The only oppressed class in our society are technically literate people

The only oppressed class in our society are technically literate people.

Technically literate people basically generate all the profit today, run the whole economy, are dominating all fortune 500 companies, are running the military with drones and intelligence, are dominating agriculture, are doing all the manufacturing and production, are even dominating the culture with facebook and other such shit, and few of them are even richer than more than half of the countries.
Hell even all organized crime is being ran these days by extremely competent technical people.
We even have computer software that writes music and you cant even tell that it wasnt written by a human being.

Bourgies? Workers? Outdated concepts. We have German and Japanese factories with wholy automated production of basically everything. We have coders and engineers and so on, who work for a wage, but also play stock market and invest.
Feudals needed peasants and bourgies needed workers. But this new emerging class wont need anybody but themselves.

Communism will happen. But it will be communism of the technocrats and no one else. No one else is needed. People trained in technical sciences in order to solve practical problems naturally must be incredibly intelligent and creative, they also exercise and expand their analytical capacity every day, and so will naturally develop a class consciousness independent from both old bourgies and old workers.

Other urls found in this thread:

opensourceecology.org
opensourceecology.org/wiki/LifeTrac
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

this was some advanced bait, I like it.

'sage' goes in the email field comrades

It is the truth.

Countries pass around 1000 laws every year, but only 100 are a result of voting, other 900 are results of private interests doing private donations.
Technically literate people already dominate the whole private sector.
We already had these types moving in hyper expensive cities and forcing everyone else out because they can pay the hyper prices to live in cities where ever they go, while the technically illiterate peoples are slowly moving into 1st world ghettos where basically only technically illiterate people live.

6 digits starting, employable all over the world, total private sector domination, solving all of the world's problems, NSA and other similar types are basically the shadow police running the politics as well…..

We already have self driving cars, and drones, and operational warehouses and factories with 0 living people working in them.

Meritocracy is obviously the most perfect way to organize a society. But for the longest time, no one could figure out what exactly would merit be.

Technocracy is precisely defined meritocracy. Knowledge of technology, is the definition of merit.

I for one welcome our new A.I. overlords.

I feel like these beliefs will become commonplace eventually, maybe around the middle of this century. As for now, (Bourgies, and Workers) are still every real.

Justice system should really be ran by computers. They have no bias.

Well actually communist governments were associated with technocracy. ~90% of Soviet government was engineers.
Current Chinese president has a degree in electrical engineering I think, and previous one had a degree in hydro something.

I just think that technocrats avoid politics because they enjoy the market so much. They are kind of immune to politics because their work is essential. Kinda like food. Everyone has to eat, no matter his politics.

Technically literate workers are the ones running these industries. The shareholders are just rich assholes who benefit from it. Many of them have never even used a computer.

Look up complete warehouses working without any sort of people in them.
Look up first truck delivery from Mexico to Canada, with a driverless truck.
Look up especially German and Japanese car industries, building whole cars without a single human anywhere on sight.

There is absolutely no reason to have technically illiterate, low skilled labor anymore. Sounds like some sci-fi shit but that's just how it is.

Yet we still have unskilled labor. Quite a lot of it. We could automate most jobs sure, but it would require a lot of effort to do so. As for now - unskilled labor is still a huge part of the economy and likely will be for a long time. If everything can be fully automated under communism then great, but we need to abolish capitalism first.

This is why I said that technically literate people are being exploited. The only reason why we are not kicking out illiterate shitters out of economy is, we'd have extreme unemployment and unrest.
These people exist not because of necessity, but because they are just a practical problem that could be solved, but technically literate people still have it good and basically see no reason to bother.

Technocracy is basically in full effect among fortune 500 if you look it up, it's just that it is an economic system, not socio-political one.
Why bother with politics when you dont have to yet? Technocracy is like.. agricultural sector: absolutely essential.

I can post you a webm of an entire farm being worked by drones. That's the latest one. Really inspiring.

What the justice system really needs is not a lack of bias, but what you would see as much more bias. It needs common sense, not applying laws that don't make sense or aren't good in that case, general morality and mercy toward the accused, and so on. If you've ever been around code, you'd know that people can't have all possible applications in mind when they write it, so you can be sure there will be some case where it breaks down and things have to be revised. The same thing applies to laws. You don't want a literal-minded AI interpreting things in a technically correct but obviously bad and unintended way.

