your belief systems.

You aren't very good at Stirnerposting, are you?

I'm actually not sure how to respond to this.
How would you respond? What is the correct move against such a radical misrepresentation of reality?

Not eating meat actually does make a difference. If all the people who are vegetarian in the world weren't vegetarian there would be a great number more animals raised in terrible conditions and killed. Industries try to meet demand as closely as possible, they won't produce more than is necessary. Simply dismissing vegetarianism as lifestylism logically suggests not doing anything to reduce suffering in life except whatever you deem to be a revolutionary activity.

Well you know, a lot of that cruelty is due to the nature of capitalism to produce excess and ultimately waste. It's the result of making overproduction the norm and making it more "efficient." It's kind of crazy seeing the difference between something like chickens and eggs or beef from Japan (who don't have enough arable land to warrant an industry of that scale) and from the US. Here I've been conditioned to be scared as shit of salmonella poisoning, but over there they eat rare chicken and raw eggs regularly cause they don't fuck them up by feeding them shit like dead chickens and stuffing them in tiny coops where they get diseased. We simply don't NEED that much meat and yet here we are producing more than enough.

The we industrially slaughter animals is actually very detrimental to your own well-being.

The way we*

Try making animals vegetarian. Thats how stupid vegetarians sound to me.

Carnivores aren`t practising lifestylisms you FUCKING RETARDS

Carnivores aren't practicing reading either.
BOOKISTS BTFO

When will the nature meme end

nice appeal to nature you stupid carnist

I've never seen a serious argument against vegetarianism that can't also be fundamentally applied to arguments against any other form of emanipatory politics.

I'm still a meat eater but there really is no solid reason to argue against vegetarianism outside of economics.

Of course there's a big proponent of it though that's clear cut idpol and is focused on reactionary misanthropy but nevertheless, it's a legitimate valuable cause in my eyes.

/OUR FUCKING GUY/

Notice how he talks about how meat is produced in modern capitalist factory farms and so on?
Notice how he says nothing about "eating meat is inherently evil"?

Weird isn't it?

Like, he exposes capitalism and has nothing against eating meat, or something..

HMMM…

Did you actually visit a factory farm?
It's heart breaking to be honest.
Pigs are smarter than dogs, they deserve a better fate.

How so?

Agreed, I don't understand how you can be a reliable comrade if you don't take responsibility for your knowledge. What can you be responsible for?

I became vegetarian when I was a lifestylist liberal
Honestly the documentaries about the agriculture industry (cowspiracy etc.) and how damaging it is to the environment (and people more than anything) really made me think deeper about shit.
I'm still vegetarian now, although I have a broader understanding about the other effects of capitalism

I don't. Rich ass cunt.

R u me ?

We even have the same flag

read your shit before posting also >>>/tumblr/

It happened on such a scale in pre colonial Africa that human meat was traded at markets.

I mean, I'm not sure how to respond.
Fundamentally I accept that veganism is both a moral and pragmatic thing, but on the individual level as opposed to the structural what I do would be purely symbolic.
The market has no problem killing pigs only to throw the corpses straight downhill into landfill, feeding nobody in the process. "Creating demand!" doesn't apply to the individual, only the collective.

I know it, but I don't know what to do. My individual action would have no meaningful impact and "if everyone thought that way!" extrapolations are meaningless (if everyone thought like me, we'd not have anyone killing animals, because i couldn't do it. problem solved!)
there's also a thread of literal autism running through this though, i'm not exactly spoiled for choice in terms of "food that doesn't overwhelm my mouth in taste/texture terms and become inedible", take away chicken products and there's nearly nothing left.

Industrial meat has too much fat, its Omega-3/Omega-6 ratio is way too high (so high that you can't fix it by eating more fish), animals are subjected to conditions that favour the apparition of antibiotic-resistant bacterias, their feces, highly concentrated, cause the growth of toxic algae when released in the wild, and a large list of etceteras,

My instruments detect hazardous levels of ideology in this post.

Vegans and vegetarians might be right, but being right simply doesn't taste as good as a nice piece of meat.

Boycott in always a dead-end. Real conscience and action will always be a minority.
Vegetarianism is throwing the baby with the bathwater, saying it's impossible to raise animals on a large scale without the widespread cruelty that exists today, which is blatantly wrong and defeatist.
How do you imagine abolishing wages or capitalism, but can't fathom having somewhat decent life conditions for animals?

I mean, even under good life conditions you're still going to put a bolt in the thing's skull eventually. Creating life purely for the purpose of taking it again is murky as fuck.

lol does it really matter if you knock the cow out before you brutally slit it's throat?

There's is no cruelty free way to kill something that thinks, feels and has sentience when there are so many other alternatives to provide you with a substantial diet.

2edgy4me

This is why industrial agriculture's gotta go.

Why does everyone keep saying my post was edgy? Have any of you even been in the same room as a dictionary before?

Bohm wants a word with you
Also talk to me when you lot figure out how to remove singularities without ripping it out, patching it over, and call it "renormalization"

Literally who

cows arent people
i bet all those animals think about is eating grass, getting fucked, farting, other animals acting strange around them and other cows
who gives a fuck

You think being a wild animal is peak intellectualism or something?
Become a furry instead.

A Swedish leftcom who used to post on this board.

Friendly reminder.

not even trying

No it didn't, no it wasn't

Compassion is the third rail of this board.

No one in this thread who disagrees is even engaging honestly with the subject, and really has no information about it.

You all need to read Tarzie.

And literally read the Wikipedia page too. This board is so ill-informed it's pathetic.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veganism#Philosophy

How much of that factory farmed meat goes to waste on store shelves, do you think?

In the west around 30 - 40%.

I can't believe that this shill thread is still going on!

And there you have your answer. It just goes to compost, to the trash, sometimes gets fed back to the animals it was made from. Sickening capitalist food society.

;_;

kys for bumping a lifestylist thread

Lol no, kYs.

Literally the only facile pushback Zizek's assertion has received.

Underrated post

Why are people this stupid? He is making a point, not a statement about how to live your life. The example is used because it is common, and everyone in the west has experienced it. The point is that we find these acts horrible. We hate the fact that this happens. So because we are helpless or don't want to become vegetarians. We instead decide to not accept this as a reality. Even though I know what is going on, I decide not to accept it and therefore go on with my life as though the tragedy isn't going on.

Anyone thinking that Zizek cares about you eating meat is a retard and should read a book. Or hang themselves.

thanks based leftcom

shill thread is shill thread