How do we address the Holla Forums problem...

How do we address the Holla Forums problem? Racism and hatred of women are starting to become normalized and relatively few people are jumping off the sinking ship that is neoliberalism.

Where? If you're talking about fringe political groups yeah no shit. The rest of the world isn't going to go and follow suit.

I mean the followers of Trump, Wilders, Le Pen, Farage etc. They are hardly fringe.

under what narrative?

you can thank patreon for that.

True, but even then, and I can't believe I'm saying this, not all of them are Holla Forumsyps.

Considering Trump lost a good chunk of his fan base due to the missiles he launched at Syria, I doubt people are going to ''normalise" anything.

You're not from Reddit are you?

How do we address the problem of OP making shit threads?

t. Holla Forumsshit

i need a moment

Good, fuck the cunts

You told me, mr. illiterate faggot.

you mean better than it's ever been before, because that's where we're actually at

There is no such thing as unopposed sexism and racism here. The real problem is liberal feminist frauds deciding what is and isn't bigotry. Hillary Clinton is a fully vile racist, the clinton crime bills are the worst act of instutional racism in the last two decades - but liberal retards can't and won't acknowledge this, and their shitty capitalist ideas tend to agitate bigots into becoming more bigoted in the process of 'fixing' the problem with POC women CEOs, female mass murderers launching missiles in syria, affirmitive action with no guaranteed employement.

Not to mention the fetishizing of the white male class as the feminist devil, which completely removes the idea of class struggle from the debate.

You are either a troll or a fool. Racism and hatred of women have never been less accepted in any society than they are in the contemporary West. You might see backlash, but that is because of the immense shifts in what is considered acceptable discourse over the last few decades. You just don't have perspective because of how young you are.

What is this gif from?

Snickers commercial

Not officially, but people talk about this crap a lot more now than they did in, say, 2010. I know in this country, people thought Muslims were just strange foreigners but now there is open hostility to them.

Islam is not a race, lmao.

I'm not the guy you responded to and pretty adamantly anti-idpol, but this is a terrible argument that does not hold up and you should not use it as a way to argue against idpol

How can you normalize something that was always normal?in one form or another

I think that there is a very important difference between the qualities that people are born with like ethnicity, race or sex, which they didn't choose, and the ideologies people choose to follow which they are responsible for.

Trying to conflate these two things poses a lot of dangerous problems.

Identity politics are inherently leftie, and you have to drop the race struggle to focus on class struggle.
End game for all lefties should be equality, so idpol is relevant.

I totally agree with you in theory, but it's hard to address the kind of people who would, say, attack a hindu or sikh man because of how much they hate muslims and say it's not a race thing. Best to stick to the main principle, which is that any identity no matter how intrinsic or derived is nothing to base policy on.

Pretty much this. Honestly, does anyone think Michael Jordan gives a single fuck if some redneck calls him a nigger? Sure, I'd rather not have racism, but racism without power behind it is fucking nothing.

I think that a group of followers whose ideology is political has also implications for policy.

That's very different from a group of people that share a born quality.

Not even then. Voting for someone purely for opposing the Democrats in the US, for example, is aut-right level ideology and borders on full on idpol anyway. So no, opposing a "political ideology" is also a terrible basis for your own ideology

I think you replied to the wrong guy

the problem is the popular definition of 'racism' doesn't accord with the technical definition. racism is not 'nasty words,' it's the placing of rules on people according to their "race." the most obvious example being the slavery era in the u.s.: if you are of the "white race," you are a freeman and allowed to own property, etc; if you are of the "black race," you are to be a slave for life. that's real racism, and the racism that people should worry about

what liberals want to do is just stop people using nasty words and saying they don't like certain things and people, which does nothing to help society or relations between groups. in fact it's probably harmful, and responsible for the "anti-pc" backlash we've seen in the past few years, with groups like Holla Forums, breitbart and therebelmedia

as usual, liberals just make things worse for everyone

I replied to my own post in order to add something.

I completely agree with this post. Extending the definitions of these words served to silence concerns that were in part legitimate. It helped to create the current anti-pc counter culture and the current dichotomic climate.

You oppose a political ideology because you have one. Certain kinds of society are threatened by even remotely orthodox Muslims. If you care about gay rights and you make Sunni Muslims 15% of your population, you could be setting your country on a demographic slide towards a bloodbath.

They're really isn't much of a hatred for women on Holla Forums, just a hatred of whimsical victimization.

Good it's time people learn secular humanism and universalism are dogshit the hard way.

Notice how the majority of White women also voted Trump. liberal feminism enshrined corporate entrepreneurial success as the be all end all of female empowerment and liberation. But obviously, The high powered career path is closed off to most women by economic and structural obstacles, not to mention unsatisfying and spiritually empty. Many women will chose the certainty of the traditional patriarchal family over the complete uncertainty of the late capitalist workplace, where 'success' is but an unreachable phantom.

By being interesting, fun and not obsessing endlessly with some other website/board.

oh wait

I agree with your post, but an even more important thing to remember is that the whole while this was happening, most of the white and free black population were subject to various forms of debt slavery, land bondage, and sharecropping, clear up to the early 1900s when bankruptcy finally killed debtors' prison and minimum wage ended the chit/truck system. In fact, coinciding with and extending back before the advent of racialized slavery in America, the majority of white colonists came here as bonded servants (after being manipulated into signing contracts by shysters, pressured by loansharks, or even imprisoned as criminals), many of them worked to death by harsh masters.

This goes hand in hand with one of the primary popular motives of abolitionists back in the day being not dewy-eyed humanitarianism, but the class-conscious position that slavery was the ultimate weapon against the free working class.

The history of all hitherto existing society REALLY HAS BEEN the history of class struggle.