I caught the end of American Psycho the other day, and Patrick's final narration kinda stuck out to me...

I caught the end of American Psycho the other day, and Patrick's final narration kinda stuck out to me, specifically the parts I emphasized:

>There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it, I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone; in fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this there is no catharsis, my punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself; no new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.
Specifically, it reminded me of what I think in part motivates Holla Forums: a hopeless, spiteful lashing out, with no real concerns for building a better world.

And as I thought about it, Bateman himself reminded me of Holla Forums, aside from being an investment banker: a man who attempts to put forward an image of "alphaness," obsessed with status and self-image, but inside filled with nothing but hate and destructive rage; when in absolute control he is confident, smooth, strong, but as soon as he faces any real resistance he shrinks back, shaking and sweating and mumbling and sometimes even breaking down crying.

I'm not sure if there's any real point here, other than the fact that they should really give up Pepe, because their real god is Dubs Guy.

He doesn't remind me of Holla Forums or the people from Holla Forums I've spoken to at all. They aren't narcissistic in the slightest, most of them are timid, honest and self-critical.

The reactionary mind. The ultimate demise.

American Psycho is such a great movie. Really should have won Best Picture instead of fucking Gladiator…

tfw Brett Easton Ellis, author of the original American Psycho novel, openly and avidly praised Batman v Superman as a masterpiece

Get a job.

You're just jealous of those dubs, aren't you?

The entire book is about Bret Easton Ellis sense of alienation and distance from the world because of the nature of 1980s Yuppie capitalism. Everyone is the same; greedy, narcissistic and vain - to the point where Bateman can engage in brutal murders - and not be noticed because everyone's far too drugged up and self centred to give a shit.

Bateman is less Holla Forums, and more just an alienated man in the world of capitalism.

hahahhahaha
smelly dumb tankie scum

This is the sort of insight that brings me to leftypol

Well, you got the timid part right.

you'd be hard pressed to find someone who isn't alienated in the world of capitalism, difference is most of us don't want everyone else to suffer to give us some catharsis

Are you sure about that? I couldn't count the number of times I've heard it said by a friend or relative or media figure that welfare is unjust because "I had to work for it."

nice dubs

Sometimes when im very bitter and angry i can emphasize with far right nazis. They must feel that way all the time. I almost pity them.

it true because their entire ideology is based around killing large numbers of people for their race, they actively want to make the world a worse place

You need to empathize and look at it from their point of view.

They're wage slaving for 40+ hour work weeks, and a large portion of their wages are being taken from them under threat of death or imprisonment. Then they look at the welfare recipients who cheat the system and receive benefits that often outstrip what they're bringing in, without lifting a finger. They're only seeing a very small part of the picture, but they're not wrong in feeling the way they do. In other words, wanting the mugger to stop stealing from you is not the same as wishing the mugger's family would starve, even though him stopping the violent theft and refusing to provide for his family with other means may result in said starvation/suffering.

Best part of that movie is the bit with the real estate agent.

good double :^)

As I pointed out though, Bateman's incredibly timid when things don't go as planned, just look at his interactions with the private detective, or how he responds when his one co-worker thinks he's gay.

YOU DON'T SAY!

Haven't you watched the corporation yet?

TOP KEK

KEK IS DISPLEASED. YOU WILL BE THE FIRST TO BE SACRIFICED ON THE MEME ALTER FOR YOUR HORRENDOUS BETRAYAL