Waking Up With Sam Harris #73 - Forbidden Knowledge (with Charles Murray)

youtube.com/watch?v=Y1lEPQYQk8s

He actually says right in the opener before the interview even starts that racial difference in intelligence exists, that all the data over the last half century have proven this beyond a doubt, and that within the scientific community there is no real controversy about this, it is simply scientific fact. He goes on to say the controversy over this is simply a "moral panic" on the left that this issue is even being discussed at all.

Sam Harris has gone full alt-right!

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/1eBu5
archive.is/cwQFT
youtube.com/watch?v=1YfEoxU82us
journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00399/full
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Harris wouldn't know about what goes on in the scientific community since he's published once and then stopped. Who cares what he thinks?

Even if this is true, it doesn't affect us, so don't worry about it.

good god OP, don't scare me like this

Has he woken up to the fact that the Iraq war was a fucking disaster yet?

Racial science is the natural conclusion to new atheism faggotry. I'm surprised it took him this long to go there, especially since he spent the past decade posturing over western superiority in a totally not racist fashion.

Does he say the difference has a genetic origin? If not this isn't alt-right at all, it's just an empirical fact that there's a gap of about 15 points between average black and white Autism Level scores in the US, just like there's a gap of about 15 points between the average scores of white people from Massachusetts and white people from Alabama (see archive.is/1eBu5 ). But if you can accept the second gap might be due to economics and culture rather than genetic differences between whites in the South and whites in the Northeast, why shouldn't it be at least plausible that the same is true of blacks vs. whites in the US? (especially when there are other countries where blacks actually outperform whites on standardized tests that are highly correlated to Autism Level, see archive.is/cwQFT )

all dawkinsites and their youtube "skeptic" followers go alt-right because they share the same basic idealistic beleif that culture and cultural beliefs shape the humanity. total trash and i don't know why you guys care about internet spergs so much?

what's the gap between whites and blacks in alabama? didn't find it in your link

Jews have a higher Autism Level on average. Jews are often communists.

So fuck the stupid capitalist white niggers and embrace master race Jewish communism.

Why would I let the subhuman pasty trash decide the world system when I can let high Autism Level Jews do it?

youtube.com/watch?v=1YfEoxU82us
Here's a shorter version.

I think his current argument is "yeah but they deserved it"

Even though James Flynn and Will Dickens completely blew Murray the fuck out about a decade ago?

Wasn't there only one study on Autism Level differences between the races conducted by people who had a vested interest in white homogeneity.

Literally always opposed it
He's even gone full commie with his comments about automation

Jews have the highest Autism Levels. Alt-cucks BTFO.

There is one, it’s just by homogeneous demographics, not like, “southern blacks” or some shit. Only ~17% of “intelligence”, if that, is inherited. The rest is material circumstances. Genetics can likely be modified by material circumstances anyway. journal.frontiersin.org/article/10.3389/fpsyg.2016.00399/full

Is this why Slavoj Žižek doesn't like Sam Harris so much? That and him justifying USA intervention in the middle east most likely.

Reminder that according to this guys own rules it is ok for anyone to drone strike him

The consensus among population geneticists is that Autism Level is not heritable. Ben Stiller is a concious charlatan trying to sell books and ad space. He always was.

hahahaha

The problem is when we shift science away from what the modernists like Hegel wanted it to be, an all-encompassing totality of human knowledge, and make it about producing better iPhones and bombs, science becomes instrumental. We care about science for its practical effects. We atomize it and over-specialize it, making it something that people do rather than some unifying meta-narrative. In short, scientism, the doctrine, breeds the postmodern condition. Ben Stiller fans are the current pinacle of pomo.

lmao that cuck got rekt after picking a fight with chomsky over why the mid east is fucked

I can't wait

Stiller will be the first man in the gulag

What was racists about any of that?

Higher intelligence =/= superiority

You cannot make valuations of traits without attaching implicit societal value judgements based on how those traits function in the society in question.

Also, race realism is pseudoscience so there's no other reason to shill it except as a racist.

That depends completely on the judgmental nature of the person making those evaluations.

Reminder that he's been a lowkey commie all this time

No it doesn't, it depends on how society values those traits. Especially important in a system in which those traits determine your ability to earn a living (i.e. freedom to not starve)

Wow what a brave stance. Guess we better wait for that and just deal with capitalism in the meantime

You think that doesn't perfectly explain why he's constantly trying to find fault in everyone that isn't white?

What part of lowkey don't you understand?

Sam Harris is Dunning-Kruger personified. Truly sees himself as some kind of intellectual heavyweight when most of his politics boils down to basic bitch liberalism that justifies US military intervention in the middle east… and ironically forwards the interest of Zionist Jews as well.

On that same note – anyone else ever notice how the aut-right's hatred of "mudslimes" totally supports the interests of right-wing Jews in Israel that they claim to hate so much? This has always been amazing to me.

The part where it's all just lip service to shill for his stupid technocratic vision, based on his own naive and badly thought out views of the world.