Communism doesn't work in Dwarf Fortress, why would it work in real life?

Communism doesn't work in Dwarf Fortress, why would it work in real life?

Communism is the only thing that works in dwarf fortress tho have you ever played with the economy on?

What kind of communism and why doesn't it work?

I mean sure your conclusion doesn't follow from your premises in the first place because real life is not a video game but EVEN IF IT DID your premise is wrong in the first place moron

It's pretty literal "from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs."
Everything gets produced and used communally unless you turn the economy on and then everything goes to crap because your haulers can't afford a literal hole in the ground to live in and without haulers your fort literally cannot function

How autistic do you have to be to play Dwarf Fortress?

Speak for yourself, I just splattered the last of my bourgeoisie by dropping them 30 floors down onto a granite floor.

So introducing markets to a system which advocates for the abolishment of markets, currency, state and class ruins it?

Who would have thought?

Another humans vs orcs episode where pol thinks video games are reality.

No no, you slaughtered the aristocracy

And with it, all hierarchy and private ownership.

I stopped by to remind you that communism is feudalism and the bourgeoisie is the middle class.

The game doesn't advocate for anything, it's just that the economy (when it was implemented) was a very simplistic ancap kind of thing with no functioning guilds or unions or social security or charity, so capitalism would catch up very quickly and collapse.

This is probably the most realistic thing Toady got in his game.
it's also realistic that he ultimately got rid of it

Feudalism: people are tied to land, their production's surplus value is visibly appropriated by force (tithing, that kind of stuff)
Communism: no one owns anything, state is gone, firms are managed by their workers and produce by means of collective bargaining with democratic communes to meet human needs.

Bourgeoisie are those who own the means of production under capitalism. The "middle class" is just the proletariat given concessions because they piped up with their trade unions and socdems. It's no coincidence that it started declining as soon as trade unions died (in the '70s and '80s).

see pic related

see pic related

You forgot about personal property, comrade.

Extremely. They even have their own wiki dedicated to all the autism contained within
Warning: reading
dwarffortresswiki.org/

In any case, OP, have you ever considered that maybe communism isn't the problem, you just suck complete ass at playing this game? Get fucking good, you fucking scrub.

No I didn't! Hand over the fucking toothbrush!
I've seen this before, but I prefer the dichotomy between occupancy and usage as a communist concept versus property as a capitalist concept

Maybe on your shitty forts it doesn't work but on my glorious forts it works pretty damn well.

Airplanes don't work in Dwarf Fortress, why would it work in real life?

Oh no, not their own wiki!