Well as long as it is defined precisely enough, I dont know why would a computer interpret law worse than humans.
Besides, a judge these days is 70% politician and 30% lawyer, computers would simply cut trough the bullshit.

Computer wouldnt…. tell that nazi skinhead to put makeup on his tats before jury, or being afraid to convict a black person justly because of recent events, or […] and so on.

See this post to put things in perspective

I agree with you on the points of the necessity of technology.

But when it comes to
the only ones that need to be kicked out are the unproductive bourgeoisie, the coupon cutters, the rent collectors, the shareholders.

As illustrated by the post that I was linking to above, the technologically illiterate among the poor are influenced by way too many outside factors that make them illiterate in that way.

If it wasn't for my father who introduced me into electronics, and that my parents bought me and my brother legos and meccano for christmas, then without that I would be way more useless than I am now.

The measure of my uselessness is not having the time to build stuff that contributes to hunger and poverty relief. Not having time to organize, not having time discuss the ideas, not having time to seek out people who want to do the same. Well as a phd student, I am able to find that time more easily than a factory worker or other who are more exhausted.

It makes no sense to do the 9 to 5 thing, as it leaves you seriously exhausted mentally. I am glad I find the time to read theory, on both leftism and cybernetics and technology in general.

My point is I have to 9to5 to have a living wage, and after that I can actually do things that are important. Same thing would be if I was an engineer in some company, developing circuits, software, integrated circuits, optical systems, because those are the things I took classes on while studying for masters at university.

To say that they see no reason to bother means that there far too many obstacles for them to actually bother and having their effort be actually fruitful.

And kicking out the illiterate shitters that are the rich parasitic mansion-living rent collectors is impossible because then your head will intersect with a police baton.

Your troll rhetoric creates a toxic debate climate detrimental to what could be an interesting topic. As evident by the appearance of GANG-poster. But you probably already knew this an did it anyway, so sage.

Are you implying that capitalists still employ wage labor out of the goodness of their hearts or something? The reason technically illiterate people still exist is because labor is cheap as fuck and more convenient than automation in many cases. Plus, not every job can be easily automated yet. Agriculture is one thing but the financial and service sectors are another if it was more profitable to automate everything it would be done by now. Of course, over time it becomes increasingly more profitable to fire workers and automate but that's a gradual process we are nowhere near the point where machines are universally more efficient than humans at everything yet.

Instead of kicking technically illiterate people out it would make more sense to teach them skills.

I dont see a reason why we shouldnt provide everyone the most basic schooling, housing, healthcare and that sort of thing. But say this is all given to you for free, and you end up doing nothing with it… I think it would be proper for you to make way for someone else who would appreciate these things better.

Besides, technocracy is just an economic system, not a social system. I honestly have no clue how you would organize society. All I know is that you wouldnt need technically illiterate people in it.

bruh you are being retarded here, I dont know what else to tell you, maybe check out those options of the site

I am implying that ever since op paperclip took place, capitalists are replacing themselves.

Won't your fetish just force a larger part of the population to re-invent themselves and learn teach? (As it's already happening, including myself) I mean, you're only getting as many profits as you are cause those unenlightened masses love your stupid gadgets and buy them in the first place. If they dissapeared completely, what of you? You'd fight to the death with the other technofags with your robot army over the remaining resources?

According to few books I gave a light read on the subject, generally accepted philosophy among the people who follow this thing is rationalism and scientism.
Simply meaning that these individuals think that the best way to obtain truth, is trough rational thinking and scientific method. That is how they decide what is true and what isnt.

This obviously goes against Judeo-Christian tradition but no one tried to ban religion. So there's that as well. Really interesting.

They don't generate shit. Workers generate their profit, just so you know.

Well again, what do I know? I honestly couldnt organize a whole society. I see no reason why not to let anyone who wants to help out, help out.

You have very prominent Nazis during 1910 that were inspired by Florida eugenics, advocating all sorts of things.
You also have on the other hand a completely opposite types in the same movement, saying we should allow everyone to take part.
I honestly have no clue but I think that in case there is some sort of conflict of interest, simply the most expert person in the field should make a decision. Or even program a computer to evaluate what is the highest priority, I dont know.

I just think that this is all extremely interesting and could be discussed further.

Nah that's objectively false. You already have workerless factories, this shit is not fantasy anymore.
Dirty peasant being economy is over now.

*top lel, I meant Germans, not Nazis

Look at opensourceecology.org and their wiki for example this

opensourceecology.org/wiki/LifeTrac

Putting together steel square profiles and plates, welding, punching holes and screwing, putting together hydraulic systems is not that hard. But the costs today are prohibitive to a single person, so a certain degree of organization, of socialization of labour is necessary to make it feasible on a larger scale than a single prototype.

Their attempts are bold and certainly a step in the right direction. But their resources are incredibly limited. What they need is to process scrap aluminium in the castings for many of the small objects.

3D printing just does not cut it on the scales larger than centimeters.

As for schooling, you see people making decisions on what education to pursue based on money. Not everyone is a weirdo fascinated by technology and still curious enough to pursue it.

The thirst for knowledge and curiosity can be literally battered out of a little child, a teenager or a young adult through various means. That much is apparent. If you were subjected to boredom, repressed, if you had to work a job as a teenager and had no time for anything else, then this thirst for knowledge would disappear. The curiosity would disappear.

You get negative feedback in certain area, you stop exploring that area. That much is obvious. Just saying that because it is apparent that the liberal idealism of free will and choice does not apply here. Nor does it apply anywhere else, because it is bullshit. Human mind processes information that it gathers and nothing else. That does not mean that we are mindless automatons without sapience. We are sentient and sapient, but we only process what actually is in the environment around us, the information flows around us.

If you already know that liberal notion of free will and freedom of choice is bullshit, then sorry for wasting your time.

I wonder what would transhumanists have to say about technocracy.

Well you have whole houses built in a factory. So you can most certainly print huge stuff. I dont know a single reason why not to, and I study engineering, and I also casually study concrete.

This all sounds extremely utopian but I do not see any need to socialize any work. Machines do it better, cheaper, require no vacations, family leaves, etc etc.

What I am finding really weird is that there are ton of people who do… international relations, sociology etc writing on this thing. Father of sociology (dont know the name, I dont study that lol) in fact was writing texts about technocracy, guy who created positivism in social sciences.
About governments: Chinese government right now is composed of huge number of technical experts, and Soviet government during its height was too.

Sadly, or at least not very interestingly, most of the people who actually do this whole thing, are just private sector small companies. But they dont publish anything, they just make money for themselves.

I agree that the current justice system is bullshit.
The law being more precise won't help. You can't absolutely foresee everything that could happen in social life and make the law reflect that, because every case is going to happen a little differently. That's especially true in a world with quick technological and social change. The point of a law, when it's used well, should be a guide to direct decisions, not to logically determine the correct decision ahead of time. "Interpretation" is somewhat of a misnomer in this way. You can only adapt to the new cases and use the law as a guide.

If humans made the law, then they absolutely would interpret it better than a computer. The easiest way to do this is just to ask the people who made it what they meant, and think about why they made it. The law also involves many assumptions about how society is structured which comes naturally to people living in that society, but would have to be programmed in extreme detail if you tried to get a computer to do it.
In any case, if the AI handles the justice system and humans are making the laws, then the law is effectively code. I wouldn't trust humans to make really good code with such extreme foresight on all these different topics, without any common sense overrides for when the code clearly goes wrong.

If the AI was making the law, then there would be no reason to separate the justice system from it, but that's beyond this discussion.

Thank God your opinion is so much more humble and sensible when you scratch its surface, your first post made you come off as a megalomaniac.

I think what I said is what will happen. Tech will become cheaper, more accesible, and even more profitable to study, so what will be studied is a way to implement it in all fields, their other skills and personal interests (which I think you're undervaluing it) influencing and differentiating their output. Technology will become a way for people to escape wageslavery and labor, contributing something else to society.

At least that's what I hope.

Reminder that value is the ability to compel useful human labour. At the very least, the Silicon Valley Overlords will want manservants just for the pleasure of being waited on by other people.

Globally speaking there hasn't been as many proletarians in world history as there is now.

Keep deluding yourself in your little fantasy bubble.